October 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Hair Treatments - John Frieda - Luminous Color Glaze

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by MrsHnzn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product, for me that is. This is not for women with thick and coarse, latina hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by melbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It smells great and leaves hair feeling soft and glossy.
I have tried the weekly treatment and just using it every couple of days for a few minutes but I feel like the weekly treatment is more beneficial.
It isn't the easiest product to spread though which is why I have taken away a star. But while it's in my hair it feels so smooth and looks really incredibly shiny. When rinsed out and left to air dry hair still remains smooth and shiny.
This is a silicon based product and while I am not against silicons, I do feel like they can be misleading, so this product probably isn't improving the quality of your hair long-term.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was just ok, I found that it took me a lot of product to really saturate my hair. This made my hair really dry, & I found that I had to use a really moisturizing conditioner afterwords. A friend gave me a couple of bottles of this to try out, so after I use the next bottle I most likely I won't be repurchasing this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by QuickChick

I use this product to cover up my white/gray hairs in between dying. I leave it on for about 5-7 minutes and I think it works great! It makes my white hairs look light brown and they blend in more with the rest of my medium brown hair. It doesn't dry out my hair or leave any greasy residue. It does leave a fairly strong smell in your hair, but I like the smell (I think it's a little like coconut). I would recommend it to others who also want to cover up a few gray hairs :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by etherpowered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best hair products I have ever used. Turned my frizz into luscious, super shiny beach waves. I even gave a bottle to a friend with wavy hair and she loved it, too.
Smells like chemicals and leaves the hair very dry. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week. Even shines up color treated hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Oso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really saw a difference in my hair while using this product, all it really did was stain the grout in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by GlennaGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No. Oh no, no, no, no, no. Non, nyet, nein, negatory. This is not the product for me.

Washed w/poo, put on the JF Glaze, waited 5 minutes, rinsed, used conditioner just on the ends, let it dry. Or wait. *Is* it dry? Because I mean it just looks so wet.

And limp and gross...Honestly, the last time I had my hands near something this greasy, I was preparing to drop coated chicken pieces into it.

Bear in mind that I have very fine hair. But seriously. Not being into the 1920s mobster look, I would not buy again. And yes, my lovelies. I rinsed very very well. :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this a few times in high school. For prom one year, I got an actual glaze/gloss done at a salon, and my hair had never looked so shiny, vibrant and beautiful before! So, I've been chasing that shine ever since, trying every product I can find that has gloss or glaze on it...out of all of them, this is one of the worst. It has a thick, hard to grasp jelly-like consistency, the bottle is unmanageable in the shower, and the results are nil. Don't waste your money on this, just buy Clairol's Radiance Colorgloss from Sally's. Much better product for around the same price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

While I don't find this product to be utterly horrible like some other reviewers, I didn't really notice anything different, certainly not a "luminous glaze" on my hair after using this. I love the Go Lighter Blond JF products and can tell a difference in my hair from using them, but will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the clear glaze, and it didn't make my hair any shinier than before. Actually, it didn't do a single thing to my hair other than make it smell nice (the smell is the nicest aspect of this). I didn't notice any extra shine, or softness, anything. Granted, it didn't have any negative effects either (drying, etc).Will not be repurchasing.