Dove Calming Night

3.7

Soft and moisturizing, smells like honey and milk.

on 4/7/2008 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ♥ LOVED ♥ this soap! I loved the fragrance; I did not find it heavily-scented or too perfumey. I just wish I could still find it on store shelves... becuz it seems that Dove discontinued this particular soap and replaced it with stinky, new, scented, bar soaps called "Go Fresh" that burn my eyes and sting my nostrils when I use them in the shower. Looks like I'm going to have to switch back to Olay bar soap again....

on 12/25/2007 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used the body wash version of this. I loooved it. I made sure to keep the bottle since they came out with a new ugly UGLY hideous looking bottle thats okward to use. I just refill the old one. It gets a 4 cause I hate the bottle. Looks tacky and I would never want it in my shower. Id cry everytime id look at it haha. Lol.

on 8/12/2007 11:50:00 AM

I love Dove soap, and use it to wash my face and remove my make-up every night without fail. Ive tried lots of the different varieties, and in my opinion they are all pretty much identical in use, the only difference is the scent or colour of the bar. The calming night variety works just as well as all the others, leaving my skin feeling soft and clean.

on 7/7/2007 2:37:00 PM

Yuck! I got a sample bodybar. Thank god it was free, I would not purchase. This reeks, what was Dove thinking? I love vanilla and orientals, and whatnot, but this was just nauseating. Don't buy it. At least sniff the box or something if you do. If you are trying to sleep or relax, get a good lavender soap or wash at Whole Foods.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This bar soap and there calm night body wash, They made me itch, there is something in this soap and body wash and the glowing one also, they both made me have allergic reaction, But, I use FAITHFULLY All the original white dove bars, and the pink bar, and the nutrium (new), bar soaps, Never will I ever Use those two bar soaps, (calming night, and glowing shimmer bar).

on 1/21/2007 11:10:00 PM

Very nice... I like this a lot. I initially thought this would smell commonly like lavender (just like so many other nightime bath products do), but was pleasantly surprised with the light honey fragrance. Very soothing and quite surprisingly, this really does calm me for nightime. I hope this does not get discontinued! In any case, I am stockpiling because I love it that much.

on 12/31/2006 7:35:00 PM

I got a free sample, and I was so disappointed -- not because it was a bad product, but because there was nothing that made it soothing or even different from any other moisturizing body wash. I would never buy this because it doesn't do what it claims at all.

on 11/15/2006 2:47:00 PM

This is my favorite Dove body wash. It's creamy and has a nice light scent and left my skin moisturized. I don't know about the "calming" effect, I think it's a marketing gimmick but I will definitely buy this again.

on 11/11/2006 12:54:00 PM

This (and all the other Dove body washes) does moisturize much better than all the other b.w. out there. I find the Cool Moisture to moisturize best, then Deep Moisture, then this. But that does not mean it is bad. St. Ives, etc can't even compare. That being said, this smells like perfume. Not gross perfume, but perfume none the less.There is nothing calming about it. It takes "synthetic smelling" to a whole new level. P.S. Unlike Cool Moisture b.w. I do need to use lotion after this.

Popular Gels/Soaps