July 28, 2014 | 1016 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color Raisin #3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sylhui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read MUA a lot but this is my first review - I wanted to spread BB Raisin love that much.
Me: NC25-30, black hair dark eyes, Asian yellow skin tone.
Bobbi Brown Raisin is a great muted berry/ brick red on my pigmented lips and really does wonders to brighten my smile and complexion. I treat it as my less red MAC Viva Glam I (which is a great muted true red) because Raisin is semi matte and also a relatively bold color, but when I wear it I don't feel like people will say 'Oh, you're wearing a red lip' like the MAC. It has enough brown and berry in it to not scream red. It's a bit drying, but not as much as the MAC, and I feel it's less high maintenance.
To me, this is perfect for a work dinner or a business cocktail (I reserve my true reds for more glamorous, party type events). Also good dabbed on lightly for the daytime. It makes me feel polished and grown up and feminine. Lasting time is great so another plus.
I would highly recommend any ladies looking for a more everyday red to try Raisin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I guess that this must be one of those colors that looks different on different people. I don't find it reddish at all. It looks plummy brown just as described. It's very wearable and pigmented.

The formula of this lipstick is really nice. The finish is not matte, but it's not very creamy either. It lasts long, doesn't crease, or create that strange thick line of color around corners of your mouth. I really like it and will be getting more colors (I have one other so far). I never thought I would get into high end lipstick, but I have to say that this is worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this one of the times I actually feel guilty for spending so much time at a counter and not buying anything. I end up just picking something up and regretting it later. I'm usually into deeper and brighter colours - nude is not my thing at all although it looked lovely (and much deeper) in the tube.

I find this lipstick quite unsatisfying. It doesn't give my heavily pigmented lips much colour. I don't like the orangey smell either. It doesn't have much lasting power. The packaging is unmemorable. Just not an exciting lipstick overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by msloane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown's "Raisin" Lip Color is perfect for creating that effortlessly sexy, just-stepped-in-from-the-cold flush--the effect that I wanted from the "Slopes" Lip Color (Slopes is described as a "flushed red"). I was searching for that lip product that I could pat on lightly as a subtle stain during the day, and then apply more in the evening if I wanted a more dramatic lip look--without being too bright red or fuschia. Bobbi Brown lipsticks are known for their shades that stay true throughout the day with a creamy, matte finish--most of which have a neutral or brown base.

I am Filipina, with a warm, golden skintone (for anyone who uses Bobbi Brown foundation, I am 4.25 for reference). I also have naturally pigmented lips and because of this, even the lightest layer of Slopes pulled too brown-plum on me. But I think Slopes looks beautiful on cooler and neutral, fair skintones.

I returned to the Bobbi Brown counter the next day to exchange Slopes for something similar--the same depth of color but with a bit more red to it--"Raisin" does the trick! At least on me.

Lipstick is so personal in the sense that a shade can look complete different on two different women--depending not only on skin color but also undertone, and natural lip pigmentation that can "pull" different colors out of a lipstick.

Swatched on a white sheet of paper, Raisin is a deep, brown-based wine red. On my lips and against my warm, yellow skintone, it looks a bit rosier. Not too brown, just enough to keep it from appearing too bright.

Ladies, this a beautiful color, like so many MUA reviewers have already said. If you're looking for the lipstick that will deliver that natural, sexy, rosy flush on the lips I encourage you to RUN to your nearest Bobbi Brown counter and have a blast trying different lip colors, "Raisin" and "Slopes" included!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by mcampiz57

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this lipstick and I already love it. It is a deep winey burgundy color on my medium dark skin. It reminds me of Paramount by MAC. It is soft and satiny. It already seems like it will wear well. It will wear off without leaving a weird crust on your inner lip. It seems to add a nice flush color to my whole face. I'm sure it would look like a dark wine on lighter complexions. I love Bobbi Brown products so I wasn't surprised that I love it. All of her colors tend to stay on the natural side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great color. On my fair, warm skin it's very deep but still looks natural. You can layer it on for more color for a night look or do it sheer for daytime or casual. My only issue with this and why I didn't rate it a 5 is that over time, it began to dry my lips despite wearing balm, etc. underneath. I will probably give it a try again at some point because it was a perfect shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am just loving this lip color! I am becoming an aficionado's of Bobbi Brown's and her colors just work for my skintone. I bought this after buying Bobbi Brown's Metallic Lip Color "Berry" (#11), which I also love. The other reviewers have described the color well, as a brownish/berry color. It's not too red, not too brown. It also has a great, smooth texture while having good color payoff. It's admittedly a little pricey, but not outrageously so, when compared to other high end brands like Armani, D&G, Guerlain, etc. (which are typically around $30 or more). I also appreciate that this doesn't have any perfumes or strange scents. I haven't been this enthused about a lip color for a while and this is one of the better ones I have bought in quite some time. A big thumbs up!

Note: I initially gave this a 5 but now just, out of fairness, have to lower it to a 4 after I tried other lipsticks from Cle de Peau, Shu Uemura and Edward Bess. Those three now make up my HG "trinity" of lipsticks I am using most often now. I still love this but, it's not quite as moisturizing as those other three. In fact, over time it's started to dry out my lips a bit. I still love it for the color but others do have superior finishes, so out of fairness I need to lower this ranking a bit. Sorry Bobbi, I still love ya but love others more!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Russianlass

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shade! I had been wearing Rum Raisin and liked it okay. The Rum Raisin added some depth to my lips,but failed to add any brightness to my face. So, after reading some of the reviews here, I went to the Bobbi counter and asked to try Raisin. As soon as I put in on, I knew it was way better and more flattering than the Rum Raisin, I had been wearing. This is great classic shade that brightens the face and definitely makes the teeth look whiter. I put Bobbi brightening gloss in lilac over the Raisin and it looks great. I have had several people ask what shade of lipstick I am wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 5th BB lippie - got this after a makeover event in Soho and it's similar to a lot of my favorite shades only deeper. It's the perfect deep berry cream. Earthy but striking against dark hair and eyes. Great semi-matte texture and great staying power. I love that you can build the color of BB l/s. Love it! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

This is such a pretty color! I'm an NC30 and this is a bit deeper than my natural liptone. The other reviewers have described this shade well. Plummy brownish color. Pros: The color is very wearable. During the summer I blot it down to a stain and add gloss over it. Once Fall and winter come around I love wearing this full on! Does make your teeth look whiter. Very long wearing. Doesn't feather. I don't find the smell or taste to be offensive like some EL or Lancome lippies. Matte but with a slight sheen. Nice packaging. Cons: It's a bit pricey for a l/s especially when this is a pretty neutral shade and I'm sure there's a DS dupe somewhere. Can be drying so make sure you use a balm with it. Overall, it is a really nice lippie that most skin tones could pull off. Definitely worth a try if you don't mind shelling out the cash for it.