September 22, 2014 | 1919 users online

Crème - Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great skin tone match in Cream Ivory (I have light combination skin, for example NARS TM Finland is my perfect shade), easy application, great texture, good medium coverage, but this foundation looks good only a few hours after application. Then it starts to "separate", and becomes blotchy and visible, which does't look great at all. I tested it for a couple of days, and every single day was the same. Not for me, and not for my skin! Also, I don't think this is good for dry skin either, as it accentuates every dry patch, and every skin imperfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by candy87

I am always on the lookout for full coverage foundation so decided to splurge 78SGD on this.
love the packaging.. the SA matched me to cream ivory though I have pink undertones.. however it seems an accurate enough match. it is super creamy and blends well. however I find the end result isn't flawless enough for my taste. BUT it could be due to my base moisturiser (body shop shiso sunblock spf30) which could be too greasy. I will try again with another moisturiser and update. overall a great foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

I really like this foundation. It is full coverage with a flawless look and a little goes a long way. If you have a light skin tone you will find a foundation to match you almost exactly! The only problem I had with it is that it made my skin look shiny and cakey after awhile and I have never had that problem before. But other than that it's a good foundation for a flawless look!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by tiana89

I only signed up here to give this product a review.

My skin: Acne prone, sensitive, and combination. Some acne scars. Uneven skin tone. Yellow and neutral undertones making it impossible to find a foundation that warms my face without going orange or pink.

This foundation: it doesn't cover all my scars but when i wear it I'm told my "skin looks like it cleared up". It looks so healthy that it doesn't bother me that my face isn't completely covered with a thick layer of paint.
My face looks like just my face when i look at it and not "foundation covered".
Perfectly suits my skin tone.
Natural Glow without being "dewy"
Lasts all day long…a lllll day long. Without powder!

TIP: a little goes a long way with this foundation. I use a flat brush and really spread it over my face. If i use more then my face looks a little oily and foundation-y. Spread this thin over your face and embrace a natural flawless look.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a 44 year young foundation junkie looking for the best foundation to compliment and add polish to a naturally aging gal with your typical aging issues. I have light olive, normal to slight combination skin (Mac NC 20, Estee Lauder double wear intensity 2, double wear tawny or rattan) with slight horizontal forehead lines, few fine lines around eyes and most troubling of all age- related melasma on either side of cheeks and forehead).

I have never tried Laura Mercier products, but after speaking to a Laura Mercier loyal fan, decided to try her foundation. Got duped into buying tinted moisturiser, camouflage concealer and eye concealer in my first shopping trip. I have given a review for tinted moisturiser separately.

I got around to purchasing this foundation last week on the basis of LM advertising that it is a " full coverage" foundation offering "flawless skin".
Well NOT so flawless in my opinion. Here's why:
1) the shade exactly matching my skin tone (medium ivory) on application oxidized within an hour (and I do not have oily skin at all) to at least one shade darker with a distinctly orange hue (read the oompah loompah look). I do not think that at this price $59 (Aus) one should have to try and guesstimate foundation colours by how much it oxidizes. That's ridiculous.

2) after 1 hr wear, every line and crease (and I don't have many other than fine lines) is magnified. The foundation "slips" between the lines appearing to create a fault line and aging me by 10 years. This despite me trying to powder with the LM translucent powder I was duped into buying with it.

3) The foundation, despite applying it as directed by the LM sales lady (with sponge and dabbing motions) appeared cakey and seemed to exaggerate every pore (again I have very fine pores which are never an issue with foundation usually.

The only good thing I have to say about this foundation is that the feeling of the foundation upon application is as advertised (it does feel and glide like silk) and the packaging as a squeeze hand sized tube is hygienic, dispenses as little or as much foundation as you choose.
But overall a disappointing product. Will not be spending any more money on LM products. It is all hype without substance and wickedly expensive given the poor quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

This is one of my favorite high end foundations! I have combination skin and this leaves my skin looking flawless. It doesn't make oily parts of my face look greasy and it doesn't cling onto the dry areas of my face either. It also lasts for ages on my skin, even without a primer. The only thing I would change about this product is the packaging, considering how much you pay, it comes in a plastic tube, would prefer a pump bottle. (I wear the shade 'Sand Beige' in this foundation, 'Fawn' in the oil-free tinted moisturiser, 'Golden Beige' in the oil-free supreme foundation & 'Dune' in the smooth finish flawless fluide)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is medium coverage. It dries matte on my normal skin. It is average. High transferability. Rose ivory is about a nw20 that oxidises into a nw25.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

It's...okay. I'm light skinned and I'm having so much trouble with which shade to use! Anyway, after like an hour, it oxidizes to orange! I am using "cream ivory" the second lightest shade and I'm afraid the lightest one is just not worth driving over to exchange it AGAIN. But I love the consistency. I want to find this formula in my color. It would even be worth the price tag

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was recommended to me at Sephora because I was looking for really good coverage since I've been breaking out, but also something that was lightweight and wouldn't be "cakey" on my dry skin and that would give me a dewy or satin finish.

This definitely did all of that for me and I was sold after testing it out at the store. One layer of this foundation will give you medium coverage. And you can build it as you desire from there. It leaves you with a satin finish that looks really creamy.

The lasting power is pretty decent on this as well and it only separates on me around the corners of my nose and a little bit on my chin. Nothing that cannot be easily touched up.

The shade selection was awesome for us light skinned girls. I am usually the lightest shade of foundation I can pick up at a drugstore and sometimes even those are too dark, but this had at least 2 shades lighter than me. The only downside was that my options were between an obvious yellow undertone and an obvious pink undertone. Neither really matched me I am more on the neutral side of cool toned skin and the color I got is too pink for my taste, so I might try out a different color next time.

Overall this foundation was a little pricey for me. I try to stick under $40 at Sephora and this was $45. But the quality is really good and definitely outdoes anything I've tried thus far at the drugstore- and I have tried a ton. I was wearing Clinique's Redness Solutions, which was currently the best looking foundation I owned, before trying this on at the Sephora that day and this one made that one look "meh" !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by pointdexter8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have darker skin with freckles and so finding foundations that cover well but do not make me look likeBozo the clown are hard to come by. I love the foundation I can layer need to and where I want to. No cake face found here. I am a dancer (not a stripper a legitimate dancer) and this looks great on stage.