October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - Catherine Deneuve Buffer Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by calif_maki

I was so disappointed - yes it had soft hairs and I so wanted to love it but it shed like crazy - not just 3 or 5 hairs. IT SHED A LOT. I thought I just needed to wash it first and so I did and it still shed A LOT. Everytime I used it, there would be brush hairs on the sink and on my chest (or my top).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2007 7:01:00 AM More reviews by mdenbraber

This brush really doesn't live up to the hype. I bought it on ebay at $45 and it won't stop shedding. I've had it for half a year now and every time I use it, it sheds like crazy. I've washed it over and over again, have no clue what else to do with it than throw it away. I've never had this with one of my Chanel brushes. Very very very disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by JLEEMARKOWITZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i could not agree more with the comment below! this is HEAVEN for your face,this is THE tool that gives me a flawless face day after day!
i have to honestly say i love this more then my treasured 187 & my 188!
go buy it,you will realize afterwards that the price was WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBabe

Every woman should do themselves a favour and buy this brush. I bought the 182 version and I honestly do not know how I have managed without it. It applies powder and blush like no other brush I have used. It's hard to explain without seeing it yourself. Women - when you see how this brush works on your face you will quickly realize price is not a factor. An absolute must for all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sewpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the BEST face brush ever! HG for a flawless face. If you wear powder foundation like Studio Fix or Bare products, this IS an essential brush. It buffs the powder into perfection. The only thing I don't care for is that MAC does not make a case for this brush. Even if I had to buy it seperately, it would be totally worth it to protect my favorite brush and be able to travel with it w/o fear of bristle breakage. Do you hear me MAC? Make the kabuki case already!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the total black one from the A Muse collection. It's the best kabuki brush you can find for applying mineral mu. It makes the application piece of cake and also it blends the foundation so well. I will definetely continue buying it although it costs 45 euros!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LoLaMae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have the LE Catherine Deneuve Buffer Brush, but I do have the regular MAC 182 Buffer brush. Same thing, just different collections/packaging. I had heard so many rave reviews for this product, but couldn't plop down almost $50 *gulp* for this brush. Finally, I decided I would take the plunge. I wish I had done so sooner. I thought I had already achieved my HG "flawless face" look. I usually just use LM tinted moisturizer and BE mineral veil... I used to use SK's powder brush and sort of "buffed" it in myself. MAC's brush makes all the difference. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!!!! If you don't have this brush, you need to do yourself a favor and buy it!!!! It is the best investment that I've made as far as brushes go. GO! RUN!! :) One downside, the packaging. You would think it would come in its own little case or something like that. I'd love to be able to take this with me everywhere, but I can't because it comes wrapped in some flimsy paper in a flimsy plastic thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best facebrush ever (... so is Mac's fndt. brush of course) So soft and perfect to use with both bronzer, blush, powder and mineral fndt. I couldn't be more pleased... of course it would have helped if it was a bit cheaper, but who cares when it's as good as this=) If I ever loose it I would try the regular version. (since this is LE)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2006 4:44:00 AM More reviews by d_copper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let's get the bad points over with first. The brush has basically no packaging except a flimsy plastic tube and plastic wrap around the brush itself. As for the price, expensive as for a kabuki. More than Bobbi Brown, Chanel etc etc.
However, the quality is amazing. I just got mine - a normal MAC 182 and it is very soft, very dense. I never knew what other people meant when they say they just want to brush their face with the 182 until now. It is beautiful.

I also choose this rather than a-Squirrel or Japanese kabuki because the other were either not as soft or not as dense. I bought a kabuki from the internet and there is just no comparison.
Love this to bits.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this brush! Sooo dense and soft, and not scratchy at all. The permanent version is the #182 buffer brush, which has a black handle as opposed to the gold handle of the ltd. edition Catherine Deneuve brush. I use this to buff my mineral foundation. This picks up the right amount of loose powder, evenly distributing it for a flawless finish. MAC brushes are worth the splurge because of the unsurpassed quality.