November 29, 2014 | 1046 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matt Lovely

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by oogg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have used this foundation for quiet long time so think i can give a bit of a fair opinion it is a very liquidy foundation, looks very greasy, has a small tube, however it did last quit some time, not greasy on the face( my skin tends to be oily in summer) but what i didnt like was the colour it has an orange tinge that made me look............ well........... orange and i m like nc20 or nc25.........but yes i would have bought it again if the color suited me better

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

it is cakey,it isnt any long lasting,it peels off,and it has a orange undertone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know many people don't like this foundation, but I liked it very much even compared to some pricey foundations I've been testing.

It's very liquid, some people complain it's too oily but I have to say: I have combined skin and suffered from acne spots during my teenage years, so I avoid oily products. Plus, I live in Rio, Brazil, and yes, when it's too hot (like, you know, 11 months/year), it can melt easily. I use a good powder after this foundation, it's a must-do. I don't know how it would behave in cool, dry places, but I believe it would be even better.

About the texture: it's liquid but it has an amazing coverage for me. The weirdest thing is that I'm an NC20-25 (I'll never find out, I gave up) and I bought Rosé Claire. It gives me an amazing skin tone. I just think people with very fair complexion (like Cate Blanchet, Evan Rachel Wood etc) would have problems finding a good color.

Overall, I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by esque

Yes, this was very matt and quite lovely. Great finish, tube lasts forever. I'd say this is medium to high coverage. Smells like chocolate mousse! Problems are the lack of shades, the prevalence of pink tones and the runnyness. I bought two tubes of this and would repurchase again IF they broguht out more colours and tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by ginawina

I love this product. My skin is very light and it leaves me with a powdery sense when I apply it. I don't like the packaging, it gets messy after some time...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The only thing "Lovely" about this product is its packaging. It's really a horrible foundation. Worse than drugstore brands. Here's why. The tube gets messy when I squeeze out the product. Too much comes out most of the time, so I have to be extra careful. I think it's because the product is very runny. And it doesn't spread well on my face. It is also streaky/uneven and makes any flakiness visible. Coverage is light to medium, BUT looks unnatural. I recommend Clinique clarifying foundation cus it's a LOT better... better packaging, spreads much smoother and easier, looks natural and good coverage, better consistency, and keeps my skin matte without any powder touchups. It's only 0.7 oz, versus standard foundation size of one ounce. Bourjois is a drugstore brand in UK, so why pay higher price for that in the US? =(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by babiappl3

So when i went to sephora the sales person picked this foundation for me. i'm asian but very fair skinned with a tiny bit of yellow tones. Apparently the sales rep must have been pretty bad cause she completely picked the wrong color for me. Not only is the color at times stark white, in other lighting it looks orange. The texture it just okay, nothing special. It spreads evenly but it looks pretty unnatural and definitely dangerous is you apply too much. I can't wait to buy a new foundation so i can stop using this one. The packaging is horrible. i close the bottle all the way but every single time i open it it's all spilled out into the cap. you can't even store this upside down. I've only ever owned two liquid foundations, my first was neutrogena and this was my second. Overall the look isn't natural and the color choices are limited. I just use this and mix it with my moisturizer to lighten it and let my natural color show cause otherwise i look completely cakey. I know there are better foundations out there, don't waste your money, save up and buy something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Divinityinmotions

This is one of my favorite foundations. It is very powdery after you apply it on your face and evens my skin perfect. The shades are great and i always find the perfect shade for my skin. It was one of my dermatologist recommandation so i fallowed her advice. It rubbs off on everything, it is true...but when i want something that doesn't i go with a color stay foundation. This is still one of my favorites no matter what. I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was just ok. It is pretty sheer so it doesn't look like I am wearing a lot of makeup. However, it rubs off on everything. I get shiny within an hour. Its really not matte at all. I don't mind this stuff, but its really not worth the price that you pay for it. Plus it is a tiny amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by nefariouslycruel

Good colour selection but it looks too caked up and powdery. Plus, within half an hour my skin was shiny and the make up had disappeared. Horrible waste of my cash.