December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Cleansers - Apivita Aromatherapy Face and Eye Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ah, this cleanser. THIS cleanser is simply amazing. I bought it after noticing raving comments from close friends and reviews on the internet. I am on my third 300ml bottle and have bought backups as well. I find the price to be fair and my combination acne prone skin cannot get enough! Not sure if I would recommend for dry skin though, probably not.

First of all I find the packaging to be hygienic and convenient, there is total control regarding the amount you pump.

The texture feels exactly like hand wash, rich creamy liquid but not thick. The scent is refreshing and slightly floral but doesn't linger. It lathers very easily so you just need a small amount per wash.

How I use it: a) In the morning I splash some water on my face and dispense half a pump. Lather and massage my face for a couple of minutes. The cleanser feels very mild and rinses off easily leaving no residue behind. Has also mild antiseptic properties. The skin afterwards feels refreshed and balanced.

b) At night I do the same but adjust the amount depending on whether I have make up on or not. If I do I wash my face twice just to be sure and let me tell you, it takes EVERYTHING off! Long wearing foundation and lipstick, macara, gel liners are removed to perfection without bothering with separate eye and face make up removers and regular cleansers. Complete cleansing with one and only product, how convenient after a hectic day or a night out! Also no wash cloths or cotton balls needed. Never irritated my eyes either.

I cannot recommend enough. I simply find this cleanser to be a dream come true.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh nooo I wanted to like this cleanser!! But it dried my skin badly, even in the summer when my skin is oily as the frying pan. Nice smell and clean face but unfortunately it dries my skin a lot. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by questionableanswer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really is an excellent cleanser! It's really the best foaming cleanser I've tried, and I've tried a lot, from drugstore brands to premium department store brands. I have skin that's oily in the t-zone, but very dry in my under eye area. It has been very acne prone in the past, and my skin is still wont to produce mild acne/ blocked pores and whiteheads here and there, with ovulation and menstruation often bringing to the fore some hormonal spots on the chin area.

This is the first foaming cleanser I've found that leaves my skin feeling totally, but comfortably, clean and doesn't cause breakouts, but rather helps clear them, whilst not drying out my eye area at all. I actually tried it originally after noticing that it was free of both sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate (almost unheard of in most foaming cleansers!), as I had been experiencing very dry skin on and around my lips which SLS and SLES seemed to be exacerbating, and, now in my mid-twenties I'm getting wary of unnecessarily drying out my eye area any further and worsening fine dehydration lines. The flaky dry skin cleared up while using this cleanser.

The product's consistency is a sort of thick, creamy gel texture that foams when applied to wet skin, with a slightly sweet and faintly citrussy aroma. The glycerin provides moisture and the propolis provides a natural antiseptic component.

I think this cleanser would be a great choice for anyone with normal, combination, oily and acne prone skin, and for somewhat intolerant/sensitive skin. It would be fine for younger mildly dry skins, too, I would think. I believe it is supposed to be effective as a makeup remover also, though I personally prefer to use it for my second cleanse, on relatively makeup free skin to really experience the benefits of the antibacterial action.

In England it retails for 13 at Marks and Spencer and while not super cheap, it's hardly exorbitant. A reasonable price for such a great product, I believe.

For me this is probably my HG foaming cleanser. I've gone back to others and compared, and nothing beats it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by papaliti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is one of the best foaming cleaners I have ever tried... I have used Peter Thomas Roth, whichever great too, but I wanted a more organic solution.. Eminence crop gel which was way too drying, Sisley foaming cleanser, nice but very expensivo!!, Clarins, very average, Caudalie which is nice but it does not take make up off..and a lot more from drugstore and high end brands.. this is the best...it takes off easily my Volume mascara by Chanel, sunscreen by Caudalie or Daylong actinica, which is a very thick sunscreen by the way, Sisley oil free foundation, cream blush by Korres, Caviar stick by LM and lid primer by Thebalm. Takes it all off very very easily, keeps skin fresh and healthy, not tight or irritated. I am also using it in the morning...Def a keeper...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by GiaPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a rinse-off cleanser/make-up remover, suitable for the eye area (yes, the "do-it-all", literally!).

I tried many expensive brands, and I found this great product by accident. It removes everything, it doesn't hurt my eyes (I wear contact lenses), it smells great and my skin feels great!

My sister has sensitive skin, and she loved it, too!

I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by kwnkar

The best cleanser I have ever tried!! Literally one step deep & refreshing cleansing. It does not irritate my eyes at all, has a really nice texture & smell. It washes off very easily !!and makes every serum or primer or moisturizer to work its best afterwards!!
I am using this for the last 4 years although I used to try every new product of the mearket in the past. I am not even trying anything else anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by vinou

This is the best cleanser i have ever tried!!it doesn't dry my skin!!it also helped me a lot with my acne problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A perfect cleanser!!!!93% natural ingredients,does not irritate my eyes at all and removes all the dirt and make up at once!200ml,i was surprised that i had not discover it before.Also on this product i read:WATER IS REPLACED BY ORGANIC GREEN TEA INFUSION-intresting...It contains lavender for soothing,propolis for some antiseptic acion,and olive for moisture.I strongly suggest it except if you are having very dry skin.I have combination skin,and use it every day.I have spent a lot of money to all kind of expensive -or cheap- brands until i find this one.I am very happy with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Loveforso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is very gentle on my acne-prone skin and I would highly recommend it because it doesn't seem to irritate it at all. I bought it because a girl in a Pharmacy told me that it is very mild for both skin and eyes and that it is suitable for the latest bad condition of my skin. I have been using it for a week now and no irritation or dryness at all. This is a very good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foaming cleanser with lavender, olive, and green tea is a really ideal product for my skin type, which is combo/acne problematic. It transforms from a creamy liquid so nicely into a thick and refreshing-smelling foam that cleans every last drop of makeup form my face and eyes. It doesn't hurt my eyes and cleans that sensitive area gently but thoroughly. It leaves my whole face soothed, clean, and glowing. Even thugh this is great for my oily/combo skin, Apivita labels this as "for all skin types." It's a really gentle formula that is a pleasure to use and to smell. I love the feel and the smell of this cleanser. No dryness, no irritation, no breakouts- just nice clean skin. And I love the pump dispenser this has- makes it easy to use in the shower. Apivita has so many great products- I love them!

Benefits: Easily removes make-up and dirt whithout irritating or drying the skin. Safe for use on the eye area due to its gentle formula.
~~~~~~
Active Ingredients: Citrus essential oils, olive and wheat cleansing agents, saponaria officinalis extract, Zn, Cu, Mg traces.

Other Ingredients: Aqua (water, camelia sinensis - green tea), Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Coco Betaine, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG - 120 Methyl glucose dioleate, PEG - 60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Olivate, Glycol Distearate, Laureth - 9, Saponaria officinalis (extract), Lavandula Angustifole (Lavander Flower Extract), Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Aspartate, Copper Aspartate, Manganese Aspartate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum (fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide