Bare Escentuals Large Face Brush

3.7

on 1/26/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm the opposite of the previous review. I like this brush very much and don't care for the kabuki brush. This feels much softer to the touch, unlike the kabuki which feels bristly. I use this to apply my blush and get the right amount every time. That may be from trial and error. I've never experienced any shedding with any of the Bare Escentual brushes. Many of the reviews ( concerning shedding ) are from two, three, four years ago. Maybe, they are making these brushes better? I own two of the large face brush for two of my favorite blush. I would purchase these again, but that may be a long, long time. These brushes seem to hold up well!

on 1/10/2007 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It gave me an uneven and streaky application of my BE Powder Foundation. I care for this brush really at all, and feel that BE's Kabuki brush is a better brush to use, performance wise.

on 7/19/2006 12:59:00 PM

This brush is scratchy, it sheds, the bristles split with washings and I don't think it gives even application of any powder product. I replaced this with Sephora's Bronzer Brush and found much more even application of my BE products.

on 9/30/2005 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I was using my regular BE foundation brush, thinking it was "top of the line," but after I bought my first Jane Iredale Handi Brush (for my JI pressed foundation), I discovered how scratch-edy feeling my BE brush actually was. It wasn't long after that when I bought a 2nd JI Handi brush to use to apply my Jurlique Rose Silk Dust. You can't even begin to imagine how soft a Handi brush feels in comparison to my old BE brushes! Into the trash they all went and I've never looked back.

on 5/27/2005 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

for the price of these brushes, they should not shed. And they do. Every single time.

I use brushes from LaBellaDonna to apply mineral foundation - otherwise I'd have little brush hairs all over my face.

Very disappointing.

on 5/24/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love BE brushes (and I have quite a few). I've never had any of the shedding problems like some of the others. Before I got these, I also used brushes that shed, and it was SO annoying. The BE brushes are expensive, but I've bought quite a few off Ebay for less.

on 2/22/2005 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didnt have the bristles-falling-out problem that many here did. Its an excellent brush. I purchased this when I bought my Bare Minerals. It was expensive, but Sephora enticed me enough to buy it. Its a great brush, but I wish that I knew that there were cheaper ones out there that were just as good. This took a months allowance to get!

on 1/29/2005 9:32:00 PM

I received this brush with the Bare Escentual kit. I found it shedding within the first time using it. It has cont. to do so. It is also rough on the skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This brush is so much better than the Sonia Kashuk brush that I was using before and I love my SK brush. This one is much softer and doesn't shed at all.

Bare Escentuals have some of the best brushes. They never shed or fade after being washed. I love them.

Popular Makeup Brushes