December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Halo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smashbox - Halo - Hydrating Prefecting Powder - Fair - 21g
I am happy with the product, but it's now for a change. The price is $70 CAD and it is steep even though it lasts me for about 6 months.The packaging is great because it allows you to twist the amount you wanna use. The mirror is okay, but gets dusty and powdery too much. The mini brush that comes with it is compact and easy to use.

I use powder and bronzer during the summer and fall to minimize oil and sweat, and switch to liquid foundation for the winter and spring for texture and use powder on top. The powder last about half the day cuz I work in the office (air conditioning) and in road /construction (hot dry air). I need a good powder to balance to the conditions. If any has suggestions, plz pm me. Thanks for reading!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. Gives me a pink glow everytime I put on. Don't put on too much or it will give you an oily face effect. I like everything about it, the colour, the compact it comes in, just anything. Only bad thing about it is that I drop it and it broke, but still usable. I hope smashbox has it on their holiday / winter collection every year so I won't run out of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by miranets

Although ultraviolet colours are often used by runway makeup artists as a corrective hue, this does not suit my skin tone at all. For those who have yellow undertones and issues with redness, ultraviolet is not flattering at all. Another issue I have is that the reflective properties of this highlighter can only be seen on angles rather than imparting an overall glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 6:59:00 AM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely purple highlighter. Think MAC pink opal pigment, but a very light lilacy purple. I wear it with cool colours, but this would make anyone glow. It is so pretty, great for a playful girly look. Give this one a try... it is beautiful. NO glitter, just a purplish shine. Very nice.

Be sure not to put a huge amount on, you can come out looking too "glowy"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GORGEOUS!! I was looking for a highlighter to compliment my PPP cool-toned skin and this is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Halo looks pure white in the pan but when brushed on it gives my face a luminescent pink tone. Not shimmery or glittery at all, just a subtle transparent pink glow. This is the kind of glow that Snow White would have! This works perfectly for PPPs and is perfect as a blending powder for deeper blushes. It's limited edition, but www.smashbox.com still has this in stock. It also comes in a duo with a dusty rose blush, which is also excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by holliday

This is the prettiest of all the soft lights IMO. It looks white, but flashes peach and pink on the skin. I am an asian NC20, and this looks really nice and subtle on my skin. The powder is soft and finely milled like all the other soft lights. I apply it to my cheeks on top of blush, and it gives the most gorgeous glow. It's not really shimmery, but iridescent. It comes in the same screw top compact as the rest of the soft lights, except the packaging is white instead of black. Well worth the money, it will last ages. It's LE, so get it while you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by missytakespics

I too am very impressed with this product.
I love shimmers and this was my first Soft Lights purchase.
I didnt have anything in the way of pink, and I tend to shy away from anything pink since I have a lot of red in my complexion.
Im so glad I didnt shy away from this though.
In the pot it looks pure white, but when applied (and I find i like it applied with both a firm contour blush brush as well as a kabuki) it is a beautiful irridescent pink/opal. It just gives a beautiful soft glow, the product really does what it says, gives a great glowy highlight. This product has created a huge lemming for me to own all of the Smashbox Soft Lights now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am SO impressed with this product. It was an LE item with Smashbox's holiday collection 2005 (so unlike SB's regular black packaging it's in a white case). Although the powder looks almost straight white in the pan, on the skin a gorgeous & multi-faceted pink sheen comes out. It reminds me a great deal of a pressed version of MAC's Pink Opal pigment. Soft Lights are so finely milled that they have a really velvety texture. I have found so many uses for this - it's great as a wash on the eyes or just as a browbone highlight, and works just as well either on top of other blush or on its own. Beautiful!