October 2, 2014 | 1370 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Pastel Teint Essentiel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The high ratings of this powder are a mystery to me - unless I bought a fake, but I wouldn't expect Bourjois to attract counterfeiters! I have it in the Rose colour as that's the only one I could source. Maybe I have an old, dried-out version, because...
It's packed into the pan very hard and thus it's difficult to pick up product and get it to stick to a brush for application. It feels gritty and dry in the pan, and rather scratchy on the skin.
It doesn't seem to stick to the skin well either, even when well moisturised or with foundation on. Perhaps it takes the surface sheen off foundation a little?? Maybe it's OK for that, as a minimalist kind of product. It offers no coverage at all on its own.
So I'm not really sure what it's for. It doesn't seem to achieve anything much visually and it doesn't even feel pleasant.
The packaging is simple, cheap, just adequate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

wonderfull powder it's the best powder I have ever used it smells
amazing , very soft texture & you hardley feel you'r wearing
any make up as it allows your skin to breez
the only bad thing about it is it has no shade for fair skin
as the lightest shade is still darker than my skin tone so I think
I will not reperchaise it untill they make lighter shades that suites
my skin tone

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Average Price.
Quite good staying power,but do not use this if you have a heavy schedule.
I don't like the container.
It has no mirrors and is annoying to twirl around to get it to open.
Also,it is very fragile. I once knocked it [It was in my bag] and all the compact powder went in lots and lots of small pieces. So i finally decided to crunch it all to use it as a loose powder to set my liquid foundation.
It really unifies your skin tone,but i don't like that,because then it becomes too obvious that i have makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this powder so mush , it gives a very natural glow , that i feel it comes from within ..really like it but for some reason it's not easy to get my hands on my shade here in saudi arabia ..it is allways avillable in just 1 or 2 shades ....i really like it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by vivaicewine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a magical powder to me :D
I bought mine in #68 (Dore) n it suits my tanned skin quite well. Its a kind of light, fine, long-wearing, n lovely powder, giving a result of flawless, glowing, n naturally pretty & healthy look. My face even looks naturally shimmery with it.
However, I have to use lighter colour during the autumn & winter when my skin tone turns fair.

Its packaging is a bit tricky (u have to swirl to open) but quite lovely n feminine :) Its puff is not very handy so I use my own powder brush :P It scent is like one of 'Johnson & Johnson' lotions (can not remember which one, sorry) plus plum, but well... is fine to me ;)

I will definitely buy it again!!

*EDIT*
i got a lighter one (#66 Vanille) today which suits my natural skin very well n gives a sheer & flawless look

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by xxparisonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely a lovely powder that the MUA @ Ulta recommended. I am pale, and bought this in 66 Vanille to add a subtle hint of glowy color to my skin without making me look like a ghost. This product does just that. My skin is healthy and perfect. The packaging is very cute, but sort of hard to apply if you use a powder brush because it is dome shaped. Nonetheless, it is a beautiful powder that doesnt accentuate the hairs on your face :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No