August 29, 2014 | 1487 users online

Shampoo - Shi Kai - Color Reflect Deep Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how this shampoo rates purely for cleansing, as I'm using it mixed with my usual volumizing shampoos. I leave it on for a couple of minutes while I do other shower stuff, before rinsing out. It's light and lathers well plus it rinses out very easily and once I've conditioned I can see my home-dyed hair has a lovely richness and depth of colour. It also gives most of my greys a coppery colour which looks much nicer between dye jobs. I'm not used to colour-depositing shampoos doing such a good job of actually depositing colour! This is the formula I wish John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo had. The only criticism I have is that I often need to wash my hair the next day after using it as it leaves a slight buildup which is only obvious as the day progresses, so I'm only using it every few washes. It's definitely worth the money (I got it for 9 UK pounds via Amazon). If Shikai do a matching conditioner I'm having trouble finding it - in the meantime l'll keep using the shampoo. UPDATE: it's been a month since I bought this conditioner and I absolutely love it. I love the fact it intensifies my colour and provides a distraction from my greys. I will ABSOLUTELY re-repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

I'm on the fence about this shampoo. It didn't make my medium brown hair seem darker, but it did make it seem a bit warmer in color (maybe I am imagining it). I have very fine hair, and it seems a bit drying. I use a small amount and shampoo every other day. It smells like grape candy to me. I don't like the packaging design because shampoo can leak into the cap. This was expensive for the quality and amount of shampoo I got. I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to buy more of this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by katherinep

I really like this product. It adds depth and shine to my hennaed hair without 'darkening' it. I find that the smell is pretty mild, and it doesn't bother my sensitive scalp.

As far as what I don't like about it, sometimes this shampoo squirts out too fast and I end up with too much, although it's easy to avoid that simply by being a little more careful - but otherwise I like that it comes in a tube rather than a bottle. Also, I do have to clarify my hair after a week of using this, but in my experience, most colour depositing shampoos are about the same.

All in all, It's something I'll keep in my arsenal for certain. It's one of my go-to products when my hair just doesn't feel right, and has yet to disappoint me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

surprised myself by loving this. i am growing out my dark brown hair and the hair from my ears down (formerly bleached blonde) is now medium, slightly reddy brown with lighter highlights. this doesn't really impart a color change, per se, but i've noticed when i used it my color seems to all blend and melt together and look shimmery. everyone thinks i've gone to the salon and paid a lot of money for that beachy, hidden highlight look. also it is moisturizing. i will absolutely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always been skeptical of shampoos like this, having tried John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette and the Suave version with no real results. I was even more skeptical when I first used it in the shower. The consistency is not as thick as traditional shampoos and one must be careful when using it because too much can squeeze out of the tube. For that, I gave it a three for packaging. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't work! I get my hair colored every 1-2 months, usually dark brown with eggplant or just a dark chocolate brown. Even though I have naturally brown hair with no red to speak of, my hair pulls red when colored and I don't like how it looks. So far, this has prevented any red tones from appearing in my hair, and I haven't colored it in over a month. The shampoo also smells very good and I really like the fact that it is cruelty free. For now, this is my HG shampoo since it has kept my hair shiny and dark brown. Maybe I won't need to keep coloring it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I use the blue tone to remove the orange/red my hair pulls. I love it and the consistency is thick and plush. I have brown hair with highlights. I find this keeps the orange out and keeps the brown shiny. Made my hair feel stronger maybe because of it's thickness, which is rare in shampoos today. Foams great. I'm off to buy the conditioner. Surprised to be favorable to this because I've always passed it up. Great price and great results! Sulfate free, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am Asian and color my hair soft black with a natural dye that fades subtlely. I use this to extend the color, which it does do. It foams a little, smells nice and makes my hair soft and shiny. However, I find that it cleans very gently and can be a little too moisturizing, because not only do I absolutely need to shampoo daily if I use this, but I also need a good clarifying shampoo each week otherwise my hair starts to look noticeably weighed down and a bit lifeless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased and used this product for the first time today. I have to say I was really impressed at how it rinsed out most of all. because my hair is tangle-prone, I dread shampoos that leave my hair feeling stripped. The product smells kinda like apples.. nothing offensive at all. The texture is really thick so you don't really need a lot, especially because it is recommended that you only focus on your scalp. A quarter size amount was all I needed and maybe even less than that. When i rinsed this out, my hair felt SMOOTH! It was also almost tangle-free which was a surprise compared to the other shampoos I've used. I don't know if I will notice any color reflects because my hair is black already but I'm still happy with the results and I willl update if I ever change my mind. As of now, definitely repurchase =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo but noticed it works differently depending on the shade of brown and/or red I had in my hair. When I had my darker brown base with darker red highlights, the shampoo seemed to make my overall color darker which I did not care for (I saw another review which noted the same thing). For summer, I decided to go with a lighter brown base and lighter auburn highlights. For some reason, my color started to fade quicker than last time but with the Shi Kai Color Reflect Shampoo, it seemed to add some color back. I use this shampoo with Sebastian Light Conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is really great, I took a break from using it and was using alba botanica's honeydew shampoo. After using this my hair looked really healthy and shiny.