January 29, 2015 | 1881 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2015 3:28:00 AM More reviews by irenedwiyanti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this long wear gel eyeliner is not very easy to use,but with some experiences you can apply it quickly. overall this eyeliner is waterproof. but when your face is oily, it will fade and your eyes become black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 5:54:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been loving this to tightline lately. I've been wearing the brand's gel liners for years and have always had a lot of success with them, but had never tried a non-shimmery color before. Usually I use Laura Mercier Cake Liner to tightline but after seeing a few tutorials demonstrating this color as a tightline product I just had to try it. I'm happy to say it's worked perfectly for me in that regard and I love it for a minimal look when I want definition but not an obvious eyeliner look. I don't use it as often for my upper or lower lid in a traditional eyeliner way, but when I do it's been staying put well without smudging or flaking. Also I've worn it as a base all over my upper lid using a fluffy brush and applied shimmery, light eyeshadow on top and the effect was really pretty. So overall it's been very versatile for me.

I love the silky, creamy texture of this... it just glides on and feels amazing. Very comfortable. The finish isn't entirely matte, it's more of a satin, which I prefer. Most of the time I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply and I find that works easiest for me to get the types of lines I want.

These pots last for so long and I've never had problems with them drying out as long as I keep the cap screwed shut tightly. I have six of these gel liners now and they're something I'll always have in my makeup rotation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:03:00 PM More reviews by audiovideodisko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This transfers on my lower lid. Well all gel liners do. I've tried brands from WnW to Stila, Kat Von D, and this. If you have oily lids stay away from gel liners! Stila, KvD, UD 24/7 Liquid liner from sephora are good. And Loreal Lineur Intense felt tip in Carbon black, and those Jordana pencils last me all day!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by apopowych

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just purchased it yesterday and returned it today. I read all these reviews then went out and bought it and I was very disappointed, don't know what the hype is about.
To begin with, the pigmentation is not that dark at all, even my e.l.f. gel eyeliner (that cost me 3 dollars) must have been darker. And the texture of it is really bad it smudges and melts right away. Definitely do not recommend .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by tvparty

It took me a while to fall in love with gel liner, and after trying several, i found my Holy Grail!
it's creamy and soft, it glides on the lid at such ease that the only word i can describe it as "elegant".It's pigmented, lightweight, one dip of my brush in the pot lasted for both my eyes, and it lasted me the whole day without smudging.
it is, however a bit of a pain to remove it, and quite expansive (though here, it's only slightly more expansive then the MAC Fluidline) which is a downside, but all in all, this is the perfect gel liner.what can i say, i'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by rougerosette

This gel eyeliner is really good. No wonder it's a cult favorite.

My mom bought a set of two gel eyeliners + a mini brush, buyable from Cathay Pacific Duty Free shop inflight, or at HK International Airport duty free shops.

The eyeliner glides on your lid, lasts a long time and does not smudge easily-- it will smudge after you wear it all day but that's without primer. This is, however, the condition when it's still good and not dried up.

For some unknown reason, this gel eyeliner which I kept inside my makeup bag in my checked in luggage, even after I closed the lid tightly, when I reach my destination, the pot is slightly open. Once I found out about it when I went to Barcelona from Jakarta, closed it tightly, and then on my trip back to Jakarta, the lid was slightly open again.

I was shocked when I found it open again-- and unfortunately, when I realized, it was too late. It's quite dried up. There are ways to recover the condition of your gel eyeliner, but the condition won't be as new, and Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is no exception. My other eyeliner though, (I said I got a set of two), unfortunately the Sepia Ink color which I hardly use, does not dry up AT ALL when you keep the lid always closed. It still has that shiny gel look at it.

Once it has dried up, you have to warm it up on your hands to make application more precise. Even then, the application of the product is still quite challenging. Also, sadly, your eyes will become "smudge city" after just a few hours. I don't remember this happening while the eyeliner was still all gel and not yet dried up.

Due to the price and me still being a student, I did not repurchase the gel eyeliner-- I will when I like to use eyeliners again. Gel eyeliners are a pain in the ass, requires diligent brush-washing and extra care so it doesn't dry up as fast. If you wear gel eyeliner everyday, this is definitely a good investment because it IS really good. You'll need a good brush too; preferably an angled eyeliner brush if you can't afford to buy Bobbi brushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

There is so much hype about this eyeliner. I don't know if its true, but someone at the Bobbi brown counter claimed that gel liner itself is Bobbi Brown's invention.

I purchased this and the fine eyeliner brush at the airport (I was that desperate to try them because it took me a while for me to decide whether or not I wanted to try them)

Pigmentation is alright. nothing over the top. it doesn't come across as transparent, but not glossy and defined. just boring matte tiny bit greyish black.
I didn't know until I've tried other gel eyeliners that the texture is lacking, but it takes a lot of re dipping to fully line. Therefore takes a lot longer than I want it to. Its a bit chalky and isn't as smooth as others like Tarte, Mac, YSL, etc.

The biggest drawback is that the eyeliner is that it doesn't stay. it melts, smudges, and transfers. I tried using different primers, setting powders, eye shadows, brushes, and everything that could possibly have an impact on the longevity. nothing works.

Also hardens within the first few months. I had to throw this out when I wasn't even half done with it. waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard so many great things about it, but it's just kinda meh.

Its quite creamy and thick which I enjoy, it applies to the lid easily. For me, it doesn't smudge or transfer over my lid.

However, the color does not last a school day. By the end of the day, it starts to wear down and look greyish. Also, I have quite watery eyes and it gathers on the side of my eye where it is watery.

Overall, it's ok. I've found myself to like the MAC gel liner better since it doesn't wear down and is kinda waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Absolute staple in my kit!

Texture: I find this eyeliner to have a drier texture (in comparison with MAC fluidlines I have) - however in this specific pitch black shade - I find it brilliant. It glides easier if you warm up a bit of product on the back of you hand or just press it better with your eyeliner brush (against the remaining product in the pot).

Application: this can be a bit tricky, if you are not an experienced brush-eyeliner girl (in that case is easier to get a MAC one, because its texture is creamier and easier to apply). However if you know your tools - you will love the effect this product gives.

There is a great blog post on how to best use this eyeliner, click below if interested: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog#!Best-Pool-Makeup-Professional-Swimmer-Advice/cmbz/E5FB05C3-2A81-4D08-B241-60EF45B86ED7

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.