Annick Goutal Eau de Camille

3.9

on 5/22/2013 9:42:00 AM

As mentioned before, this is a very floral and green scent with notes of honeysuckle. It does not smell like most perfumes, but it has a crisp, clean scent. If you don't like green, this is not the scent for you. Goutal designed this perfume for her daughter, who wanted to smell like their garden.

on 4/10/2013 4:14:00 AM

I get very little honeysuckle but a lot of very soapy green. A previous reviewer also found the soapy note hard to tolerate, and I'm the same. I also find that Eau de Camille has, on me at least, low sillage and poor tenacity. A pity; I liked the idea of this one but it is not for me.

on 11/22/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the type of floral I like and I have quite a few in this crisp green style. It reminds me a bit of AG's own Eau du Sud with less citrus, more floral. It's also in the same camp as Cristalle EDT, OJ Tiare (quieter, more subdued, lacking the deeper base), ELPC Jasmine White Moss (not as lush, or perhaps skanky if that's how jasmine strikes you), and the not so popular Pucci Sole (which I highly recommend if you can find it). If any of those didn't work for you, this is worth trying, and if like me you want to collect the whole set, it's worth trying too. Quality as always with AG is first rate.

on 10/14/2011 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Just the greatest green with a whisper of sweet--I was expecting that. Then the stinky, sweaty ugly baaaad honeysuckle ? then lovely floral that would have been great had it lasted more than 3 minutes. That's why I took off 2 lippies.

on 3/25/2011 9:17:00 PM

It's best to be careful when spraying this or she'll punch you right in the face! Her green notes are very assertive and feel like they literally are coming to get you. 5 minutes later everything changes. It's as if she took off her boxing gloves and put on her Donna Karan outfit to go to brunch. She'll be the most inviting person in the room too. All noses will be alert to her unique presence. Soft, green honeysuckle is the result of this spring /summer beauty. She gets a little carried away w/herself right after the green disappears and gets a little heady. Like that initial punch sent her right into intoxication. Then she remembers herself and settles in to be the loviest green floral in the room. Like she's the irresistable honeysuckle itself come to chat. I'm completely enchanted and thrilled to have a bottle of this one of a kind beauty..........

on 12/29/2010 1:57:00 PM

This is the first Annick Goutal I fell in love with back around 1997-1998. I just love the fresh green ivy quality of this, with a slightly heavier, wants to be spicy, floral note while still maintaining the greenness. It reminds me of a fragrance a young girl would wear, possibly one that you would wear in the teen years but I still adore it and I am nowhere near being a teenager. Overall it is soft, fresh but not fruity or musky (a combo which many fragrances seem to epitomize these days and can make me gag). It is a chilly garden, sun is just peaking out, the morning after a rain, with wet ivy, grass and florals wafting around. As with many of the AG scents, the notes in this seem 'natural' (whether they are or not) and that is what I love about this line in general.

on 12/15/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this fragrance. It is feminine without being to sweet. It layers great with floral perfumes, beautiful bottle and scent lingers all day. If you like fresh green fragrances this one is worth a sniff.

on 10/10/2010 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the notes of ivy and true-to-life honeysuckle in this fragrance because they remind me of the house where I grew up. Even without the nostalgic associations I think this would be a pleasant but short-lived soapy green floral.

on 5/19/2009 7:42:00 PM

I tried this in hopes of getting the honeysuckle note I loved from Chevrefeuille with some lasting power. The "green" in this does not have the sappy freshness I like in a green, and the honeysuckle doesn't play a big enough role.

on 2/27/2009 10:23:00 PM

Not a horrible fragrance, but it reminds me too much of Yankee candles, the ones that are light green and come out in the summer, which are supposed to evoke a green, fresh scent. Sugary sweet ivy, and intensely sweet honeysuckle is the best way that I can describe this. I much prefer Eau de Ciel or La Chevrefeuille for a green scent by Annick Goutal.

Popular Fragrances