December 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

Skincare - Face - La Prairie - Cellular Purifying Systeme Hydro Repair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ulku

If you are in an awkward skin situation (like me) of battling pimples (or acne) and fine lines all at the same time, then this night cream may be your life-saver. It is my life saver for 3 years now and I don't know what to do if they discontinue it. Because believe me, pimples plus wrinkles is quite an unappealing situation.
Hydro-Repair from La Prairie is an oil free night cream, contains Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids. Controls oil, retexturizes the skin, kills the bacteria responsible for acnes, gently exfoliates the surface of the skin and at the same time battles against skin lines. All in one jar. All the things I could only dream of before discovering this cream. A miracle formula for me.
I no more have to buy 2 sets of skincare products. I used to buy one set for controlling the oil and one for the first signs of aging.
And it moisturizes just like other luxurious night creams but without any greasy feeling. No mask effect but No itchiness or irritation either. My skin feels hydrated and very comfortable. So in that sense it does not work like other creams designed for acne-prone skin which I believe helps nothing but only irritate the skin.
Unfortunately it is very expensive but since one jar lasts 6 months it in a way pays me back. Additionally, while using Hydro-Repair I don't see any reason to use a peeling cream or a scrub gel.
They also have a day cream, Hydrating Fluid SPF 15. I also used and loved it. But I didn't repurchase it 'cause I think Clinique's less expensive Superdefence with SPF 25 (for combination/oily skin) works perfectly. So there is no reason to pay lots of money to Hydrating Fluid day cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this product for a couple of years and loved what it did for my skin (combo with tendency to break out) but didn't love the price. It controlled breakouts (in fact, I only had a couple while using it) and my skin looked and felt great, but there are equally good products out there for a much cheaper price. I don't like the amount of packaging that comes with La Prairie products. Very environmentally unfriendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by wink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another horrible product which i bought after reading all the good reviews in MUA. Sometimes it really make me wonder how sincere and truthful are all these reviewers. maybe most of them here are only trying to advertise and promoto the brand. Like the last reviewer, this cream broke me out horribly, everytime i used this cream, painful pimples keep popping out and my whole face was very congested. and like the last reviewer, once i stop using the cream, my face is ok and no new pimple. I am still having those pimples scars from using the cream and there are taking a long time to heal, really regretted using the product. will definitely not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bibs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a scary product. I dont know whats in it, but i broke out in a thousand pimples around my mouth area. An it was clearly from this cream. I really wanted this to work but unfortunately it didnt.

I know that this gave me a lot of pimples, because i stopped using it, my face cleared up, i started again and it was pimples all over again. This also happened to my friend as we purchased it the same time and had the same effect.

Bad stuff!!!

I am actually really dissapointed from the La Prairie range as they are expensive, which i dont mind if they worked, but the just didnt work but also gave me a bad bad reaction.

Watch out for this, be prepared for it maybe to give you big breakouts thatw ill tale absolutely ages to get rid off!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 10:02:00 PM More reviews by owenpillion

Do you want to see results? Do you have skin that tends to be combo or oily or live in a humid and hot climate? Do you tend to break out? Starting to see fine and/or expression lines? This cream is top notch. I cannot tell you how effective this stuff is. It is a light creamy texture--a little goes a long way. It does have the La Prairie Signature smell-- a smell that I adore that some object to. I describe it as "herbally medicine" smell. After one night you will see results--glow, clearer skin. After a week the results just get better. That is because this product contains glycolic acid and in a fairly high concentration (I think 8 %), but that means this is a super effective exfoiiant. But also an excellent moisturizer for the above mentioned skin types. I have tried many high end creams--but this stuff works in terms of clarifying the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 6:31:00 AM More reviews by grenadine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I can't stand the overpowing scent of this product (gives me a headache!) it's the only AHA/BHA moisturiser I have used that keeps my skin blemish-free & cleans out all the oil etc from my pores...leaving my skin smoooooth!! But I don't like the fact that it comes in a heavy, glass jar or that fact that it costs soooo much $$$ However I will continue to buy it at least from SNet anyway (I save over AU$60 a jar off RRP!) until I find something cheaper & better. But until then my skin is glowing with this product!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by skinprofusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I'm a product junky! But this product I will buy again and again! It really works! seems like anything makes me break out! This clears them right up! It is a very effective product! stings when you apply it on the skin, but I know it's working! It has 8% glycolic acid and 0.5% AHA in a low enough PH for it to work correctly! This makes me want to try other La Prairie products!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lubenica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had this product for several months now, and am still trying to answer one question : How can something that does nothing cost so much?
Honestly, I don't understand the purpose of this moisturizer.
It smells unpleasant, stings on use, leaves face shiny, and does absolutely nothing for your skin. And it costs a bomb!
Girls, save your $$$$ and look elswhere for your face cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ever since I became diligent in using this cream three to four times per week (at night only, it's not meant to be for daytime) my oily and acne prone skin has completely cleared. I am certain it is because of this product because I have not changed anything else in my skincare or make up routine. I agree with others that this is best for oily and very oily skin. I does sting a little bit the first few times you use it but I guess that's part of the "exfoliating" work it is meant to do. The pot seems to last forever. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sandra84

I tried this product two years ago along with the Dual Phase Toner. At that time, I thought the more expensive skincare means the better the result will be. After using the two products for two months, I swear I will NEVER EVER touch these two stupid products again. Dry out my skin, but still oily, clogged pores, small red bumps all over the face, and it is really really EXPENSIVE for me. What a waste of money!!!