September 20, 2014 | 1377 users online

Scrubs - Epidermx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this for my indented scars. To me it feels just like baking soda.. They say to rub it in for a while on your problem spots. Well I did that every week til the jar was empty which doesn't take very
long. I don't care for the jar either, you better have a spatula readly or else you can contaminate the jar. I used the oil along with it. I was too ruff on my sensitive skin & the oil didn't do anything either. Acturally I broke out in small red pimples in some spots . It didn't help at all with my scars, I found a gentle exfoiant called Aqua Cure. It's on youtube.that helps a lot more taking off dead skin. It's a clear & made mostly of water & you can see the balls of skin fall off after leaving it on for 30 sec. After using Epidermix I used the Aqua Cure & so much more skin came off showing me the Epidermix didn't take much off. I won't be buying it again. Scared to use the oil too because of the breakouts after.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products which makes me wonder how many of the reviews and articles on the internet have been written by the manufacturer.
Don't get me wrong, it's a fine product that's worth using, but it is not greatly different from other proper* exfoliators I've tried, plus there's a little red flag popping up for me about the indie company who makes it. I don't quite trust them. I bought direct and had the most horrible customer service experience which made me question their integrity across the board. Their before and after pictures are also poor quality and questionable.
(*By 'proper' I mean ones with actual fine gritty bits in it, as opposed to those ridiculous little soft balls of plasticy material which do nothing at all to exfoliate.)
Anyway, the product itself contains very fine, very gritty material which seems to do a good job of exfoliating without causing undue irritation. It's worth it for that. I just would take all of the 'miracle' talk coming from the owner of the business with a hefty bag of salt, and be careful who you order from.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Marsaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Clearly the best mechanical scrub around in my view. I started using this a couple of years ago then moved on to other scrubs to finally go back to it as I found that nothing beat it.

My skin is pretty good, with no real damage so I don't know how effective it would be on skin that has severe acne/scarring but at my level (little bits of hyperpigmentation and a few blemishes), it is great. My skin is now even toned, smooth and glowing.

To be used daily though, as microdermabrasion rather than just a scrub, in order to get evident results.

Packaging needs to be completely reviewed - the jar format is a haven for bacteria...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I found out about this product thanks to makeupalley! I was dealing with textured and blotchy skin when I decided to give it a try. The jar itself is pretty nice but I wish the product were dispensed differently so contamination would not be a problem. To make up for this I use a tiny spatula (received from Garden of Wisdom with one of their scrubs). I was amazed at how well this scrub worked for my skin. It literally smoothed out my complexion and minimized post-acne marks and pigmentation. I've tried a lot of scrubs and this one is by far superior to all.
I use a tiny amount and spread some on my forehead and cheeks. Then I gently scrub for the recommended 30 seconds on problems areas. At first it does cause some redness by it subsides in a few minutes. It rinses pretty clean despite the oils in it and does not leave my face tight or dry but comfortable and soft. And I only use it at night. I tried using it in the mornings, but I think it was too much exfoliation and I actually broke out. After that I used it only at nighttime and it slowly but surely cleared up my breakouts and smoothed out minor scarring.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by babochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing , I have shallow scars(which I had after co2 fractional laser ) And I can see those ugly scars fading . Or the least they can be hidden by regular foundation. I had a dull skin and some red spots which are all gone now . The only problem it makes me breakout some times but I will keep using it untill I get rid of my scars. Acne isn't my main problem now ,And my breakouts aren't that bad , Just a tiny whiteheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Cuci

Good basic scrub. It reminds me l'Oreal dermabrasion scrub which is still my favorite.
The Epidermx has a runny texture and seems to be quite gentle to skin.
It didn't make a big difference to my appearance because I had always been using different scrubs and peels a lot.. but if to compare with "those" scrubs it is one of the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lynettecw

I've been using Epidermx II for a month now and it's really one of those products that has made a big difference in my quality of my skin. I've been using Retin-A for almost a year and still was battling flakies around my mouth and chin. Even with using things like emu oil and other exfoliation scrubs/towels I had flakies. Epidermx II has improved the flakiness by at least 90%.

It makes my skin look close to pore-less and radiant. It looks good not just after I use it, but all day. It has never felt smoother either. I use it 1 or 2 times a day -- I wait an hour before putting on Retin-A in the evening. I know this is pretty rigorous but my skin is loving it so far.

The only downside is the price. I don't think the jar will last me very long. I'm hoping that maybe I can cutback at some point? Otherwise I would use it all over: stretch marks, hands, elbows . . .

I'm taking off a lippie for price.

For me the hype around Epidermx is not hype at all. It works, it shows results quickly, and works beyond my expectations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have previously used this product but on and off but after reading more rave reviews about how it can remove acne marks, I gave thsi another try along with the Chrysalyx. I am on probably 3.5 week of using this scrub and it doesnt seem to be working even when i am using it every morning, scrubbing extra long on the areas that it more severe.
However, I wont give up yet, I will the whole 2 jars up before deciding whether it works or not.
This is not scratchy at all, but it is best to use on damp skin and not on dry skin as it can be slightly scratchy. It has a slight coconut smell to it which is very pleasant to use.
UPDATE- aftering being so patient with this product, I've taken another lippe off and will not repurchase it as I really dont see what the hype is. It just doesnt get rid of the flakies and doesnt keep acne at bay. i think its better if u buy a cheapo microfibre cloth instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and EVERYTHING breaks me out, so I was worried that this stuff would break me out too, but since I started using it I have not had a single break out!!! My skin has never been this clear in my whole life!!!!! Not only that, but after using it every day for just a week, my acne scars had faded so much that I could go out in public without make up. I went ahead and bought another jar for back up because I simply can't go without this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by brend

I've only used this once, so perhaps it's too early to write a review, but I'll update once in a while to share any good news (hopefully!). After reading the raves about this in MUA boards and in the reviews, I was quite hyped up to use this the day it arrived. I scrubbed till the scrub dried up and was ready to feel the smoothest skin ever after rinsing but didn't get that. But am not discouraged: my skin has been the smoothest it has ever been since I started using PC's BHA, Silkia Camellia oil and Diacneal. Perhaps that's the smoothest my skin will ever be. But will continue using it in conjunction with the camellia oil, in the hopes that it'll help get rid of my acne scars faster.