August 30, 2014 | 1761 users online

Crème - Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is medium coverage. It dries matte on my normal skin. It is average. High transferability. Rose ivory is about a nw20 that oxidises into a nw25.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

It's...okay. I'm light skinned and I'm having so much trouble with which shade to use! Anyway, after like an hour, it oxidizes to orange! I am using "cream ivory" the second lightest shade and I'm afraid the lightest one is just not worth driving over to exchange it AGAIN. But I love the consistency. I want to find this formula in my color. It would even be worth the price tag

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was recommended to me at Sephora because I was looking for really good coverage since I've been breaking out, but also something that was lightweight and wouldn't be "cakey" on my dry skin and that would give me a dewy or satin finish.

This definitely did all of that for me and I was sold after testing it out at the store. One layer of this foundation will give you medium coverage. And you can build it as you desire from there. It leaves you with a satin finish that looks really creamy.

The lasting power is pretty decent on this as well and it only separates on me around the corners of my nose and a little bit on my chin. Nothing that cannot be easily touched up.

The shade selection was awesome for us light skinned girls. I am usually the lightest shade of foundation I can pick up at a drugstore and sometimes even those are too dark, but this had at least 2 shades lighter than me. The only downside was that my options were between an obvious yellow undertone and an obvious pink undertone. Neither really matched me I am more on the neutral side of cool toned skin and the color I got is too pink for my taste, so I might try out a different color next time.

Overall this foundation was a little pricey for me. I try to stick under $40 at Sephora and this was $45. But the quality is really good and definitely outdoes anything I've tried thus far at the drugstore- and I have tried a ton. I was wearing Clinique's Redness Solutions, which was currently the best looking foundation I owned, before trying this on at the Sephora that day and this one made that one look "meh" !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by pointdexter8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have darker skin with freckles and so finding foundations that cover well but do not make me look likeBozo the clown are hard to come by. I love the foundation I can layer need to and where I want to. No cake face found here. I am a dancer (not a stripper a legitimate dancer) and this looks great on stage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Shade warning: If you are Nc/w40& up(medium deep/tan-dark), you will have a difficult time finding shades for the foundation runs light and not so many shades. I am Nc40-42 and Hazelnut Beige(the darkest shade) was a match,but being any slightly lighter and I would look ghost faced, it was borderline. I warmed it up with bronzer and it was much better.

as for the performance, very positive results!

-Full coverage
-Lasted ALL day even through sweating!
-Did not dry out my normal/dry skin, stayed balanced
-Easy tube packaging
-Was surprisingly yellow enough for me and im picky about that
-smooth, creamy, spreadable, blendable(fingers or brush)

-be sure to watch those pores, this can accentuate them. I really had to blend this in and use powder for the pores. Can look cakey so be careful about using too much, a little goes a long way. Otherwise, beautiful satin finish, everything covered yet not dry!

I recieved a sample and im very tempted to buy it! I love a full coverage foundation, plus moisture???? Im sold.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

This is seriously high coverage. I got a sample from Sephora and thought it wouldn't be so pigmented, BUT IT IS. Its much too high coverage for me, but I didn't want to waste the sample so now I use it as a concealer and it is wonderful. I might just go and get another sample from a different Sephora so I can keep using it as a concealer!! If you suffer from severe redness or acne, this foundation may be your saving grace.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by 0729035

Bought this after hearing all the reviews on YouTube. I love this foundation it applies really smooth (I find my fingers work best for this foundation) and covers the red pigmentation on my face. This is my third bottle and I would repurchase again. My shade is cream ivory in Mac I'm a nc25. Pros: pigmented, blends easily, hydrating. Cons: price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although this is a pricey foundation, it exceeds any drugstore brand I've ever tried. (and I've tried many!) The shade I was matched with was a tad too orange, but I'm hoping the line offers one more suitable. It only takes a tiny amount of product (tiny- as in- is there any on my brush??) and it covers beautifully without looking heavy or cakey. The finish is not radiant, but not quite matte either. It covers pores well, and has great lasting power. I highly recommend trying this product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this in a couple of different shades. Am on my 3rd tube but unfortunately I fell out of love with this foundation :(. The final tube I had doesn't stay on and oxidises and makes my skin look awful. Gives fab coverage and feels lovely on the skin but unfortunately with having combination skin it just slides off so gets a thumbs down now x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I decided to try out this little gem, and it is most definitely in my top 3 of favorite HG foundations of all times. I have tried it ALL - from drugstore to high end. Typically I stick to higher end foundations now that I make a little more coin and I honestly prefer the quality. I think you can obviously get drug store items like mascara, eye liner, lipstick, lip liner, eyeshadow etc that perform just as well as higher end make up. But I truly believe that foundation is the one area that you shouldn't cheap out on and it will make a huge difference. My top 3 favorite foundations in no particular order since I alternate them depending on my mood and the occasion - MAC Pro Longwear , Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It Foundation, and Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. I feel like the Silk Creme is sort of the best of both worlds of the MAC and Kat Von D foundation. It has amazing FULL coverage like the Kat Von D but is still natural looking (the pro long wear is most definitely a natural looking foundation).

I only need a small amount and after I use a primer I apply all over with my fingers, spread accordingly and then buff out with my Sigma F80. Not only does it cover all of my redness, blemishes, imperfections, hyper pigmentation but it looks like my skin! It is actually incredible. I have never been able to achieve such flawless looking skin in such a short amount of time. It literally takes me like 6 minutes to do my whole face with under eye concealer , foundation and setting powder (which normally is a 15 + minute ordeal for me because Im usually buffing, blending and trying to make it look natural). I very rarely need to use concealer on blemishes unless they are cystic or something when I use this foundation. The formula itself is thick yet still kind of watery/mousse like, and it's very easy to blend out. It literally melts into your skin and I wouldn't call it super matte but it's also not dewy....it just looks like your real skin! It is also very long wearing. When I wear this foundation I don't have to blot for about 4-7 hours unless it's really hot outside or I'm sweating at work from being around hot water and a hot espresso machine. It wears VERY nicely, doesn't fade or flake off, and is transfer resistant.

My only complaint is that the color selection is very limited. I was lucky enough to get an exact color iQ match from Sephora, but for all you ladies with pink undertones you're SOL. I am a NC30-35 in MAC and I use the color 'Sand Beige'. I do think that maybe this is breaking me out because it is so long wearing and I'm not properly removing it at night (I'm usually lazy and just use make up wipes, I don't actually use my Clarisonic or wash my face like I should) but that is just a theory at this point, as it's my time of the month and I always get horrible acne. This foundation is definitely pricey at $45.00 before tax. Ouch! Even for me, that's pricey but it's well worth it and you skip the need for concealer most of the time anyways. Also, always shake the foundation up well. I get much better coverage when I shake it before every use.

If this is within your budget and you want natural flawless looking skin, look no further! But the harsh reality is that thousands of women probably won't get a color match since there are only 10 colors to choose from.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No