September 19, 2014 | 1827 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip - Toasted

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last summer and it was definitely was one of my 'go to' everyday worn products of summer...I thought the colour would be too dark, but it went on my medium skin beautifully...the facial whip offers a nice glow without too much colour...it's best used as a highlighter on the cheekbones...However I also used it as an all over eyeshadow and in the corner of my eyes. It worked great because it really brightened my eyes...it's a little too glowy for what I'm comfortable with during winter, but come spring, I'm cracking it out again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sschow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little bit goes a long way! And, when used correctly its works well!

When I first bought this product, I squeezed it on my hand and used my fingers just to tap it onto my cheeks. It transferred too much product and it was just so sticky, I just didn't know how to use it!

After from some experimentation, if used with a damp beauty blender or makeup sponge after liquid foundation when the skin is still moist, it transfers just the right amount of product and it comes off so nice! Leaves your skin a soft glowy natural look! love it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by xoxoEquinebond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this today and tried it straight away - an oily, clear liquid comes out before the product comes out, and then the product is all watery and hard for me to use. It is very messy because of this. I had heard of the liquid that comes out but not this bad! It happens EVERY time I use the product. The colour is pretty but way too shimmery for me. There is also a hole in mine where the water pours out and it's just messy messy messy!!! I had high hopes for this as I have seen good reviews on it, but it wasn't as good as I hoped. I wouldn't buy this again unless the formula was improved. (Also, the packaging could be a little better... especially considering there was a hole in mine.)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dwalls

Oh gosh... I got this as a free gift and even so, I still HATE this product. It's super oily, super shiny and cannot be used for anything. It's too oily to be used on your face and too metallic to be used as a lip color. Don't do it, woman! Don't buy this crap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this as a free gift with my last ELF order..It's definitely not the right shade to use as a highlight, so I tried it as an eyeshadow & it creased horribly after only ten minutes. The color itsself is really pretty though & it has just the right amount of shimmer. The tube is super tiny, even for $1. Half the time, clear oily liquid comes out & you have to keep squeezing 'til the color FINALLY comes out. I think ELF definitely needs to improve their formula on this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Lihrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free gift with my last E.L.F. haul. The first thing I noticed was that the packaging is TINY. Also, the smell is a bit weird.

Now, for reference, I'm around NW35-40. Toasted is only slightly darker than my skin color, but the shimmer makes it seem brighter. I used it as a highlighter on my cheeks and put some loose powder over it to tone down the shimmer and it looked so pretty! It made my cheekbones stand out and look modelesque in a very natural, wearable way. I have trouble finding ways to make my cheeks look like they have dimension becuase I wear glasses and the frames usually hide my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is my second SFW. I think I have a love/hate relationship with these things.
I wear foundation, so using this over that as a highlighter is out of the question. I did try using this as a quickie eyeshadow shade. It does a good job with that as long as you make sure to start with clean, oil-free eyelids and apply primer first. The color is a brownish plum, so I couldn't really use this on my face if I wanted to. I also noticed that this product gets watery, unlike the other SFW I have. I have to shake this one vigorously first in order to mix the stuff back together.
Over all, this is pretty decent, as long as the product stays mixed together.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of Revlon Skinlights. It works well to dot this on browbone beside a dot of foundation and buff them in together for a luminous, non glittery glow. For warmer skintones only, on the darker side of the spectrum. It is a big stretch for my NC20/25 skin and the lightest touch only to keep it believable.

This may require some kneading of the tube with the lid on to keep it well mixed. Tiny, easily dropped tube. Awesome price ($1) and decent replacement for skin lights in the darker shades.

HOWEVER, ELF is slow to deliver and offers crap-tastic customer service. If this is a touchy issue for you, beware. The demand of their product diminishes any concern they may ever have had for their customers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by DazzleLight25

NOT good. i bought this product because it was reccomended by a blog i saw, and i thought what the heck, its only a dollar. they reccomended using it as an eyelid primer. WELL, it only makes my eyes look greasy and does not make the product stick or show brighter. i would not buythis again

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just utter crap! everytime i squeez the tub this weird shimmery water stuff comes out then when i actually do get the highlighter to come out its crap and really hard to blend will NOT buy again