August 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Large Face Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm the opposite of the previous review. I like this brush very much and don't care for the kabuki brush. This feels much softer to the touch, unlike the kabuki which feels bristly. I use this to apply my blush and get the right amount every time. That may be from trial and error. I've never experienced any shedding with any of the Bare Escentual brushes. Many of the reviews ( concerning shedding ) are from two, three, four years ago. Maybe, they are making these brushes better? I own two of the large face brush for two of my favorite blush. I would purchase these again, but that may be a long, long time. These brushes seem to hold up well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

It gave me an uneven and streaky application of my BE Powder Foundation. I care for this brush really at all, and feel that BE's Kabuki brush is a better brush to use, performance wise.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by DillyDilly

This brush is scratchy, it sheds, the bristles split with washings and I don't think it gives even application of any powder product. I replaced this with Sephora's Bronzer Brush and found much more even application of my BE products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 6:36:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I was using my regular BE foundation brush, thinking it was "top of the line," but after I bought my first Jane Iredale Handi Brush (for my JI pressed foundation), I discovered how scratch-edy feeling my BE brush actually was. It wasn't long after that when I bought a 2nd JI Handi brush to use to apply my Jurlique Rose Silk Dust. You can't even begin to imagine how soft a Handi brush feels in comparison to my old BE brushes! Into the trash they all went and I've never looked back.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2005 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kacesq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

for the price of these brushes, they should not shed. And they do. Every single time.

I use brushes from LaBellaDonna to apply mineral foundation - otherwise I'd have little brush hairs all over my face.

Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by aussiemrs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love BE brushes (and I have quite a few). I've never had any of the shedding problems like some of the others. Before I got these, I also used brushes that shed, and it was SO annoying. The BE brushes are expensive, but I've bought quite a few off Ebay for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBaybeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didnt have the bristles-falling-out problem that many here did. Its an excellent brush. I purchased this when I bought my Bare Minerals. It was expensive, but Sephora enticed me enough to buy it. Its a great brush, but I wish that I knew that there were cheaper ones out there that were just as good. This took a months allowance to get!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by anne00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this brush with the Bare Escentual kit. I found it shedding within the first time using it. It has cont. to do so. It is also rough on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is so much better than the Sonia Kashuk brush that I was using before and I love my SK brush. This one is much softer and doesn't shed at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2004 12:54:00 AM More reviews by WontPayRetail23

Bare Escentuals have some of the best brushes. They never shed or fade after being washed. I love them.