October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Gels/Soaps - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace Body Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rockjets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't get this if you're expecting the scent to linger on your skin after the shower - there are other, much better washes for that - but if you want your shower to smell like cookies, this is your jam!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

Love this scent and the formula itself! VS frequently has 5/$30 deals and such where you can mix and match products and scents! This is definitely my favorite VS scent so far! Pretty packaging too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Wonderland449

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this scent for years and I love it. It smells so warm and comforting but sexy at the same time. Its hard to describe but it just smells so good. Kind of like fresh cake. I pair it with the body spray. I would recommend this scent to anyone. For a while they discontinued it and I'm so glad they brought it back!

If you like vanilla, you might also like the Secret Cravings scent which is vanilla and black currant. I switched to it for a while but now I'm back to Vanilla Lace :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Victoria's Secret shower gels are the only shower GELS I use. Usually I prefer shower creams. Typically, gels are super drying, but the Victoria's Secret body washes aren't stripping. This one smells sooooo sexy! Vanilla is to me the ultimate man-getter; they LOVE it. I like using this in conjunction with ALL the other Vanilla Lace products. This is nice because it lathers beautifully, it smells sophisticated, and the packaging looks pretty in my shower. I'll be a Vanilla Lace devotee forever and ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by reihasama

I love the scent, and it moisturizes well. I shower after my daily gym sessions and I sometimes don't have time to apply lotion afterwards, I've found that whenever I use this, my skin does not turn scaly and dry within the next few hours, which has been the case with other soaps I've used. My only peeve with this body wash is that it does not later well at all in hard water. Zero lather whatsoever; I can rub my hand together until the cows come home, and there will be no nice small pile of foam with which I can shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

this is my favorite vanilla scent ever. i'm generally not a big vanilla person. its usually too sweet for me and has never really appealled. this scent is muskier and not as sweet. it doesn't make you smell like a candle like many vanilla scents do. i especially love it in the body wash version. it foams up really well and makes tons of bubbles. the smell lingers only a little after showering, which i personally like because i don't usually wear this as a fragrance. it's really affordable with all the sales that victoria's secret has too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! Its a great adult vanilla, not too sweet or cakey, but on the musky/deeper side. It has a slight spice to it, but not near as strong as amber romance which can be nauseating. Its been around for years, and everytime I wear it someone comments on it. Its not the most amazing vanilla out there, but its very nice. This has a great lathering formula to it, isnt drying, and Victoria's Secret offers it in many matching products which I love. I have sensitive skin, and can use this fragrant body was with no problems. I think its worth its price, and its on sale a lot. Cant go wrong with that!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaSecretVanilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot detect any vanilla when sniffed from the bottle. But after I applied it on my body, I could smell a bit of vanilla..it isn't really similar to the awesome smelling vanilla lace body mist/EDT/Lotion/body butter. It smells more like plastic and chocolate.
However it layers well with my vanilla lace body lotion, which is why I'll buy it again.
But..I'll try other scents (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Eirwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little goes a long way since this foams up alot. It's very moisturizing too. While the scent is great in the shower, it don't last very long for me.

Edit: Four years later and I just stopped using this. My skin has changed and this body wash isn't moisturizing anymore. It's drying and a little irritating to my skin. I'll leave the rating where it is because that's how I felt about it at the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is an OK vanilla. It's like vanilla extract with a hint of musk rather than a foody or sweet vanilla. The scent is really faint sniffed straight out of the bottle, but it becomes stronger once it works up into a rich, foamy lather. It's a great body wash that I will use up, but since I prefer foody vanillas, I won't repurchase.