MAC Frost - Steamy

4.5

on 11/8/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adore this beautiful and unique turquoise frosted mixture of green/blue/gold! I have ordered colors similar from other brands but they don't hold a candle to Steamy. This is a very striking in your face color - very bombshell. I think it really brings out the eyes and works great for all eye colors.

ckb

on 10/21/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a beautiful, pigmented shadow! I normally wouldn't reach for this, but a friend passed it off to me and I've discovered that this color looks amazing with my blue eyes. I sometimes just smudge it into some turquoise liner on the lower lash line (I like Rimmel Scandaleyes kajal liner in Turquoise). Then sometimes I venture out and put it on my lid. When it's on my lid -- I like to tone it down a bit with a light shade on top. It gives me an icy look and really brightens up my eye area. I don't think I'll need to buy this because it will last me forever, but I will enjoy it while I have it.

on 10/18/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The most gorgeous shade of turquoise eye shadow that you will fine. The quality,opaqueness, ease of blending is not matched by any other company.I really didn't think I needed this since I already had Swimming(a light green) however I recently purchased Stars & Rockets along with Vibrant grape & saw this look featured with Steamy on a blog. No doubt when doing one eye with each Steamy most definitely set the look off. I also tried Aquadisiac since they are similar but Steamy formula is much better.

on 1/31/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Recently bought and still experimenting on. Looks vibrant whet pat on the lid with a 239 brush, but faded to a very pale bluish green when I tried to blend it a bit with a 217. Not my best eye shadow to work with. My favourite combination so far is heavily applied (pat, not swept) on the inner 1/3 of the lid, cork on the outer part and lots of black mascara. Better apply over a paint pot, as it's not really long-lasting on its own.

on 11/13/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this turquoise eyeshadow! Blends great and lasts all day. Like to put a little of deep truth in the outer corner of the eye with it.

on 3/24/2013 8:10:00 AM

This eyeshadow is very beautiful.

I own many teal and blue eyeshadows but this colour truly reminds me of a mermaid. It is a stunning mix of blue and green, and I love the texture and how wonderfully it blends.

I paired this with Urban Decay's Omen eyeshadow from the 15th Anniversary palette and I was amazed how lovely they looked together! On the upper lash line I lined my eyes with Mac's Superslick Eyeliner in Nocturnal. This was for the day time mind you, I just wanted to wear something colourful and pretty, when the weather is dull and grey outside.

Mac makeup artists commented how pretty my eyes looked when I went in to purchase Russian Red (the most gorgeous red ever - get it!) and I took that as a sure sign this eyeshadow is a winner in my books!

Honestly I love this colour and there are so many ways you can wear it: as an eyeliner, paired with Expensive Pink or Coppering for a twist.

on 8/10/2012 12:57:00 AM

A very pretty shimmery aqua blue color. Blends well but really needs to be packed on instead of swiped on. Looks good with a variety of different colors and a great way to wear color without being too bold or extreme.

Looks gorgeous blue on the lid once applied wet, but turns into a grey-blue color that's still beautiful, but not the color in the pan I fell in love with. I have NW20 skin. I will find a look to wear this beautiful shadow with, I don't really do 'smokey however.

on 4/25/2012 9:06:00 AM

Although I love this color, and it's super blendable & true to color, it just doesn't look good on me. I really wish it did, because I love it ): I wouldn't recommend it for blue or grey eyes. Washes your eyes out in my opinion.

EDIT: I recently paired this color with Jane's Rockstar (neutral, medium brown) and some black cream liner on the top and it looks gorgeous! Maybe I can rock this color after all. I'm super excited that it won't be wasting away in my palette any longer. Highly highly recommend!

on 3/30/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Iíve had steamy for probably a good 2 years and I still canít find a solid way to use it. The color is beautiful, and I donít know if itís my eye color that steers me away or what. Even when I do wear this, I feel like I only use a light wash and it ends up getting blended into one of the blues I use more often. Pretty color, but probably not for me.