November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Crème - Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bees333

No no no. I could tell straight out that it wasn't going to work when first applied. I do have slightly dry skin. The foundation looked cakey and flakey and dry. It doesn't blend well. I can't really comment on its ability for high coverage. First layer and 2nd layer was light coverage though, I used fingers, and because of how terrible it looked on my skin, I didn't even bother going further to try to build the coverage. Everytime I would try to use this foundation, I always need up just swiping it off my face again and using another foundation.
Gosh it was just so yucki looking, very similar to how I feel about the Nars sheer glow and Shisedo UV protection foundation(in the blue tube, reformulated version), and I noticed that all 3 of those foundations has the sticker saying to 'shake well'. I hate them all, but I still have them, hoping for someday it will miraculously work on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC25 with dry skin and melasma, and purchased this is sand beige a month ago. The coverage is full without being cakey, but the finish is more off-matte than satin. It looks natural in certain lights and in photos, and hides most of my pigmentation without additional concealer but the occasional blemish still needs some concealing. I have successfully used this with silicone based or no primer and it has lasted at least 8 hours, sometimes longer, which is a huge perk as I live in a humid climate. It doesn't really need a setting powder either, but using a finely milled translucent like MUFE HD works fine. One thing that is bothersome is that it oxidises on me after about an hour, which doesn't really happen with mist if the other foundations I've tried. I will happily repurchase this if I can find a shade that matches after oxidisation, but given the limited shade range I'm trying not to get too attached.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupgaal

First to start off, I have combination and acne prone skin. Prior to buying this, I was using the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which sufficed before because I had less acne and acne scars. Now, that one is way too light, provides no coverage really so I've been on the hunt for a new everyday foundation.

Pros:
Super easy to apply
Super fast to apply (fingers are great)
Great coverage - barely any concealer needed

Literally your on-the-go foundation.

Cons:
Thick - sits on the skin and doesn't let the skin breathe
It broke me out like crazy

Needless to say, I regrettably had to return it because it broke me out like crazy. Other than that, I loved this foundation and the way it made my skin look. I just didn't like how my skin reacted to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is lovely! Stays for a long time, makes my skin look great, high coverage even over acne/pimples and applies very well. The only problem I have with it is that it feels quite heavy sometimes, if its humid outside, and is probably not the best for oily skin because it makes you look oily. No problems with breaking out from it or anything, just that it has a really dewy finish (probably from the 'creme' formulation).

Overall it is a good foundation, photographs quite well once you powder over it but is just a little on the pricy side. That being said, I've had mine for a year and a half and I still haven't run out yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by babbz13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would definitely consider myself a makeup junkie, I've tried Bobbi brown, tarte, mufe, estee lauder, Dior airflash, Giorgio armani, and much more. this product is by far my favorite. gives that beautiful dewy finish, with medium to full coverage. I tend to use a primer with all my foundations, but I have went without on this product and I lasts me just about all day! another one of my favs would be lancom teint idol. both these products are simply amazing! i just ran out of my second bottle, decided to try the Dior star and the bare essentials but nothing compares to my laura mercier! the new full coverage concealer laura just came out with is also wonderful! their whole line is on point and the best I've ever had.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this foundation out because of the hype around it, when I went to get matched I stupidly went with fake tan on and I hardly ever wear tan (my own fault). So the colour I have in beige ivory doesn't match my natural pale skin but I love the finish it gives. Its a semi matte finish which makes you look luminous, I'd say with a high coverage. whenever I wear this I always get compliments on how flwaless my skin is (I have acne scars and the occasional spot or 2). You only need a little bit on this foundation to cover everything! It's my go to night out foundation because I always have tan on for nights out. It stays put all night and doesnt slide off my face either and I have oily skin. The packaging is sleek and easy to fit in to your makeup bag, also very hygienic nozzle to squeeze out product. I would buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

First of all, don't let anyone tell you that this foundation is satin or dewy finish. It is straight up MATTE. And not matte in a flattering way. It makes my complexion look flatter than a flither. I have combo skin but this foundation makes dry patches and fine lines look flaky and awful. The coverage is good but it applies like paint primer so you have to work very quickly because it dries before you can blend it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I certainly like how it feels on my skin (it's very light, regardless of being a thicker formula), the coverage is medium-to-full, and it has a not-quite-matte finish. The shades are very light, and seem to have pink undertones, so I don't know if darker complexions will find a match.

My problem with it has to do with application and lasting power. For a fuller coverage foundation, the lasting power is not very good. It also accentuates every dry patch on my face as well (I'm oily-combo, prone to dehydration). I also find it surprising that for a thick foundation, it does not apply well with a brush. I use RT EFB for almost all of my foundations and that brush just does not blend this product at all. It works better with a damp sponge but even then I find that it applies streaky. Fingers are your best bet with this product, and I hate applying foundations with my hands.

For $45, this just isn't a special enough product. It doesn't wow me. I'll finish the tube but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very pale, very dry skin and I was looking for a foundation that would cover my redness and minimize my freckles while matching my pale skin tone (not an easy shade to find). I heard this foundation was great for dry skin, had full coverage and it came in a shade that matched my skin tone (soft ivory).

Even after prepping my skin with moisturizer, primer and fix+ this foundation clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had and made my whole face look flaky. It didn't cover nearly as much as my usual Mac Studio Fix Fluid does (and I tried using a damp beauty blender and a flat top kabuki brush), and it has a strong medicinal scent that was even worse than Mac's foundations- which I don't mind.

The only redeeming qualities of this foundation were that it had a shade light enough for me, and I love the tube packaging. I am returning this one as soon as I can and going back to my Studio Fix Fluid which I won't deviate from for a while now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by MarianneC1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good foundation , this is a night out foundation for me . It's does have a flawless finish to it but It's also heavy looking. Good just Not my fav for everyday