December 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Pure Pressed Powder in Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by amberdesiray

i have recently rediscovered this again, i ran out of my original powder i used 2 set my makeup, & found this in the back of my drawer, i used it, & i have NO idea, whatsoever, why i ever stopped using this! its so great! i hav combonation/oily skin, & this mattifys my faceee! :) & it helps make my face appear more flawless! (clearly says it on the back also!) it feels so smooth, soft, & most of all, looks flawless & sort of airbrushed! (well...when applied with a powder brush!) i have bout a week or 2 uses left in this, & im totally goin back 2 walmart 2 go get me some moreee! :) <333 hehe i also might check out the foundation 2! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this over Physician's Formula Mineral Concealer. It looked great. I stopped using it for a while and went back to it recently. I wasn't crazy about it. It didn't provide much coverage at all, but then again it's not supposed it. It seemed chalkier and more dry than last time. I guess if you use the entire line of Pure Makeup (concealer, foundation, and powder) it would work pretty well, but I wouldn't reccomend mixing and matching with this one.

Edit: I'm pretty disappointed they discontinued this powder, but kept the foundation and concealer. I really wanted to give it another shot :(.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by NessaPx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very cheap, but looks cakey. It kept my skin matte for two or three hours, but not all day. Color was a little light compared to most "mediums" I've used,

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Addie0184

This product is OK. When I bought this I bought it too light so I never used too much of it on my face, just for my undereyes and any other spots I wanted to cover up. I found that it came off of my face really fast. I don't like the packaging though, the plastic cover broke off and the sponge applicator is terrible, it takes off too much powder and doesn't blend well.
But the powder itself was alright I guess.. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this pressed powder back in the summertime (July, i believe) to take away shine but not make my sensitive skin break out. I didn't really have high expectations for this powder seeing that I don't have good luck with drugstore brands and I had already tried the Pure foundation with negative results. But lo and behold, I am still using this powder in January! It turned out to be an excellent buy and it's exactly what I was looking for. It feels super light on my skin and does a decent job of setting concealer/foundation and as a general finishing powder. Since I already use expensive concealer and foundation I wanted a relatively inexpensive pressed powder, and $7 isn't bad at all. Overall, very pleased =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by celeritas

I've suddenly switched from being a combination to an oily skin so I realized I finally needed powder. This absorbs oil all over my face and has a slightly evening affect on the color of my face. I definitely would not wear it on its own, I need a liquid foundation, liquid concealer with the powder on top to get a good looking face. It doesn't look powdery at all. It provides a great base for eyeshadow. Something that I really like about it is that upon putting liquid eyeshadow on my dark circles that area looks a bit uneven, once the powder goes on, it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted a cheap powder to carry in my small purse for touch-ups. This stuff is perfect, works really well, is tiny enough to slip in the smallest purse, and is cheap! I paid less than $2.50 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by FunkyDory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

had never worn any make-up before and I found it very easy to find a perfect shade to match my skin tone. I don't even wear foundation with this.
I was actually working at an event and had no time to run to the bathroom to put on any make-up...well I whipped out my mirror and the PURE Pressed Powder, a bit of eye shadow and liner, and my lipgloss and it looked great.!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I only paid $1.50 on clearance. This is a light medium shade, even though it says medium. I have fairer skin and wear it. Just from a swipe test on my finger I can tell it's sheer. It must be hard pressed because others come off easily. The puff is rediculous! It's 2 inches long...Like a baby's powder puff. I guess that prevents you from over applying.
No time to use it all over your face. This is a t-zone only powder for quick touch ups. After using it for a week, it really is a good powder. No shine, but no dryness or cakey look. Just the right amount of fresh skin to show through the powder. I will use it up, but wonder if it's being DC'ed

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product I like....non cakey finish, smooth texture, controls shine for a few hours. The packaging? not so much. The powder puff is TINY, and the packaging is cheap....I've had 2 and on both the tops broke off. :-/