November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rouge Velvet-Detective

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Trickytania

This is a great neutral-but-better color on my (PPP with very dark hair and eyes). Since Clinique discontinued Cupcake I have been searching for a great everyday lipstick, and this color is great. It's a browny pink on me. It is very very matte though, so don't expect any shine, or even much of a creamy feel. It feels very "thin", if that makes any sense, but does a great job at staining the lips so I am careful not to apply too much. The scent is alright, and the packaging is classy. A great product.
ETA: after wearing for a few weeks I've decided this is too brown for my skin tone. It tends to make me look washed out, AND it's a very drying formula. So I deducted 1 lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Detective is a neutral YLBB colour. Its sort of rosey brown more rose than brown. Has a creamy texture. Prefer the 30 Am in this range, but this is a nice shade.