July 25, 2014 | 1005 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - Botanisource Eye Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Ok gel treatment that is marginally effective for puffiness. Does nothing for dark cirles or moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2004 3:44:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Light-weight eye gel that really soothes my swollen eyes when I happen to be crying for hours. But overall it's an okay eye gel only suitable in summer, totally dries my eyes out in winter. Hate the new package (opague white), the old tranparent pastic tube was much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by truechristian1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very cool, soothing gel that is great to use around the eye area when your eyes are sore or tired. Although I didn't notice ANY visible results, my eyes felt better - much more soothed and relaxed after using this product. I might repurchase...I'm not sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 6:22:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this off of Ebay, so I paid next-to-nothing for it, hence the "dirt cheap" designation for price. Packaging is nice, b/c it consists of a sanitary squeeze tube. However, packaging and availability on Ebay are about all this product has going for it, at least for me. I used the tube up, and used it consistently each morning. It lasted approximately two months. I almost always awake with puffy, baggy, irritated eyes (i have allergies, and rarely get enough sleep during the week, unfortunately). This felt good b/c it was cold (i kept it in the fridge), but didn't seem to do a lot to counteract morning puffiness and bagginess. Some products i've tried almost immediately diminish these signs of allergies or not enough rest, but this one didn't. Avon products usually work for me, but this one didn't. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by starladear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not as soothing as its partner face cream--they sure give you a lot in the tube...I have oily skin, so I like to use this on days when I'm loathe to put anything remotely oily near my face...it is OK with regard to that--if you are an oil-phobe, this is for you, but if your eyes need serious attention, pass on this. UPDATE: After reading the other reviews on here, I was, in fact, shocked to find that they actually put salicylic acid in this. Why? But then, for me, that is not such a bad thing. I now use this religiously when I break out around my eyebrows (no I'm not kidding) and I think it helps. My skin has very different moods, however, and I would never reach this when my eyes are dry or irritated. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2004 8:38:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have yet to find an eye cream that does something, all that I have tried have done absolutely nothing for me. Compared to others this product didn't do anything at all but wasn't unpleasant either. I found it moisturizing and maybe even a bit soothing but that was it. I wouldn't recomend this product if you are looking to target a specific problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worthless as a soothing eye gel- wonderful as an acne treatment, seeing as witch hazel and salisylic acid are the two active ingredients. All this stuff did was dry up my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jaffacake

Not bad for sensitive eyes... it didn't wow me at all. Reasonably soothing and moisturising... but if you want a gel to reduce dark circles or prevent fine lines don't bother with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this very soothing on my sensitive eyes. I use it in the morning because it is easy to apply eye make up afterwards but I prefer somehing creamier at night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did nothing. It absorbed quickly and then within a few minutes you could not tell that you had put on eye gel on. Waste of money. I used it a couple of times and then throw it in the bin. continued >>