July 31, 2014 | 1812 users online

Deodorants - Degree - Ultra Clear Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this works ok as an antiperspirant, I cannot believe they can claim "no white marks"! Absolutely untrue!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This deodorant claims to leave no residue or white marks, and from what I've found, this is completely true. Not once have I seen a white mark; I'm always left clear. I have this deodorant in "pure clean", which is a really refreshing scent. My only complaint is that the scent becomes less strong throughout the day and if you're really sweaty or just exuding body odor, it can mix with your nasty smell rather than get rid of it. It's probably not ideal for women who have severe problems with body odor or are doing anything that will produce excessive amounts of sweat. This is a standard solid deodorant, but it's really soft and easy to apply. I've had only positive experiences with this, so I'm really up for buying again or trying other Degree deodorants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good deodorant. i like the scent "red satin". i switched from mitchum to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

This has been my go-to deodorant for about eight months now, and I don't have any plans to change. I used to switch it up after using one kind for two sticks or so, but I think that I've found my HG. It works well, goes on easily, and smells DELISH (I have it in Pure Rain).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This deodorant literally broke me out in itchy bumps. I used it and no less than an hour later I was itching like a crazy girl. Also, it just smells funny to me. Maybe it is my body chemistry, but it just doesn't mix well. I would not recommend this to sensitive skin people, even though I don't necessary have extremely sensitive skin, it will be too harsh. I don't recommend trying this. Mitchum, Dove, and even Secret have better quality deodorants, imo. Try this if you are desperate and have tried everything else, because everyone is different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this deodorant and wore it for years. Unfortunately my body must have become accustomed to it or something, as it stopped working for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't work all the time. A deodorant should make you 100% sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -

What it Claims:
"Worry about white marks making you sweat? Others go on clear, but Degree Ultra Clear stays clearer. The Little Black Dress Approved formula alleviates white marks on skin and clothes, while giving you long lasting wetness and odour protection so you look and feel fabulous - without the worry."

Claims - True or False?
1) Alleviates white marks on clothes and skin: True.
2) Long lasting wetness and odour protection: False.

Packaging:
This antiperspirant comes in the conventional packaging of other antiperspirants. The plastic is a pale blue with a matching cap. I'm not a big fan of the cap, as it tends to scrape off some of the product as it is being replaced. To bring up the product, there is a large turn-dial on the bottom. I personally prefer this over other brands that have small circular dials, as it's easier to control and doesn't require as much turning. Aesthetically, it's kind of ugly, but it's not a big deal.

Smell:
There are a few different smells. I purchased mine in Pure Satin (which is not listed on the website - this may be a scent found only in Canada) and it has an almost powdery scent, and very mild. It's nothing you can easily smell from 10 feet away.

Consistency:
Somewhat powdery yet mushy. When applied to the underarms, even with just two strokes, it takes a while for the product to dry on the skin. I find that it also feels, oddly enough, a tad greasy. It does not look noticeable on the skin, nor does it feel heavy and uncomfortable, so I don't mind the consistency overall.

Ease of Use:
No problems here. Just swipe and let it dry. I guess the drying part is where there are some minor issues, in that it takes too long to dry. When rubbed in, it doesn't take as long, but still far longer than I like.

Bang for your Buck:
These antiperspirant deodorants are 2.6oz, or 74g, and cost around $4.00. Relatively cheap, and I'm sure it lasts a long time (I can't remember when I bought it to be honest...). So, I don't really think it's a pricey product to try out.

Final Consensus:
As far as antiperspirant/deodorants go, this product was very average for me. Wasn't horrible, but didn't yield the results that I wanted, and did cause some unwanted results. Because the brand is quite cheap, I do recommend it to other women, as it may work for your body chemistry. Had it worked for my body chemistry, I may have repurchased.
- Pros: Cheap, pretty easy to find, doesn't seem to stain or transfer onto clothing, has a decent scent, doesn't dry out the skin, doesn't leave a white chalky residue on the skin, easy to use.
- Cons: Scent becomes somewhat unpleasant throughout the day, does not protect against wetness as much as I need, feels odd when applying to the skin, the texture/consistency feels a tad greasy, may possibly lead to yellow staining.

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 2/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear a lot of dark clothing and this is the only deodorant that has never left white marks on my clothes. I've purchased all of the scents and the only one I don't repurchase is the baby powder scented one. I workout 3-5 times a week and it keeps the sweat and smell at bay. This deodorant works for me and I have no reason to try anything else.

OHHH, one negative thing I can say is, if you wear dark clothing and use this deodorant you want to make sure you wash your clothing well after you use it because this deodorant can crystalize and end up staining your clothes. I went through my closet one day and found 2 blouses that I ended up donating because the deodorant crystalized and stained my blouses. So just make sure you wash your clothing well. I think this happens to most deodorants though.

4-6-13 UPDATE - I don't use this deodorant anymore. I went home to Hawaii a few months ago and I was staying at my grandparents house were a cousin of mine also lives and she had a bulk supply of Dove go fresh deodorants from couponing. I forgot my Degree deodorant at home and she told me to pick up whatever I wanted. I don't remember what scent I got, I think it was the fresh scent. Anyway, it worked great. I thought it was going to stain my clothes, but as long as I was careful, especially if I wore black it was totally fine. I come home and I leave some hand washing clothes to the side and don't wash them for almost 2 weeks and you know what, no crystalizing!!! My clothes were perfect. This is my new HG deo!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this deodorant in "Pure Rain", which, to me, smells like roses or some other strong-scented flower. I think the point of this deodorant is to have a solid formula, but to appear clear. And it does just that. I don't notice the color transferring onto my shirt ever, but I do have another problem with it. I find that this product isn't the best at reducing underarm wetness, even though it is supposed to be an anti-perspirant and deodorant at the same time. I don't think that issue is big enough to make me not like this deodorant, though. Another characteristic that could be improved with this is that it doesn't have many moisturizing qualities to it.If my armpits are dry, I find that this stuff doesn't help, but it doesn't make it worse. It lasts all day, even in the sun. It also hides the scent of sweat perfectly. I have never smelt my sweat while wearing this. The aroma of this is actually so fragrant and floral that it could be mistaken as a perfume. This is my first deodorant from Degree, but it will not be my last!