Got 2 Be Dazzling shine spray

2.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this stuff all the time in junior high and high school and probably went through a whole bottle or two, but now I must confess it is only OK. What is does do well is smooth out your hair if you apply it to wet/damp hair and blow-dry it in (especially with a round boar-bristle brush or a paddle brush). With this method it smooths out flyways and makes your hair smooth and soft to the touch, easy to run your fingers through. What it does not do is add shine to dry hair. I have applied it to dry hair many times to finish a style and never once seen a difference. So basically, it works well as a lightweight smoothing serum... as a shine spray not so much.

I recommend this product in place of a smoothing serum if you have a hard time finding one that does not weigh down your hair or look too greasy/oily. Applied to wet hair, it is really hard to go overboard with this product. I do NOT recommend it if you want a shine spray to make your hair "dazzle."

It does build up in hair if you apply it regularly and don't wash your hair everyday (it has 'cones), and if you combine it with other smoothing/shining 'cone-based styling aids. Clarify if this happens. Since I would only apply it to wet hair after a shower (and NOT to dry 2nd and 3rd day hair), I don't have any issues with build-up. Also I kind of like the smell, it is subtle and I don't find it offensive at all. Test it yourself to see how you feel, since smell is subjective.

I think I'm done buying this product, I don't have much of a need for it anymore.

on 7/12/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

this spray gives a shine to my hair and make them look sleek and frizz free! It's simple,it smells good and it works! I use it on damped hair and after when they're dry! Love it!

on 4/4/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't notice this product drying out my hair and I am one of the people who loves its scent. It gives my hair a very nice shine which unfortunately doesn't last that long, my hair looks the same an hour later. I don't think it makes your hair sticky or greasy either though. It's cheap and you get quite a big bottle, it lasts me months even with daily use.

on 4/1/2012 4:34:00 PM

I bought this to bring some shine to my hair. I don't like oils because I find it can make my hair greasy. I have used maybe 3/4 of the bottle (177ml). I don't really notice a big difference, I will apply while i'm straightening my hair. My mom did make a comment once about my hair looking more healthy but to be honest I don't notice a change.

on 12/27/2011 12:09:00 PM

i've been using this product for years! i don't understand how it could have a bad review! it's so light and really gives a great finish to my hair. i use it on damp hair halfway through my blowdry and again on freshly flat ironed hair and throughout the day. it makes my hair look smooth and healthier. it tames slight flyaways without weighing them down. it's easy to use, just spray...it's like water, perfect consistency. i find it kinda smells like watermelon too which is good in my opinion :) the price is fab too! love love love this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised to see that this had so many bad reviews!
I had this product from when I was 11 or 12 underneath my bathroom cabinet... one day a months ago I decided to try it out and see what happened.
This is great for finishing off my hair. It adds a nice shine to my hair which is always soft but rarely shiny. It doesn't have a nice smell, just a typical hair product smell, but I spray perfume in my hair anyways after.

The Got to be dazzling shine spray makes my hair shiney and very healthy looking.. I would spray it in my hair and it automatically made my hair more shinny. The packaging is simple, spray bottle -. I love the sent I would for sure buy this product again! This product lasts me a long time, I use it almost everyday,Its a great hair-pick-me-up but it can last me a year or more - LOVE this product!

on 3/28/2011 9:12:00 PM

The Got to be dazzling shine spray was one of my first hair products when I was a kid, I saved up all my allowances and one day was finally able to buy it. I would spray it in my hair and it automatically made my hair more shinny, which was the goal.. I always wanted my hair to be soft and shiny - like goldilocks or rapunzel. The packaging is simple, spray bottle - classic lay out. I always manage to loose the lids though.. :/ I would for sure buy this product again! It has an interesting sent, I can never decide if I really like it or really don't. this product lasts me a long time, I don't use it everyday, maybe like once or twice a week if I feel I need a hair-pick-me-up but it can last me a year or more. I am now on to my third bottle - LOVE this product!

on 7/29/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

1.5 lippies. I would use this if I had like absolutely NOTHING else lol. Packaging: cute. Smell: no thank u. Results: a little shine, a lot of build up and very drying!

on 7/28/2010 12:49:00 AM

I'm probably not the only one bitching about this but....
HOLY GOD THE STINK OF IT!
it smells like pure alchohol in a bottle, it litterally burns your nostrils if you take the cap off and smell it

and i didn't notice any shine. at all, accually i think it dried out my hair and made my roots greasy.

the bottle it is in is however cute.

I recommed the glossy serum or the smooth operater satin drops over this, big time.

Popular Styling Products