October 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Facial Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

omg i used this one my skin for two weeks and now i have all these acne scars on both my cheeks ): this caused both my cheeks to breakout like crazy and caused my mom to have red bumps on her cheek. Now my skin is ugly cuz of this shit product ): maybe the aha in this and salicylic acid i was using with my cleanser don't mix? ):

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by yyyyyyyy

My mom bought this for me when I first started to reallly get into to skin care. It seems to never run out - probably because I have been buying others. I recently started to use it again because I ran out of my Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Acne one that I preferred. It makes my skin STING. Don't think it does anything for my skin as far as helping break outs because I have been breaking out lately. Also, I am up researching & going out at 6:30 in the morning to buy a different moisturizer because that's how much I need something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by candyjrs

Overall its not a bad product, but i dont really see a difference in my skin. To be honest I have been getting alot of break outs lately and the moisturizer it not making it better. I dont think its breaking me out though because I have been using it for about 6 months now, but its not helping either. I will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Kpnay3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to purchase this product hoping it would even out my complexion. It is oily, smells bad, and worst of all, made my skin itch, and broke me out more. I used it on my neck and chest instead of my face....bad idea!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, I'm highly impressed with both this product and the Anti-Wrinkle day lotion with SPF (has retinol). Both have made my skin look awesome! I have pretty good skin as is, but there can always be some improvement :) The night moisturizer I find works better than the day. The glycolic acid tingles in a serious way for about 30 seconds. Then it goes away completely and all is well (I suspect after regular use - I'm on week two - the tingle will dissipate completely). The next morning my skin looks damn near perfect; since I started using it I haven't worn foundation once. Sweet! It quickly cleared up two tiny pimples I had on my forehead and any clogged pores on my cheeks. We'll see how it does with the blackheads on my nose. For the price vs results, you just can't beat this product! And it doesn't leave my oily skin shiny at all, and in the AM no greasy feeling, so that is a plus too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the SPF 15 version.

I've used this lotion for a few years. At first it can cause some skin peeling because of the AHA, but this lasted only a few days and in a few spots. Afterwards my skin looked great and exfoliated. The lotion can sting but thats also the AHA doing its thing so I don't recommend using this after doing any rough facial scrubs or exfoliation, it's not meant for that since it exfoliates on its own.

I know some people broke out with this but I found it to help my break outs a lot. I think it's one of those lotion you just have to try and see if it works for you. It's been my go to for years but now this winter I've gotten more dry skin and had to put this aside for something more moisturizing. I'm sure I'll go back when it gets warmer out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this alot!! i used the cream version also and i liked that a lot too! the lotion one though is a lot more moisturizing and thats what i need... my skin is so soft and i have noticed my skin becoming more even!! it also doesnt bother my skin, which usually if it has spf in it my face burns! i love it, i am going to keep using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

I'm so mad they discontinued this product!! I had found my HG moisturizer, and they discontinued it. I'm wandering around trying to find another one that could work wonderfully like this, but I always fail and break out! I have to use the SPF version of this at night to replace it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

This review is for the Healthy Skin Night version of this product. One day I woke up at 33, with a toddler and looked in the mirror and saw my mother. And I love my mom, but what I mean is that I saw my age for the first time in a long time and I did not like it. I am pretty big devotee of Jamieson Vitamins. You'd have to pry their Vitamin E cream from my cold dead hands. That being said I needed to get into AHA's and BHA's and stronger exfoliation to let my day cream do it's job better because my skin was no longer doing it on it's own.
The first time I ever used this, the next day I woke up and I seriously thought I was in a TV commercial. I haven't had such a good reaction to a product in at least a decade. I've gone through an entire tube of this and the difference it has made in my skin is phenomenal. My pores are smaller, my skin looks like Snow White would envy it and it has lightened my melasma that was under my eyes from pregnancy. I can't believe I can pick this up at the drugstore for under $10 when it's on sale.
I've read the reviews and there's a lot of concern about it burning and stinging and some horror stories of peeling. You have to look at the age ranges of reviewers. This product (personally speaking) probably wouldn't be as tolerable or worked as well on my 19 year old self. Your skin changes as you age. Your cells don't turnover as fast. It feels thicker and coarser on so many levels. Please take that into consideration when you're trying out AHA's and Retinols. They're not user friendly and different skins can handle different concentrations. I am planning on getting a stronger AHA in the near future as it's apparent that it's working well for me. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product twice daily for the past two weeks, so I feel in can give an interim review.
My skin has been just absolutely unmanageable for the past couple of weeks, probably a combination of a new climate and product experimentation. I developed all kinds of blackheads all over my jaw (where I never break out) and my forehead was a mess. I typically avoid "harsh" products and had considered AHA's to be too harsh for my skin, but after reading so many good reviews I had to try this product.
This is great. My forehead has cleared up considerably (although my jaw hasn't *yet*) and my skin just has better tone overall. At first I found the lotion to be too heavy, but I think my skin has adapted because it seems to absorb more quickly and hydrates well. My only real problems with this product are the added fragrance and the fact that it's a small size.
By the way, if anyone has solved their blackhead problem, I'd love to hear how! I have mostly non-inflammed acne and it just won't go away.
UPDATE: Well, I strayed from this product to try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream, and now my skin is back to thinking this is too heavy. I don't use it in the morning anymore because it leaves my face feeling greasy, but I still use it at night and I still think it's making a positive difference for my skin.
UPDATE: I discontinued use because the fragrance in this product was creating problems for me. Too bad; I liked it otherwise.