August 1, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lip Liners - Smashbox - Sheer Lip Pencil in Smashing Muse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is another staple in my lip liner stack. I love the color because it's nude but then it's not. It's more like your natural lip color but with some "spicyness" added to it, hard to explain. Definitely an everyday-color, as I am wearing lipliner alone, without lipstick (as a lipstick replacement so to speak) and I can imagine it goes perfect with almost every skin color, too. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd give this liner a ten if I could. Finally, after having tried dozens of lipliners over dozens of years, I've found my grail. And it's discontinued. (I got my first one at a discount from Smashbox, and have just bought two more on eBay.) I really prefer sheer liners as I age, because they define the lipline without looking harsh and eliminate the "ring-around-the-lips" look. This liner is exactly the natural color of my lips. Finally. Finally. It goes on easily, wears well (for a sheer), looks perfectly natural, has perfect pigmentation (not too much like Clinique sheers, but not too little, either), and goes with every lipstick I own. It also sharpens easily if put into the freezer for a few minutes before sharpening. Muse, how I love thee, even though thou art discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I've been searching high and low in order to find a replacement for Clinque's Sheer Shaper for Lips in Bare Buff, which has been discontinued. No need to search any longer, Smashbox's Sheer Lip Pencil in Smashing Muse is an exact match. It's a warm, nude color with subtle pigment and soft, smooth texture. Perfect under a shiny gloss for definition without harsh lines. I'll be stocking up on these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have always been a lipliner fan. I have tons of different ones. When they came out with the new sheer liners(smashbox sheer)/ glaze liners(stila)/ cream shapers(clinique), i got even more excited. The newer formulas today are super soft. They make all other lipliners look dry in comparison. Smashbox sheers are fantastic. Super soft and silky with no tugging. Muse is a nude peach shade. Almost identical to MAC spice but the MAC may be a little darker. Retails for $14. Great formula.