April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Crème - Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by candyA23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation online after reading the positive reviews and doing extensive research on selecting a color. Because it's a good foundation for those with dry skin, I was even more convinced to try it because my skin is more dry rather than oily. I chose Cream Ivory since it was described to have a more yellow tone, which is what I was looking for to cover my acne scars, rosacea, and blemishes.

This color matches me almost dead-on (once I get outside more often since the weather's been warming up, I could see it matching it even better). I especially love the fact that a little goes a long way with this foundation. After applying my primer, I apply the foundation in dots on my face, then use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to smooth it out (it applies so smooth!). It's pretty thick, so I usually don't feel the need to use concealer, unless I have a really stubborn breakout. I set it with my Mac NSF in Light Plus, which I believe is a very good match with this foundation, and I have a smooth finish. I would describe the finish of the foundation as somewhat dewy & somewhat matte, but this could also depend on the powder you use to set it.

I haven't tested the lasting power of the foundation itself. But I can tell you that with primer, face powder, and some makeup setting spray, the foundation still looks terrific after at 6+ hours. Also, I really love this particular color because it's more yellow and looks more like skin. I am on the pale side, but I still feel that I have some yellow to my skin. It seems like there's a lack of yellow-toned foundation in the makeup industry, unless I'm looking in all the wrong places? Although I did see that Smashbox & Bobbi Brown are described as more yellow-toned.

It is rather pricey. But I feel this is a top quality foundation that is worth the money. I am someone who believes in splurging on foundation and saving on other makeup items, such as eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow gel, etc. My advice for others on buying this foundation: if you're like me and you don't live anywhere near a large city (nearest mall for me is 45 minutes, nearest mall that sells top-shelf makeup is an hour and 10 minutes away), try to determine your skin undertone, then Google beauty blogs for swatch pictures, videos, etc. I got pretty lucky that I chose a color that fits me well. If I get a chance, I'll upload pics.

I could see why this foundation may not work for some people since the color selection is kind of poor. I'm starting to run out, so there's a good chance that I'll be repurchasing this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by DL78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The search is finally over! This is my all time HG foundation. So pigmented and feels really luxurious on the skin. Makes me flawless and dewy. Works best with the Laura Mercier oil free primer. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by amirtataloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OH MY GOD. I'm super picky with my foundation. I was looking for something that doesn cake up, doesnt dry or melt, and doesnt have silicon in it. this is my holy grail foundation. I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it - I have rosacea and have read that Laura Mercier also has it and that's why she developed this formula. I have tried various Chanel, Dior and Lancôme foundations and they don't cover the redness on my cheeks. And this product doesn't irritate my skin at all. If the redness is particularly prominent on certain days, I just layer on another coat. The texture is nice - not too matte or shiney for the look I like.
I have fair-to-medium skin with slight pink undertones and the Rose Ivory works well. I only need to use very little to get good coverage on the rest of my face. And I use my fingers to blend - don't need a sponge or brush for even coverage. I use a little of her setting powder and this foundation lasts all day - have to take it off with makeup removing cloth.
Won't be using anything else in the foreseeable future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation, it gives a great coverage and a natural finish.
But, I have bought this twice. First time the saleswoman sold me a completely wrong color - which I first noticed when I got back from the holiday in Germany. It was 3-4 shades too dark for me. What a waist of money!
I then bought it in London on a holiday, where I got the salesman to find the right shade for my skin. It went a lot better, but I still think its too yellow for my skintone. I would like a more pinkish finish. It works okay with some setting powder and a bronzer.

But overall, it's a great foundation with a great finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by goldisnotenough

First of all, finding the right shade of this foundation was nearly impossible. LM really needs to work on creating more color options for buyers. After exchanging the product about 3 times I ended up with the shade Bamboo Beige. This is very much a matte, full coverage foundation. The coverage is truly amazing and will conceal any flaw you have, giving you that airbrushed look. Unfortunately this foundation oxidized terribly and started caking up after about an hour. If you have even slightly dry skin, this will not work for you. I find that this works fabulously when I mix it with my tinted moisturizer. I also preferred applying it with my hands as opposed to using the beauty blender. A little goes A LONG WAY.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the lightest shade, and it was just too orange for me.

I had purchased after watching a youtube "expert" saying how nice and full coverage it was. I am not sure how much she had to have been applying to her face, but when I used this, it was little to no coverage. I have clear skin, but a lot of redness in my cheeks. It did absolutely nothing to cover the redness.

I guess, I could have really piled it on to see if it gave better coverage, but at $45, it wouldn't last a month applying it that heavily. If you need a full coverage, there are much better products out there, especially if you have redness.

This is much more like a BB cream - light and sheer coverage.

Returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kateliles02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely one of my favorite foundations! I wouldn't recommend it if you have super oily skin! The coverage is amazing - just be sure to find your true shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hlrk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this as I wanted a SPF free foundation. Colour - Cashew Beige
PROS
- I have dry skin - feels and looks silky when applied and gives me a light luminous looking application of makeup (not cakey)
- Good coverage, medium-buildable (might need concealer for troubled areas for total cover)
- Lasts all day (I don't set it with powder, only light spray with moisturising setting spray)
CONS
- bit pricey however I am prepared as it works for my skin
- colour could be a tiny bit pink for myself (golden, yellow undertones), have to apply some bronzer to blend to the neck, don't think I could get away with not blending.

I will buy again, however might need to test a few colours to get the perfect shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Nkalsi

I have always been the one to use compact foundations. However in the winter, it began to make skin look dry. I went to sephora and the representative recommended this foundation. I am absolutely IN LOVEEEEEEE with it. You only need to apply a tiny amount. It provides excellent coverage. I have combination skin and it is very red. This foundation covered every red spot and the staying power is excellent. I wanted to go for the more dewy look. This made my skin glow without making it look oily or too shiny. It was simply radiant. I tend to produce a lot of oil in my t-zone. I did use the mac oil control moisturizer in that area. This combination worked perfectly. I would buy this product over and over again. I am so happy I have found my HG foundation!!