Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, PEG-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Glyceryl, Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silk Powder (Serica), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 6/24/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I finally bought this foundation, after being confused between Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid Foundation (SFFFF). I have a oily/acne prone skin, which according to a lot review the best for my skin was the SFFFF. However when I came to LM counter, the SA said with SFFF it will give me a matte finish which will show lines and cakey look. while with silk creme foundation it will give a dewey, shiny andore natural look. She tested both on my face half half and also gave me sample of both to try at home for decission. After trying both for some time.. i chose Silk Creme Foundation. i am asian, the shade that suits me is bamboo beige. and for the SFFFF is vanille. so far.. with silk creme foundation i dont have problem, no break out, not oily, and it lasts long.. around 12 hours everyday.. my face still look nice and covered up well.

on 6/11/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The new formula is awful. I looked like a cadaver being prepped for an open casket viewing. My skin looked fake and flat and heavy. And I have good skin. If it weren't so expensive I would save it and use it to recreate the cadaver look for Halloween and dress up as a dead old lady. I will be returning asap. If you want to appear as if you walk among the living, try a different foundation.

P.S I did use the old version and that was great. Am currently using NARS Sheer Glow and love it.

on 6/10/2015 1:39:00 PM

Very good product.
I had the old version few years back, which is a very hydrating and beautiful product. I have the shade Cream Ivory which is a perfect match for me. I decided to buy the new version last month. I have loved it so much and it is the oil free one. It makes my skin looks beautiful, even out my skin tone, not too heavy (reasonable) and have a very decent coverage which is medium to full. You don't need a lot of the product that means a pea size will be enough. The new formula is better than the old one I think as it does not look as cakey as it was before (even it was not really cakey for the old version) but this is really very natural looking. And I like to mix it with a highlighter and the combination makes my skin looks very glowy and healthy and really really nice.
really love this product!

on 5/28/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have the new formula of this foundation and it worked well for my dry skin. The coverage was amazing and I loved the luminosity it gave. However, the colour was an awful match for my pale skin. I was matched with the colour ivory which was way too yellow (even rose ivory and cream ivory did not match). I had to put the foundation all the way down to my décolletage just so it wouldn't look so out of place. I love Laura Mercier's foundations but her colour range is so poor and it really is such a shame. I would buy this again if any of the colour matched, but unfortunately they don't.

on 5/15/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got Peach Ivory shade. It was applied with a brush by the sales lady, then she used Laura Mercier powder foundation which feels luxuriously soft. Not sure if she used primer. Overall, it looked great. I looked fresh though before it was applied I looked so haggard. It was full coverage but not to the point of really erasing my small birthmark on my cheek. It still needs concealer. After an hour or two, my nose is oily already, it's a dissatisfaction. Also, my pores are visible on my cheeks. When I got home from the mall, I noticed that the dry/normal areas look amazing with this foundation... it was just really the nose part and pores that I didnt like. But still, it's the best compared to the other foundations Ive tried. It lasted for 8-9 hours (except the nose area).
Second time I wore it was even better. I put Laura Mercier primer first. Then, I applied this foundation using my fingertips. It's like a gel, not liquidy, not sticky. After applying this foundation, I used The Body Shop concealer pencil to cover my birthmark and other blemishes., followed by The Body Shop All in One powder. It looked perfect, like I dont really have a birthmark. Pores and scars were minimized too. I think I got the right combination of products for my skin. :)

I got the Moisturizing version of this foundation in Ivory and love it. It gives me just the right amount of coverage and doesn't dry to matte on my skin which I find 99% of foundations do. I want glowy and dewy dammit! I mix this with BECCA skin perfector in moonstone to make it luminous but it's nice on it's own. The packaging is a sleek black tube that lets you squeeze out just the right amount. I apply it with my damp beauty blender for the best results. I really hope it doesn't make me break out, I see that has happened to a few people. If it doesn't it's my new gold standard.

on 4/24/2015 11:44:00 AM

laura mercier silkcreme moisturizing photo edition foundation i am obssesed with it!!!!Perfect for dry skin that shows some fine lines. I thought that i was done with my search for holy grail. not so i was looking good in mac studio sculpt and studio fix in nw25.Girls it has officially been replaced. Laura mercier is full coverage with skin benefits stays on all day flawless. shiseido has a perfect smoothing powder that is so finely milled the you look airbrushed and beautiful. Its also comperable to mac studio fix as far as conerage so a little goes a long way . UPDATE i went back to mac studio sculpt foundation and studio fix powder cause it makes me beautiful.i often get told im gorgeous

on 4/24/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got the Photo Edition and the color match (cream ivory) was perfect for my fair skin. The makeup is truly full coverage and covers all my redness but you will still need concealer for pimples.
My issue with this makeup is that after my regular work day, it separated and got gross on my oily skin and looked a mess. I won't repurchase but its a good one if you need full coverage and can get it to last all day.

on 4/23/2015 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is amazing! Firstly, it comes with a less oily version, which is perfect for my acne prone skin. It also provides full coverage and leaves my skin with a nice natural glow. Speaking of which, I LOVE how natural this product looks on my face. I also have been having trouble finding the right shade for my mostly neutral olive skin tone. Everything is too pink or too yellow, and this product has my colour (cream ivory). The only complaint I have is that it is super expensive for the amount in it! I go through foundation really fast, and 60 bucks is pricey, but definitely worth it for me, that's why I keep coming back (;

on 4/6/2015 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have owned the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation for 8 months now and I've kind of given up on it at this point. I've seen so many people rave about how amazing this foundation is but it just isn't resonating with me. The shade I have is Soft Ivory which is the lightest shade in the line and has a neutral-warm undertone which is absolutely amazing since most brands seem to think that very fair skin = automatic cool undertone which is not true. The foundation is $57 which is pretty steep but it comes with almost 20% more product than most other high end foundations which are usually around the $50 dollar mark for 1 fl ounce. The foundation is quite thick and has a texture comparable to the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr foundation as well as the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation which coincidentally, didn't work for me either. I usually apply this foundation with either a buffing brush or my fingers. I would use a damp beauty blender but I think the foundation is too thick to evenly disperse it across your face with one. For reference, I have dehydrated oily skin which means that my skin products excess oil but also has dry patches and many of them and I think the dry patches are what are stopping me from loving this product. This foundation never applies evenly and looks patchy instantly, wearing off in massive chunks over the course of about 3-4 hours regardless of how I seem to prep my skin. I'm not sure if this is because of my dry patches or my application method but if you know of an application method different from what I'm using that works for you, please share with me because I want to love this product!! I don't find the foundation makes me look oily or dry, somewhere right in the middle which is definitely to my taste. I really wish I could recommend this foundation because I so desperately want to be a member of the Silk Creme bandwagon but it just doesn't seem to be working and therefore, I do not recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom