December 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Cleansers - Kose - Sekkisei White Powder Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

A very cost effective cleanser. A thumbnail size amount creates a lot of foam once water is added n lathered. I use a foaming net and the amount of foam produced in less than 5 seconds is phenomenal. The foam is really thick and frothy.

Cleans the face well without overdrying. This is the main difference between cheaper drug store cleansers n higher end ones.

However it ain't perfect. I find the opening a bit big and there are times when a bit too much powder came out which leads to wastage. The powder inside sometimes clumps up but this can be rectified by shaking the bottle hard for a few seconds, with the cap closed of course.

Also, best not to leave this in the bathroom and make sure the cap is closed immediately after use. Humidity will cause even more clumping.

Overall one of my favourite cleansers as it offers good cleansing power, no dryness and good value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by pb84

Background of my skin: very oily in Tzone, and a bit dry out of it. Acne prone, red patch not much but i do have. and sensitive! So you can call me acne prone very oily and sensitive.
I have been using Kose Junkisui for years and while it's not a great thing I at least know it won't kill me anytime.
I bought a package of Junkisui and got this powder in a mini bottle with a decent amount, 20gr.
I tried and love it at first since it left my skin a smooth feelings and gentle. But after first 2 weeks use, my skin started feeling the sting on cheek, down the chin and outline.
I never suspect this one, seriously. We had 2 weeks happy together. Then I noticed I had unusual pimple and so red where it stinged, and flaky all over. I stop all my skin care. Doesn't help. Finally I found out the culprit.
I am quite disappointed since I was hoping for an alternative between my acne thingy and something milder. It just didnt work for me. I hope someone else can benefit from this.
I certainly won't recommend it if you have same skin condition as I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

When it's brand new, I like it a lot cos the powder is fine and smooth and it lathers up nicely into a fine foam. after using it, my face is literally squeaky clean. However that means it's really quite harsh and drying to the skin.

After a certain period of usage, the powder will start to clog the opening. If you leave it in a humid environment, the powder will start to clump up and get stuck in chunks on the inside of the bottle. You can break it apart with a few hard knock but the granules are now lumpy and doesn't dissolve as evenly as it was in the beginning. (packaging quality rated 2 lippies)

I actually repurchased it twice, cos I felt it was a OK cleanser that lasted me for a long long time, really value for money (price rated 2 lippies). But now that I am older and taking better care of my skin, I feel it's not the best/nourishing cleanser for me and will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Vaska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product for a week and at first I fell in love with how the product turn from powder into creamy foam in just seconds, then I applied it, and I'm not sure why my face felt a bit of sting here and there, was it too harsh? I have very sensitive, oily and acne prone skin, got some red marks too whenever too hot or too cold, and cannot even stand Egyptian Magic Cream - broke me out. Just to give an idea on my skin condition.

I'm still giving this product a try though and see what good can it give me after some time. However, after trying this product I was willing to give Junkisei toner a try, so I think it's pretty good.

It is pricey (as is all Kose product I think? - except softymo) but it should last a loonnnggg time cos I only use a very tiny amount each day - twice a day. The packaging is really nice, loving the rich blue color. But too bad I cannot see through the bottle to know how much left in there ^-^

Am still thinking whether to repurchase but for now, it's a no cos I don't think liking the packaging is a solid ground for purchasing facial product :D. If I change my mind, I will update my review :)

Update: I like this powder wash actually. I still am using it and will continue use until the last drop but will probably look for other Kose wash variant I finish this.

Suggestion: use when your face is wet cos it will somehow disappear when I tried to apply the foam on dry face. When the face is really oily I will use it 1-3 washes to make sure it cleanses well.

Will buy again if cannot find a good replacement in time ^-^

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely mild and gentle cleanser. I love the light scent but it cannot clean my combination well and I need to wash twice when i use this. This is especially true when i use a heavy and maybe oil base makeup remover and this would not be able to clean the oil off after. This would be good for someone with dry skin i suppose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product effectively dissolves the oil and dirt on my face like no other product. My cousin recommended this to me when I visited her in Taiwan, and the bottle she gave me lasted about a year. It's tougher to find in the States, but may be purchased online. I highly recommend this product to those with combination to oily skin. It has worked wonders for me and swear by the Kose brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried similar products from Dermalogica and Fancl before and this one is far more superior. When I used the previous two, I could feel the grains when washing up my face, however this makes velvety and smooth, thick foam. It is expensive, but the price is justified as just a tiny bit of powder is enough for each use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dunibuni

i have the type of skin that really needs DEEP cleaning (its combination, acne-prone). this cleanser, unfortunately, is very gentle on your skin although it does seem to have a brightening effect. i think it would work well for people with nice, normal skin. i gave it to my mom after deciding to move onto another cleanser, and its been lasting her a looong time. its a bit pricey, but there's a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mgjolley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I consider this powder very similar to the DHC one. I love them both. Very fine foamy bubbles and good cleansing result. It doesn't leave my skin dry either. A+++

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

this one foams well. it is pricy, but it will last you for ages. i use it every day for 6 months it's not even half way down. so the price and quantity ratio is justified for me but too drying for winter use. nothing special about the whitening effect, it's a facewash, thats all.