July 28, 2014 | 1046 users online

Hair Color - H & M - Hair System Permanent Hair Colour in Total Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by annicasmile

Lasts for ever!! Very cheap too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been dyeing my hair black for close on ten years, and tried various different brands and types of hair colour. I've been using this particular colour for four or five years, and I'm planning on sticking with it; it's a simple, no-nonsense colour that does exactly what I want it to do - I get a straight, true black hair colour, with no visible brown, red, purple or blue undertones even on my naturally blonde hair, that really lasts.

I have very long hair that has taken some abuse over the years, but it's still in quite good condition, so I don't think it's any more damaging than any other peroxide dye. Just take care to touch-up the roots only after the first application.

It's also very inexpensive, it's easy to use, doesn't drip, has a better bottle than most other dyes - with a screw-on top! so you can actually get more than one application out of one package, if you can be bothered to pour some of the developer into another container. They have recently re-formulated the after treatment, from a fairly pointless shampoo (wtf?) to a decent conditioner. The gloves that comes with the colour are useless; throw them away and use proper latex gloves instead. You'll still be paying less than you would for a Garnier or L'Oreal colour, and getting an equally good or better result.

I've heard some bad things about the staying-power of some of the other colours in this line - the reds and the blue-black, mostly - but this shade is very good. Highly recommended. continued >>