July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Crème - Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by 0729035

Bought this after hearing all the reviews on YouTube. I love this foundation it applies really smooth (I find my fingers work best for this foundation) and covers the red pigmentation on my face. This is my third bottle and I would repurchase again. My shade is cream ivory in Mac I'm a nc25. Pros: pigmented, blends easily, hydrating. Cons: price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although this is a pricey foundation, it exceeds any drugstore brand I've ever tried. (and I've tried many!) The shade I was matched with was a tad too orange, but I'm hoping the line offers one more suitable. It only takes a tiny amount of product (tiny- as in- is there any on my brush??) and it covers beautifully without looking heavy or cakey. The finish is not radiant, but not quite matte either. It covers pores well, and has great lasting power. I highly recommend trying this product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this in a couple of different shades. Am on my 3rd tube but unfortunately I fell out of love with this foundation :(. The final tube I had doesn't stay on and oxidises and makes my skin look awful. Gives fab coverage and feels lovely on the skin but unfortunately with having combination skin it just slides off so gets a thumbs down now x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I decided to try out this little gem, and it is most definitely in my top 3 of favorite HG foundations of all times. I have tried it ALL - from drugstore to high end. Typically I stick to higher end foundations now that I make a little more coin and I honestly prefer the quality. I think you can obviously get drug store items like mascara, eye liner, lipstick, lip liner, eyeshadow etc that perform just as well as higher end make up. But I truly believe that foundation is the one area that you shouldn't cheap out on and it will make a huge difference. My top 3 favorite foundations in no particular order since I alternate them depending on my mood and the occasion - MAC Pro Longwear , Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It Foundation, and Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. I feel like the Silk Creme is sort of the best of both worlds of the MAC and Kat Von D foundation. It has amazing FULL coverage like the Kat Von D but is still natural looking (the pro long wear is most definitely a natural looking foundation).

I only need a small amount and after I use a primer I apply all over with my fingers, spread accordingly and then buff out with my Sigma F80. Not only does it cover all of my redness, blemishes, imperfections, hyper pigmentation but it looks like my skin! It is actually incredible. I have never been able to achieve such flawless looking skin in such a short amount of time. It literally takes me like 6 minutes to do my whole face with under eye concealer , foundation and setting powder (which normally is a 15 + minute ordeal for me because Im usually buffing, blending and trying to make it look natural). I very rarely need to use concealer on blemishes unless they are cystic or something when I use this foundation. The formula itself is thick yet still kind of watery/mousse like, and it's very easy to blend out. It literally melts into your skin and I wouldn't call it super matte but it's also not dewy....it just looks like your real skin! It is also very long wearing. When I wear this foundation I don't have to blot for about 4-7 hours unless it's really hot outside or I'm sweating at work from being around hot water and a hot espresso machine. It wears VERY nicely, doesn't fade or flake off, and is transfer resistant.

My only complaint is that the color selection is very limited. I was lucky enough to get an exact color iQ match from Sephora, but for all you ladies with pink undertones you're SOL. I am a NC30-35 in MAC and I use the color 'Sand Beige'. I do think that maybe this is breaking me out because it is so long wearing and I'm not properly removing it at night (I'm usually lazy and just use make up wipes, I don't actually use my Clarisonic or wash my face like I should) but that is just a theory at this point, as it's my time of the month and I always get horrible acne. This foundation is definitely pricey at $45.00 before tax. Ouch! Even for me, that's pricey but it's well worth it and you skip the need for concealer most of the time anyways. Also, always shake the foundation up well. I get much better coverage when I shake it before every use.

If this is within your budget and you want natural flawless looking skin, look no further! But the harsh reality is that thousands of women probably won't get a color match since there are only 10 colors to choose from.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Edit: after about a month of use this actually did break me out, I think it's just too pore clogging for my skin. Switched back to the smooth finish foundation powder. I have changed my rating from 4 to 3. It still gives beautiful coverage and is worth a try out, my skin is very picky.

Boss foundation. Definitely in my top 5, though it's not perfect. The coverage is incredible, I have a myriad of skin issues the most difficult to cover being dark, leftover acne scars and the once a month (ugh) massive cysts. If I just use a light layer all over my face and then double over my problem areas I need no concealer. I haven't had an issue with wear, and I have worn it for up to 9 hours (and have oily skin). I do set it with the LM brightening powder though, and just use sunscreen as a base, so that may be why. I also don't really do anything more strenuous than walking around because I am epic at being lazy. I love that I can apply this with my fingers because it's so much quicker and less wasteful than a sponge.

My main concern is that it does seem to really clog up my pores if worn regularly, though it doesn't break me out (unless I combine it with the radiance primer...which I will never do again). For my skin LM foundations seems be the kindest. If you have acne prone skin that tends to react badly to liquid foundations (and mineral foundations) this may be perfect for you.

The colour range is a bit meh and runs light. I have really yellow skin and LM has provided perfect shades in every other range but this. There is a really limited choice, and hazelnut biege (the darkest option) is the perfect darkness but definitely not yellow enough for my skin. It's passable but washes me out a bit. Out of curiosity, and weirdness, I tested all the other shades (is whiteface racist?). The silk creme range seems to be very yellow (not yellow enough for me though) and I really can't see any girls with peachy tones finding a colour match. The 'premium' price I hate as well. Department store makeup sells for more than crack or gold.

All that said, every time I wear this people tell me my skin looks really good! My skin is still a work in progress so it's definitely all due to the foundation. No offence to girls with good skin, I am jealous of you and also never trust your foundation reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by samespace

This was my first pricey foundation, but I didn't enjoy using it. I'm of a combination skin type, and this wasn't just for me. Color is good, but my face got oily just within 30 minutes to 1 hour. I do live in a tropical country, it might be better for someone with dry skin and lives in a cold place. This one just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by RParkerxx

This foundation is definitely my HOLY GRAIL!!! I love it so much and am almost completely out which makes me sad! I purchased in shade Bamboo Beige. Looks flawless after application and covers redness and dark circles. I apply with a Sigma F80 Kabuki Brush and use a primer beforehand (Loreal Lumi Magique). A great method I use when going out on the weekend is by mixing it with my Kat Von D Lock It Foundation... Looks AMAZING! If you haven't tried this you need to NOW!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by aspenrocks99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks amazing on. It gives my face a really flawless finish and reduces a lot of my redness, however it doesn't really cover up bumps. I loved the way it matched my undertone perfectly. I look like a porcelain doll! Also after a few hours however, it gets cakey and oily on my forehead but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the most part I love this foundation. However 60 dollars is a little much, I would probably price it myslelf at 40 or 45.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried very hard to love this foundation. Especially at that price. At first application, it feels so smooth and flawless. However, it's not long lasting at all. I wear it to work at 8am. By 1pm it's melted off my face and look oily. I even applied primer before the foundation and set it with finishing powder. Doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

Half a tube later and I've finally managed to make this product work! I have a very oily t-zone and normal to dry the rest of my face, I found this foundation would wear off very quickly as soon as I got the slightest bit oily around my t-zone making it look patchy and cakey, I tried mixing with multiple foundations but could not get it to work BUT I've found if I use Estée Lauder double wear maximum cover(the stuff in the blue tube not glass bottle) I use this in creamy vanilla on the middle of my face then use the silk creme in shade medium ivory(this was too dark when used on my whole face) on the outside of my face and this looks awesome! Estée Lauder on its own can look very flat matte but with the nice glow that silk creme gives it's brings the whole face together looking flawless, nice glow but still matte and lasts all days with few touch ups :)