October 20, 2014 | 2028 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - StickGloss in Peony

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lipsticks, but this color was much fuller and darker than I expected. Lovely berry color, like a dark berry on me. Some sparkle, maybe closer to burgundy on me. Im an NC25 dark medium blonde hair, fair complexion.

I would recommend this for olive complexion with dark hair. Striking color!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by LSJ2002

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great color - on me it seems a brighter pinkier version of my own lip color. The texture is nice - not too shiny and goopy like a gloss but definitely has a gloss to it. It doesn't dry my lips. The packaging feels good & substantial - not cheapy. The scent is a downside - very reminiscent of a fruity Bonne Belle Lipsmacker from back in my middle school days. The only other downside for me is the shimmer stays behind as it wears off and leaves little specks of tiny glitter on my lips. I think I would buy it again - maybe try another color. The price is high but I think all-in-all worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous and the formula is creamy and moist - what's not to love? (except for the price of course) This does have the tiniest bit of orange to it which I can't stand but other than that, it's a lovely hard-to-describe color that I think would look great on all skintones. Maybe it's a rosy plummy deep pink. Something like that. It doesn't have great lasting power but it's a stickgloss so I didn't expect much in that department. It is very flattering and a deeper, shinier MLBB so I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this and loved it - the fantastic formula which is so comforting and still provides a great deal of colour. To me Peony is MLBB, a surprisingly warm medium pinkish tone. Then I repurchased - and the fragrance has been altered and is now a sickening fruity stink. Had the fragrance not been changed the overall rating would have been a 5 and I would have repurchased - again... Unless that is changed I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first looked at the color in the tube, I thought that this would be a brownish/mauve shade but when I applied it, it turned out to be a gorgeous pink-mauve. This has become my go-to lipstick. as my DH and the (gruff) guys I work with mentioned that I look "great" when I wear it. In fact, one of my co-workers thought that I was going on an interview the first time I wore it to work.

...but I digress. This is a lovely shade, as I mentioned. It's not too pink, it's not too mauve. It has just the right amount of frost to make it interesting (matte shades don't work for me) but not enough to be OTT or emphasize my wintery flaky lips.

It doesn't feel like a gloss per se, but it does feel nice and smooth on the lips and doesn't dry out my lips. Its lasting power isn't amazing (I can go about 2 hours between touchups), but as it wears it leaves a pretty rosy color on my lips. It doesn't feel yucky as it wears, either, which is a big plus--I hate how some lipsticks get nasty after an hour or so.

This is a winner. I'm tempted to try other Stickglosses now, but I doubt I'll love any other color as much as I love Peony.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I stumbled on this lippie on a Sephora trip and it may just be my HG. I have fair skin and this color looks wonderful. I like the texture, it doesn't dry out my lips, but isn't too glossy for work, it lasts fairly well, no funky taste and brightens my whole face.
The color is kind of a mauvey, shimmer, neutral but not muddy at all!
I will repurchase and am in love with peony!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Laura Mercier's Peony lipstick is a wonderful enriched creamy stickgloss that lasts through my morning coffee hour at work right until lunch time! Looks lovely in its pinky mauve state! I would return to LM's lipsticks. I think they have a lasting quality that beats MAC lipsticks. And I absolutely love the variations of MAC's lipsticks along with the lustreglasses. Try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love LM's Stickglosses, and Peony is no exception. I RIS from a lovely swapper (waves, Pam!) and so am getting to try before I buy. This is a complex color--cool, deep pink/rose with some plum/mauve and bronze tones--that is darker than my pigmented lips, but not so dark that it's aging or makes my lips look tiny. It is a bit less sheer and a bit more shimmery than other Stickglosses (like Rosewater or Purple Haze), but I find that those qualities give it a bit more polished finish, and it wears a bit longer, leaves a bit of a stain as it wears off, and doesn't require reapplication as often. The shimmer is a tiny bit gritty (minus one lipstick for that), but I don't find this shade less moisturizing than any of the other Stickglosses. Another winner from LM!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Peony is a rosey plum on my lightly pigmented lips. I think it wears well and is a go to color. Surprisingly, it's not very hydrating and can actually be a little drying. It's expensive, but the color keeps me coming back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this while on a mission to find the closest match to a much loved and discontinued Chanel Flamingo Glace lipstick. I had a swatch of the chanel on my hand and went around Sephora trying to match it. This was the closest match and it's really nice. I took off one point because really, the tube is small. I'm not sure why. Just make a regular sized lipstick tube please. This is a pretty cool mauve / pink / rose with a hint of shimmer lipstick. It's very flattering on my fair skin and gives a nice polished look without looking overdone. It is almost a neutral too as it's not so outrageous of a color.