April 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Polishes - Bourjois - Bourjois French Manicure 3-Piece Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

useless. and dries out way too fast. the brush didn't help in any way. the other two (not the white) are the saving grace. but then what's the point of buying a french manicure set.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

The white polish (used for the tips) is absolutely useless. The formula is thick and gloopy and does not apply well on my nails. The brush for the white polish is also shaped rather weirdly. It's flat and angled (like a brow brush) and is hopeless at applying an even strip for the tips of the nail. I had to chuck the white out because it thickened up too much.

The light pink is quite sheer but is meant to be that way. It applied rather easily but also a little streaky. The formula was easy to work with at first, but as the polish grew older, the consistency became alot thicker and harder to work with. I saved it with a bit of nail polish thinner which helped slightly.

The clear coat is probably the best out of the bunch. It didn't thicken up as quickly compared with the white and light pink, however it chips quite badly so it was pointless to use as a clear coat.

Overall, I regret buying this. I would've chosen to pay a little extra for a professional french mani instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Yuannap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The overall quality of three polishes is good, they dry really fast and the colors are nice. The only issue is the brush for the nail tip as it is really difficult to make tips even. Overall, I might repurchase this set again, but I have to use a different way of making the French tips look nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by starallen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This seemed like a good deal at the time and I do like to give myself french manicures, but I just couldn't get the curved brush on the white polish to work for me. Every time, it turned out horrible, reading some reviews below it seems like it did work for some so I'm either inept or it's an issue of nail shape. I do usually have success when I use regular white polish free-hand, so I don't know. The pink and clear polish were great on the other hand, I use them still and have been quite pleased with the quality, lasting power and ease of application with those two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best. The kit comes with three colors:

The French Manucure nail tip whitener
So Laque Rose Lounge nail polish
Fixant Brillant top coat

The nail tip whitener comes with a special brush that is perfect for applying to the tip solely. Just be careful, if you have an unsteady hand and will consume some time until you apply the color, make sure you close the bottle of the polish cuz this baby dries super fast. So your bottle will dry out and will become sticky and unusable.

The Rose Lounge shade is the perfect shade for french manu\icure. I tried so many other shades and this one is the perfect 'pink but neutral'. Again this one dries real fast as well.

The Fixant Brillant is a top coat that gives ultra shine, dries super fast and will make your manicure last for as long as until your nails start to grow.

I tried Nailene's French Tip Pen Kit and it isn't as good as this one. Esp with regard to the tip whitener.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The top coat is useless, as it wears off easily.
The pink polish is good choice of color for everyday wear!
The white brush is very easy to use actually.
The only drawback of bourjois polishes is the lasting power.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I regret buying this.The curved brush aplicator of the white polish seemed a good idea but its not.The results were very uneven,its hard to get it right and I also didn't like the thick hard to spead formula.(looked like I've done my nails with tipex).Also despite the top coats half of the white polish chiped off after only two days... horibble

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by wontonwendy

hmm am i the only one here that doesnt like this?
i bought this cos i thought that the shaped brush would make it really easy to get the perfect french tips
wrong
for me it was uneven and my smiles werent clean and smooth

much rather do it the old fashioned way with the nail polish remover and brush. even if it does take me like an hour..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Ajla8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this kit. Love the colours, they all go so well together to create the perfect french manicure. I like doing it myself as I can do it the way I want to so this makes it so much more fun! All colours dry super quick and the are shiny to give a salon finish.

Only problem I have is the "special" brush. Great idea and all, but I definately need a little more practice with it. I mean it's pretty easy to create the french tips, it's just that I'm a perfetionist when it comes to something like nails and everything literally has to be perfect. So for me, still need more practice (only used it twice and stayed on for a week or just under each time). Now I'm waiting till my nails grow again so I can use this and make them look pretty. I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The most perfect DIY French Manicure Kit in the world bar none.

I've tried quite a few DIY kits as I love french manis but can't afford a french manicurist. I've tried stick on guides (which work for me), and a large combination of products - each took at least 2 hours to complete and let's face it, who has that sort of time?

This kit however comes wih 3 large bottles of polish. The white polish has "pinceau ideal" a specially shaped brush (flat, firm, and curved) that lets you paint on the perfect white line following the natural curve of your nail it also dries almots instantly - making it almost foolproof. My kit came with So Laque's Rose Lounge 13 the perfect french mani shade. Just translucent enough without washing me out, natural, and dries fast to a shiny laquer finish. And finally, the fixant brilliant clear topcoat that ALSO dries instantly to provide a perfect finish and keeps your french mani lasting and lasting.

This kit's so easy that my first try at it resulted in almost salon-perfect nails, first go. Amazing. And so pretty!