August 30, 2014 | 1162 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Steamy

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Recently bought and still experimenting on. Looks vibrant whet pat on the lid with a 239 brush, but faded to a very pale bluish green when I tried to blend it a bit with a 217. Not my best eye shadow to work with. My favourite combination so far is heavily applied (pat, not swept) on the inner 1/3 of the lid, cork on the outer part and lots of black mascara. Better apply over a paint pot, as it's not really long-lasting on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this turquoise eyeshadow! Blends great and lasts all day. Like to put a little of deep truth in the outer corner of the eye with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Earthyeyes

This eyeshadow is very beautiful.

I own many teal and blue eyeshadows but this colour truly reminds me of a mermaid. It is a stunning mix of blue and green, and I love the texture and how wonderfully it blends.

I paired this with Urban Decay's Omen eyeshadow from the 15th Anniversary palette and I was amazed how lovely they looked together! On the upper lash line I lined my eyes with Mac's Superslick Eyeliner in Nocturnal. This was for the day time mind you, I just wanted to wear something colourful and pretty, when the weather is dull and grey outside.

Mac makeup artists commented how pretty my eyes looked when I went in to purchase Russian Red (the most gorgeous red ever - get it!) and I took that as a sure sign this eyeshadow is a winner in my books!

Honestly I love this colour and there are so many ways you can wear it: as an eyeliner, paired with Expensive Pink or Coppering for a twist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

A very pretty shimmery aqua blue color. Blends well but really needs to be packed on instead of swiped on. Looks good with a variety of different colors and a great way to wear color without being too bold or extreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by erwachenspring

Looks gorgeous blue on the lid once applied wet, but turns into a grey-blue color that's still beautiful, but not the color in the pan I fell in love with. I have NW20 skin. I will find a look to wear this beautiful shadow with, I don't really do 'smokey however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by applecour

Although I love this color, and it's super blendable & true to color, it just doesn't look good on me. I really wish it did, because I love it ): I wouldn't recommend it for blue or grey eyes. Washes your eyes out in my opinion.

EDIT: I recently paired this color with Jane's Rockstar (neutral, medium brown) and some black cream liner on the top and it looks gorgeous! Maybe I can rock this color after all. I'm super excited that it won't be wasting away in my palette any longer. Highly highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by McKaelaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iíve had steamy for probably a good 2 years and I still canít find a solid way to use it. The color is beautiful, and I donít know if itís my eye color that steers me away or what. Even when I do wear this, I feel like I only use a light wash and it ends up getting blended into one of the blues I use more often. Pretty color, but probably not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

I love steamy on top of a dark base like fluidline in blacktrack. The colour is beautiful and really brings out my eyes. I like to wear this on the lid with Jealousy awakes on the outer v and swimming in the crease. Vanilla to highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

The MAC website describes this as "Bluish-green w/gold pearl (Frost)" and that is right on. It is one of those aqua/teal shades but definitely leans more toward the green side. The swatch on their website is also pretty accurate. It's definitely a warmer rather than cooler shade.

Because it's a frost, it doesn't show up nearly as dark on your eyelid as it appears in the pan. This may be a pro or con for you depending on what you're looking for.

It's a nice shade, but I rarely use it. I would not repurchase it because I probably won't finish it, and because I don't think it's too unique. You can find something the same (or close enough at least) easily in another brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I borrowed this from my best friend. Her good friend recently let her borrow about 15 MAC shadows, and I'm on a mission to try them all and review them one by one. This is only the third one I've used, and it is divine. The coloring is beautiful, and very pigmented. Would definitely purchase this.