Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 4/16/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This powder gives me a nice finish, with or without foundation. It gives me a Satin Finish which is my most favorite finishes. It lasts for most of the day, might need a few touch ups. The color isnt as white and pale as it seems when blended all over the face. If you are going to wear the powder by itself, i highly suggest to wear moisturizer first before anything. My face can breathe, and i have no breakouts at all. The brush on this packaging is alright but it does shed sometimes.
To use this product with the sifter lid still on top and being held down on to, slightly shake it down about 3 times. And that should be enough for your whole face. Blend fully all over your face and youll get healthy looking skin. Doesnt clog pores, and doesnt make my skin look bumpy. Also, PLEASE BLEND THIS ON YOUR FACE IN A SMALL CIRCULAR MOTIONS AROUND YOUR WHOLE FACE. USE A BUFFING BRUSH WITH THIS POWDER.

on 2/26/2015 1:34:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. I've been trying to use better products on my skin but despite all the benefits, this just doesn't hold up. I don't know any better way to describe it other than it makes my skin look ruddy. The feel is great, you can't even tell you're wearing it. But the coverage is not enough, even if I apply and apply... And I'm just looking for light coverage to even out my skin tone. It seems to draw attention to any red or dark spots. Just a big nope for me.

on 12/10/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly just don't like this.
It makes my pores look HUGE no matter how I apply it.
It makes me look greasy in 30 minutes but I'm not actually oily. It's the powder that reflects and makes me look oily.
The only think I like is the color cause it seems to match me fairly well for a drugstore product but that's about it.
It's not good at setting makeup either. Just makes everything crease up and emphasize pores

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the brand but the powder not so much. It made me look cakey and it didn't last long. Oh and it doesn't spread; the powder just stays concentrated on the area where my brush first touched my face. Better loose powders out there :(

on 8/27/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this powder. I used it with a round makeup sponge to apply. I really like the coverage and look that this gives to the skin. Allow it to set in while you do the rest of your makeup and it starts to mix with your skins oils and makes it look beautiful. I wish they had more shades though because none of these match me well.

I rarely use this anymore bbecause there not a good shade choice Also mineral makeup makes my oily skin even more greasy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

love this. I switched over from bare minerals due to cost, and I must say I like this better then any other brand names I have tried. its lightweight and sets my makeup beautifully without having to worry about it breaking me out or clogging my pores. I am a make-up artist and actually bought all shades to use in my makeup kit. it works perfectly for the airbrushed look and looks amazing in photographs! love it! will never use anything else! Why fix something thats not broken!

on 7/5/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I attempted to use this as a powder a few years back but it made my skin look incredibly dry/cakey and I have oily skin! So I put it away and have now come to find it works amazingly as a finishing powder. I tried others but they're lack of pigment made me look ashy. So this one is perfect! It isn't very pigmented but that's what makes it great over foundation.
Oh and the brush is a definite joke haha :) just toss it and use a different one

on 6/29/2014 12:17:00 AM

I have used this as a setting powder for years, it does not cake up but would not use this as foundation. It is not pigmented enough. It will accentuate dry skin. Overall I like it, I have sensitive acne prone skin, and this does not cause me any problems. The container is great for a loose powder, the brush on the other hand not so great.

on 6/22/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

omg haha this was my loreal mattique (like the most helpful reviewer had) in high school... always at my locker, though as staying power was an issue. still overall great foundation, might go pick some up to take a trip down memory lane (and now its summer, im oily again!)

on 6/7/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is quite expensive for a 'drugstore' brand. It is pretty much equal to some Clinique makeup here. Other than that, it is truly a top quality item. The silly brush is there for show. Still, brands like Dior and Chanel pull the same gimmick, so I wouldn't dock a point for that. I use it to set my foundation/concealer (lightly) and build it up under eyes (gradually) or use it to sweep away eye makeup fallout. It is spectacular. I took off a point because the price is high for drugstore, the colours are too limited (Translucent Medium is not exactly right for me), and I haven't used it long enough to have any idea about sensitivity. If it causes breakouts as so many ppl here have mentioned, I will update.

->It has fine sheen running through it (finer than the Chanel powder imo)
->With the right brush and technique, I think most people who can find a match would like it.
-->Some higher end loose powders like Elizabeth Arden's, are so jet-milled, so fine, that they're great for mature skin. This one is ALMOST there, not quite. It's very fine, but if wrinkles/lines are an issue, I might recommend some HE powders instead.
-->If you build it up (swirling on in 2 or more layers), you will DESPERATELY need highlighter/blush, to not look like a doll. The coverage is good!
->Staying powder is better than my other powders that I own (Wet n Wild, Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Bare Minerals). Hot summer day-->lasted hours. I still touched up afterwards, for the 'PERFECTLY' made-up doll look, but it looked naturally perfect for hours without touch-up.
->Clinique Almost Powder is better for a true 'foundation' type powder, to be used on its own, because it offers more coverage. However, it looks cakey easily, so it is best for solo usage. PF is good for those who wanna keep using their regular base.
->Melds into the skin after a few minutes. Looks light/airy/translucent, not cakey.
->Totally airbrushes away my pores
->Be careful not to breathe it in :(
-->I LOVE the packaging. Also, tip! Ecotools Retractable Kabuki, take off the top>>pour some of the PF powder into it-->put the lid back onto the kabuki brush-->VOILA! on-the-go powder in your brush without having to take the actual container with you everywhere!!!!!