April 17, 2014 | 1686 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only powder that doesn't make my face break out, doesn't sparkle, and has a nice finish. It was discontinued and had a hard time finding a replacement, but I did find one!

First I tried Revlon aqua that felt wet, another Revlon colorstay that had a ton of sparkle, I've tried Makeup forever high definition powder that made me whiter than ever. It's really white. Mac and Clinique make my face breakout. Shisheido sometimes makes my face break out around the chin.

Finally I called Loreal and they told me about Hydra Perfecte loose powder which is available at Walmart, since we don't have Walmart here in San Francisco I ordered online. I'm very happy, ingredients are almost the same. No breakouts, looks great, works great. I suspect that the higher end powders might be more finely milled, so maybe that's why they make my face break out? I really don't know, have no idea, just my guess. I know Clinique is supposed to not make your face break out, but it just doesn't work for me. I use translucent, no color, or the palest one, for my skin tone.

I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue Hydra Perfecte now!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by GraceMcC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
    In fact I even prefer it over Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinsh setting powder. I don't know what's on the ingredient list but whatever it is, it works like a charm! I'm oily and especially during these sporadic waves of humidity I can become very oily but this powder keeps my oilies at bay for at least 5-6 hours before I have to touch up again. It's great for setting under eye concealer without the area looking cakey. 100% recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by JessicaPum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like this powder just because it literally makes you sparkle, I thought it was going to give me at least a dewy look because of the "luminous" advertising they give with this product but instead it made me glitter. But it does do a good job mattefying because I have a oily T-zone but you do have to use alot of product to get some coverage which I didn't like because it looked way cakey before I got to some decent coverage. But it smells nice and has a light/not there feeling. But comes off easily and you can see the sparkles on your hand, so I'm probably going to return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would describe a loose powder as amazing but this one is just that. The reviews here and elsewhere really do this product justice. In sum, it gives a soft, polished finish and controls oil surprisingly well, all without any hint of greasiness. I have combination oily/normal skin and didn't have to touch up all day! I can't even say that about my beloved Ben Nye powders which usually require one touch-up. A definite repurchase.

For reference: NC50 =Deep (strongly compliments yellow/gold undertones) Medium can be used on eye area with great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I LOVE this powder! I used it a few years ago and forgot how wonderful it made my skin look! It is a bit pricey for a drug store powder, but please know this is an absolute good powder (and I have oily skin)!

It's soft, smooth, and has a silky feel after putting it on. It does not break me out whatsoever. It has a very very light "luminous" sheen (but NO glitter and doesn't make you "shiney"). Its just simply nice, and has a nice color as I use light since I use facial bronzer but the color light or translucent both work great!

This is my HG powder!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite powder to date. Great color, sets my makeup without doing that weird coagulating mixture with my foundation or oily skin, doesnt settle into my lines to make my look old and dry, ...what more could I ask for! Pretty solid go to powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying this powder for id say going on 6 years. I always have it. its just a all around awesome setting powder or I apply it during the day after I blot my oil and don't want to add more foundation. I just love it. never has broken me out and has a pleasant smell to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in light translucent. Overall, I didn't see anything special about it. My light beige shade actually makes my pores larger, and makes my face look oilier. My face looked like another layer of beige being piled over my foundation. I'd rather have a powder that doesn't have this kind of layering effect. Based on the excellent reviews I've read, I think this product is made for women with normal skin or older women who want a slight radiance. For people with oily skin, there are more flattering powders out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am loving this. I haven't tried a lot of powders but the ones I used before didn't thrill me (ELF HD left me chalky & Maybellline Dream Matte was fine but I didn't really want to be matte).
    I got this because I couldn't afford ballz but still wanted a glowy setting powder. This is really nice. I don't notice it adding much of a glow but it also doesn't take any away. I'm using this in combination with Magic Lumi primer & together they are making me LOVE the look of my skin

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No