December 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Revlon - Age Defying Light Makeup SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

This isn't available in Australia so I buy it on Ebay. Shade 32 - Light, is just a touch too light for me but is workable in winter. Shade 34 Light/Mediuim is absolutely perfect. I wanted a tinted moisturiser that I could use on a daily basis as I don't really use foundation every day. The lighting is my bathroom is truly woeful in the early mornings so a tinted moisturiser that is light in coverage and forgiving of my slapdash approach is the perfect option for me. This goes on like a dream and evens out my imperfections. It doesn't make my combination skin any more oily, it doesn't block my pores or break me out and with a light dusting of powder it makes it through a regular work day. A perfect ligher alternative to the usual age defying liquid makeup by Revlon, easy to use and gives just enough coverage to smooth over lifes little lumps and bumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Warning: This is my HG everyday makeup, but I think it's being discontinued--I see tubes marked with 50% off at the drugstore. Can anyone confirm this?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Tessa2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Right now I have five different foundations and this one is my favorite. I love the way it feels on my skin, the light creamy feel. It's not oily, covers well for being lightweight, and it smells great! I also love that it's spf 30. However I decided to cut out parabens from my cosmetics since they are unhealthy. Sadly, this one has them. It rated to high on the safety database (an 8 which is too unheatlhy for me), so I won't be using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by marylee_126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it as a bargain as I love Age Defying Makeup with botafirm for normal/combinational skin with SPF 20. I am surprised how good this is. It goes on smoothly, and the texture is so light and easy to blend. The coverage is really enough for me, and it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin so dewy. The real plus is the high SPF it has, and now I wear it instead of sunscreen. It also moisturizes well and never dried my skin as other foundations, or cause any break out, even I am extremely acne prone. It does not have the oxidation problem as most foundation I used. Anyway, I am very satisfied with this product and will definitely buy it again. For everyday use, it is my HG now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

This is a nice tinted moisturizer/light foundation. However Revlon don't seem to care much (in this case) about fair-skinned girls. The lightest shade looks too orange on me :-( Otherwise it feels really light and gives sheer coverage so you will still need concealer afterwards if you don't have perfect skin. I don't know about breakouts though because I didn't ware it long enough.
I would buy it again but only if Revlon make a good shade for us, PPP girls.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is HARD to find. I think it is on the way out. I couldn't find it in Walmart, Target, Walgreens or Ulta. My husband checked the B/X for me & found it. He got light like I told him to. I tried it this morning & it was a ORANGEY TAN. Def not light. I read some say this has yellow tones- NO, it has orange tones. What's the point of the spf if you would have to tan till you're orange to color match this. I have pale skin but not pale like Anne Hathaway or Nicole Kidman & I have kinda pinkish skin, makeup with pick or blue undertones works for me. The color of the tube is the color of the makeup. I don't think hubby knew that, he just looked for the shade light. He's usually pretty good with helping out with stuff like this too being he's married to a beauty obsessed woman.

I'm disappointed because I was looking for a TM with a tad more coverage than my CG TM. I like the idea of SPF 30 too so I could stop using a seperate SS. I have the Revlon Colorstay concealer & foundation in Ivory & each one has pink tones so it is a perfect match to my skin. So I was surprised at how dark & orange this product was. I may take a ride to the B/X myself & see if fair would be a better match or try Revlon Colorstay Active Light makeup- those shades actually look normal.

Edit: I returned this & tried Colorstay Active Light & that didn't work either so I returned it as well. Boo Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Tarteone

I bought this product only after searching the web for "the best tinted moisturizer" ... that search lead me to MA... and I am ever sooooo thankful :)
I have read some great reviews and have decided to experiment with lower-end products due to the comments I've read on this site. I guess I am guilty of thinking "if it costs more... it must be better".
That is simply not the case with this product. I LOVE it. It goes on like silk... gives just the right amount of coverage especially for daytime, a day at the beach, or to the gym (for a little evening out of the skin tone) I work out a lot and don't mind hitting the gym with no makeup... however, my skin tends to be a little blotchy at times and this product does a great job of evening out the skin tone without it looking as though I have on make-up. Brilliant!
A great find.... Thanks MA!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by susaneec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In general, I don't like face makeup and tend not to wear it. That said, I do love this product. It goes on light, provides sheer coverage, blends very easily, and doesn't cake on my T-zone as the day progresses. I have acne-prone, normal/oily combo skin and for the most part, I tend to my skin care fastidiously so I don't have to bother with foundation or powder. On special occasions or days when my skin absolutely needs a perk, this is what I reach for. At the end of the day, it washes off easily with my regular cleanser and has not once sparked a zit on my irritable skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by jacjac70

I bought the Age defying Light Makeup SPF 30 last Saturday and used it once.

It went on evenly and blend easily with my fingers. It is my first liquid foundation so I can offer no comparison with other brands here. I liked how it felt on my face and have colleagues commented that my face looked smoother and "tighter" with the foundation and they wanted to know what I did over last weekend to tone my face.

It did lessen the look of the fine lines around my eyes and did not feel heavy nor sticky.

However, my face began to itch as I perspire late in the afternoon. I'm not sure if it is due to some allergic reaction to the foundation or it was that time of the month but it realy itches(esp around the nose and lips as well as eyebrows) and all I wanted to do was to wash my face immediately. There were no redness/spots/zits etc, just plain simple itch....and the itch lasted awhile after I removed my MU. One thing to note though was that I was having some rough/rash-like stuff on my face prior to the use of the foundation( reason unknown, but I suspect due to over exfoliation, deadly combi of scrub,steam + deep cleansing mask twice last week).

Anyway, I really like the feel and look and I refuse to give up on it. I am wearing it right now(again) to test if it itches this time round. I am on medical leave at home so was thinking I can always wash it off if it does.

Keeping my fingers crossed but I do HOPE it works for me...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by v70t5m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Revlon's Age Defying Makeup was better than Neutrogena's Skin Enhancer, but not as good as CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer.

I find Revlon's smell disturbing (and tend to look for unscented products for this very reason) and the color is just so off for me.

I'm assuming this line is not directed at my skin chemistry, but may work just fine for someone else (who does not have a twitchy nose).