April 21, 2014 | 1415 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by knbruice

I have been a longtime user of all Urban Decay products, including this powder. I have been the shade Illusion since 4 years ago, and I was Hallucination for a while when I was very tan for a period of time. I used to go between this powder and the Bare Minerals Original foundation in W15 Light. I used to like the two equally, but then Bare Minerals changed their formula (unfortunately now the bare minerals powder has more fillers and wears off more quickly..) so in the last year I have used nothing but Urban Decay. I use this product with a soft duo-fiber finishing brush to give a sheer application over top of my liquid foundation. The color is perfect and I like how it matches and flatters my pale, yellow toned skin. I will continue to use this for a long time! the flawless finish is unbeatable!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I don't use the sponge on the top, opening it and using a brush makes it so much better, this powder had great coverage and I've been using it in 'illusion' for years, it will always be my go to powder!! It's perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by acidcrush

The coverage was pretty sheer, which is what I expected. As far as I could tell, it did last all day. I liked the product and would re-buy except for the packaging. I hate the sponge applicator! It did not apply well that way and it seemed like it would be difficult to clean, if it could be cleaned at all. I ended up using a brush. I would not re-buy because I don't want to deal with the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDJunkie101

OMG! When I say I swear by this "Miracle Veil" Mineral Foundation. I say talk crap get slapped! LOL I absolutely love love LOVE Urban Decay and all they stand for! This is my 1st and LAST Foundation that I will buy. Like on Earth! It does soo much..in a "Less is More" type of way! I am a Panamanian/ African American so I have brown skin but a Orangey hue? ..yeah about that description but....I use the "Fortune" tone and it is FREAKING PERFECT!!!!!!!! Never been so satisfied in my life! And that can be hard for a sista! Okaaaayy?! So I have light/mild blemishes and acne scars..yet my skin is smooth. This veil covers everything! No need to for liquid foundation..and frankly im not a fan of liquid foundation bcuz I dont like the way that + powder gives the whole " Cakey" effect. Im a minimalist..for face until you get to the eyes. I love my eyes to be the center of attention for my make- up. I do not use the sponge applicator --as a powder brush is more effective to achieve a balanced coverage. Also when I sampled the product at [Ulta Beauty] YOUR BEAUTY DESTINATION ...love that place. Worked there before and I gta say I miss it!!! S/O's ;) the Prestige artist instructed me to get a brush for best results. Im telling you ladies: I dont have to even apply much and I look like..well like I have no makeup on and am just blessed with beautiful powder smooth skin! No complaints WHATSOEVERR! And the part that I love is how it looks 45mins after application!!! I pretty much use urban everything so dont letttt meeee go on about when I add the all nighter spray!!! HAH! Im a Urban Junkie! And I would recommend this product to ANYONE! *Cues Drake* ...No lieee No liee No lii-i-ii-iie

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this stuff hasn't been discontinued by now. I bought it a few years ago and it was awful. I'm very pale, and the lightest shade is BRIGHT YELLOW! I looked jaundiced! It went right back to Ulta.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan of UD - but this was a terrible disappointment, as was the liquid version of Surreal Skin when I tried it several years back.

First, I'm very fair, and the lightest shade of this product gives off a yellowish/orange cast on me if I try to get any "coverage" from it. The sponge applicator is mind bogglingly terrible. After struggling with it and finally getting it to "work", I quickly realized that it wasn't a great way to apply the product. I switched to applying it with a kabuki brush, and the result was still not good. First of all, it was not a color match. Besides that point, the product highlighted every dry area of my combo skin, and seemed to "cake" over my few oily areas (mainly my nose). It was a mess, and I know how to apply powder foundation properly. The coverage was awful, it did not even my skin tone, or cover my very mild dark circles, and it seemingly highlighted and drew attention to all of the problem areas of my skin (dry patches, oily zones, blemishes, etc.). I also felt it did nothing to illuminate or brighten my skin and it left a very sallow looking cast over it.

I finally threw the product away when I realized it looked really bad as a setting powder over my concealer/foundation/BB cream as well. I really don't know who I would recommend this product to, and was frankly surprised to see some raves posted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I got this foundation from my mother three or four yeas ago. I believe product is not so much change. Anyway, this product is great.This is powder foundation,but it covers your skin very well and it is mineral makeup.Which is kind and good for your skin.If you are busy,just skip liquid foundation and put this on.Also you can use as finishing powder.I think this is much all kind of skin type. Then when you use this product do not use attached puff. you can take off the cap(attached puff),and use your own makeup brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I've used this foundation many times in the past. The coverage is really nice and natural...if you can get the brush to work. I don't know if they've changed their packaging in recent years, but it used to be a lot easier to use. It's really difficult to get the product to flow through the applicator. But, if you can get it to work, the application is really awesome because the sponge blends it very well. I've used it as a loose powder with a powder brush, but it never looked quite as nice. Also, the sponge applicator can get pretty grimey after you use it on your face. It may not be the best option for those who are acne-prone because it's easy to get it full of bacteria.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is extremely finely milled which I love. Coverage is sheer to medium. Yes, it will not cover acne scars but I can get away with dabbing some concealer on those areas. Perfect for wearing everything since I much prefer doing this than wearing a heavy feeling, high coverage foundation. My sensitive skin does not break out or get irritated from using this and I'm 95% finished with my bottle.

My only complaint is the sponge top - I didn't even bother trying to figure how to use it. I find it worked best when I tap some onto the cap, swirl and blend with a powder or kabuki brush. About NC20 right now and using the lighest shade, Illusion so those who are fair may not find a good match.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was a little disappointed with this product. the seller gave me a very dark one for my skin tone which made me look like Mr Miranda from the commercial!!! (I'm NF 15 and got Hallucination)

other then that the coverage is horrid! you need so much product to get a good cover and that makes you look cakey!

another thing I didn't like was the packaging and applicator, everytime I use this thing I end up with half the stuff spilled everywhere. I ended up removing the sponge and going in with my kabuki brush. no matter what you do it'll spread unevenly and if you use a colour correcter like me you'll be blending for ever to get it mixed with the powder =/

I'm really disappointed with UD, the reps are bad, the product is over priced and lousy with only 3 or 4 colours to choose from and to top it of the packaging!!!!

will not re-purchase again and can't wait for this one to finish so I can go back to my Bare minerals =(