Dior 5 Couleurs - Sweet Illusion 290

3.5

on 1/11/2008 10:29:00 AM

Good color payoff and lovely shades!

on 2/16/2007 3:45:00 PM

Horrible eyeshadows they lack in pigment blend badly and pink/violet look almost the same on eylid.

on 10/29/2006 4:44:00 PM

I really like this compact of soft purple shades. I personally like very soft, gentle colors, and this compact subtly enhances asian eyes. :) I really like it. I love Dior's makeup.

on 2/8/2006 2:28:00 AM

This quint consists of the following colors:
~white w/ pink iridescence

~light-medium lilac

~a pinker, more subdued version of the above lilac

~medium iridescent greyed mauve

~deep plum w/ silver shimmer

With the exception of the plum, all of the other colors are either matte or have minimal shimmer. When you first open up the compact, they all look super shimmery but that's only the overspray - I think that's a really cheap gimmick, btw.
Also, compared to my older Dior quints, the quality of this one doesn't seem as good - not as finely milled or pigmented as before. The only improvement I've noticed is the e/s layout (more room for your brushes to dip into) and the packaging, which doesn't look as tacky as it used to. Oh, and they raised the prices too - at least in Canada. They used to be $50 CDN but are now $56. It's too bad they had to change the old e/s texture and charge us more in the process too. I probabaly won't be buying any more of these quints unless they improve the quality sometime in the future. continued >>