September 16, 2014 | 2162 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Vernis Nutri Sculpt

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What the?! Ok so I bought this about a year ago and tried using it and it did nothing for my hair so I gave it to a friend. I went to her house to blow out her hair and she took out a bunch of styling products, this being one of them. It looked as though it had not been touched-- barely any missing from both she and i trying this. I decided to take it back from her (i know, indian giver) and give it another go b/c she said she was not using it either. I used it on dry hair and I think it actually took away the shine! Really? I was having a good hair day too! Anyway, I gave it a two b/c it does give a little hold and plumps up my hair a little. I think I would only use this as a hairspray, not as any sort of styling product, more of a finishing product. There are much better products out there though. First ingredient is denatured alchohol. no thanks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yay! Another high end product that went to my garbage bin. Why? Cause Vernis Nutri Sculpt = expensive trash. Does it moisturise? No. Does it protect hair from frizzing? No. Does it make hair shine? Yeah, if shine means greasy and filthy-looking hair after only two sprays. Plus it makes hair smell like plastic.
I'm just happy cause a week after buying this, i found my HG styling product which is Chi Silk Infusion and i've been using it almost two years now. Forget Nutri Sculpt and head straight for this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend bought this, hated it, and gave me it to me.

She has naturally curly dark Italian locks; I have fine blond tresses.

I love it, though it's promise of shine is a bit over stated, it's a great *non-aerosol* fixative spray. Stiff at first, it softens with a bit of time, and provides a lot of movement and shine without stiffness.

This is not a glossing mist, however. It's primarily a "hair spray," but unlike many fixatives, it doesn't leave your hair flat or dull .... but it doesn't add the amount of shine that a true glossing mist does. I use it on DRY hair, spraying lightly all over like "shaping hairspray," if that makes any sense.

Pros:

--Non-aerosol.

--Can be brushed through easily without ruining finish.

--Wears beautifully.

Cons:

--Little does not go a long way. It'll last me less than a month.

Probably will not purchase on my own. Not a billionaire, and though I don't begrudge spending beacoup de buckaroos on products, 33.00 or so once a month for a hairspray not a priority, given my many beauty obsessions.

ETA: The price on the bottom of the bottle given to me says "33.00." I see some of the ads to the side ----->

have bargain prices, so if I can find a deal under 21.00 dollars or so, I would repurchase.

ETA2: So I bought this product for 26.00 USD from eBay, so yes, I guess I do like it more than I expected; will probably get another when this one is finished.

Though I'm no tight wad when it comes to beauty, the price tag is still ridiculous, and it gets one lippie off .... even off the eBay price. (discounters don't include s/h)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like Kerastase products and I have been using them for over 10 years. However, this product was really disappointing: it does not leave my hair shiny and soft at all. I had to use a lot and the product built up without giving any noticeable result. It is overpriced and smells unpleasant. I would not re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am simply echoing other negative comments about this product- in fact airbus380 has already expressed my exact response to this product. Its overpriced, ineffectual, chemical crap. My hair looked like a huge haystack with a life of its own and there was a scorching smell after wafting a hairdryer over it. I fear I have damaged my hair with this. I am always receiving positive comments about my hair. I have nice hair it seems. Not with this I don't. Even my other half said I looked like the singer from Spinal Tap and he is meant to love me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by cakemix

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thick wavy curly coarse and frizzy hair that I wear smooth and straight. I have used and have almost every product to help me achieve this.

Vernis Nutri Sculpt is one of these products and I love it!
I never put this on wet hair. I always let my hair air dry about 80% before I start applying products and blow drying. I apply the Vernis Nutri Sculpt to sections of my hair one at a time to be dried as opposed to spraying it all over my hair. I also spray it in my hands first then slide them down each hair section.

I blow dry with a round brush and hot dryer and I have my hair straight and smooth. No need for an iron although I do have one and use it occasionally.

I love this product and will repurchase.
It's expensive but it lasts as I wash my hair 1-2x a week tops.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by airbus380

This does nothing particular for medium-thick straight hair. It does't make your hair shine as it says. It might have protected against blow drying but to really protect all my hair, I would have to use a lot. My hair is dry at the end so it does not help look moisturised either. So for such an expensive product from a reputable brand, it is not worth. It might work only for 'fine' hair. Will not purchase again and definitely not recommended for thick/medium-thick hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Guru4u

A fantastic product to give shine and use before using a straight iron. Smells great too. Very pricey though. The Kerastase line in general is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well it is ok, cause it does not leave hair oily what other products like that do. It gives hair shine but is better for really dry hair, if you have normal hair it can make hair oily after using it every day. I don't like the smell of it - it could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by treazurekitten

OK, I got this product super cheap b/c the packing was slightly damaged. I had no expectations and didn't buy it for any reason other than I've never tried Kerastase and it was too cheap to pass up. But it is AWESOME. I use it as an antifrizz and curl defining scrunching spray on DRY hair. Sometimes I hit my hair with the blowdrier on certain areas after applying. I have wavy hair that is curlier in some areas and lanker in others. It can be coaxed quite straight or quite curly, all depending on products and how I style. But getting it really curly and bouncy is the hardest, as it can turn into a frizzy sticky mess. This product is pure styling magic for achieving my curly look. It brings out cute bouncy curls, minimizes frizz & does not weigh the hair down or leave it sticky. I will say using it on wet hair seems to waste alot of the product, I think the hair sucks it up when wet. Plus, it did not work as well on wet hair. So today, the day before Christmas, I am going out to hunt more of this stuff down, so my hair can look great for all the family photo ops. I will even pay full price, which I seldom do. BTW: I use the Pureology Hydration conditioner formula or Redken Clear Moisture Water Rush after any shampoo, then I finger fluff and air dry before applying this product for the full-on curlifying effect.