August 27, 2014 | 1769 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - ColorStay Always On Sealant

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You do have to use the color that it comes with if you want 10 day wear. If you use something else, this is just another 2-3 day top coat. They're sold in a set for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by 7954

this is fantasticccc! it gives your nails a super smooth finished surface. also, without this topcoat, a rimmel polish of mine chipped after 1 day. WITH this topcoat, the same polish lasted a week! that's all the proof I need :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a nice topcoat.

I only wish it came in a larger bottle.

I use this under my Seche Vite and it helps to reduce shrinkage.

I also love that this is sold at DT....

I have stocked up, I hope to never run out of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by JenE143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found my HG topcoat! After rave reviews on the nailboard, I picked up a pack of this at Big Lots for $2. Likely I will not use the actual color that came with it; I used the clear topcoat with another quickdry topcoat (Poshe) and it has worn like iron for me for four days so far (will edit later with how long it actually stays). I have not had a single chip and almost zero tipwear (I do use the computer a lot, so there will always be just a little). I am completely thrilled with this product. I just wish they sold it alone and in a larger bottle. I am sure this bottle will be empty fast!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried the other more expensive brands and always come back to this. Simply put...it works! I can easily get 5 days wear with this and sometimes longer when I add a second coat in the middle of the week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

My HG topcoat...but, I must say that I only wear a topcoat about 50% of the time..=) This is because I constantly change my nail color every 3-4 days! But Revlon Colorstay AO Sealant is a great topcoat, as it adds great protection and super gloss to any nailcolor. I applied a coat of this over an OPI Kangarooby recently, and it is still looking pretty darn good even after 4 days of hard work (lots of house cleaning and chemicals can cause some serious damage to a mani)...It is somewhat harder to remove, so its best to use an acetone-based nail polish remover...even then it takes me a few extra swipes...I believe that this TC is only sold in a duo along with a polish at local drugstores for around $6 or so. I happened to see these marked down significantly, so perhaps they are being reformulated, or discontinued. Either way, stock up if you want an inexpensive and effective topcoat!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

Simply a wonderful Topcoat! If only it were "quick dry" it would be perfect. Yes...it comes with a nail color as well...you cant buy the Sealant (topcoat) by itself. But that doesn't matter. You are not buying this duo-pack for the color. You are buying it for the great "wear-like-iron", "super-shiny", Topcoat. (**And so inexpensive to boot!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have not used this TC with the polish that comes in the package but rather over other brands of polish to extend the polish life. For me this really works. It makes my nails smooth and very shiny when used w/SV TC. I can easily get a week or more of wear when using the Revlon TC. It also makes my nails really firm so I experience no breaking. I use the SV TC over the Revlon as a quick dry for my polish. This comes packaged with the Revlon polish and that is really the only remarkable thing about the packaging. I wish Revlon would sell the TC on it's own. The cost is around $5 for the polish and the TC but sometimes you can get it BOGOF so that cuts the cost. This is my HG TC and I will continue to use and buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:25:00 AM More reviews by vyjanet

First off, let me just say that i do not use this with the revlon colours - which is probably why it doesnt work well with me. Although this does prevent chipping, it made my colour crack horribly! Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Digital_Dolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PSA: This is available at Dollar Tree now! Really an amazing deal. I haven't used it along with the colors it comes with (they're ugly), but it works well with other polishes. I don't have much to compare it to, but my manis last about 3 days and my pedis last a good 3 weeks. I hope I can find a better topcoat to make my mani last a week.