Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 7/29/2015 10:02:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask and apply it on the regular at least once a week. Put on a favorite show and let it sit usually 30 min, I mix it w milk (lactic acid for exfoliation ) and garlic as well as few drops of fresh lemon juice. Smell doesn't bother me, results are amazing. I usually make a batch of it once a month and freeze it in small bags so that it's not a chore but rather spa like expirience. I think you could come up w infinite recepies but I love this one the best since milk makes it really creamy and lovely to put on. I've tried Bulgarian rose oil and milk too and it's amazing. To note my skin is very acnegenic and this keeps it nice and clear. Five stars all around .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this while on vacation, so naturally I didn't have any AC vinegar with me at the time, so I just used water. It didn't mix too well, and was applying in chunks. As it dried it felt a little too drying; didn't notice too much of a difference in my skin as I rinsed. HOWEVER, when I got back home, I tried it with ACV like the container suggested, and it made a lovely, creamy, muddy consistency that we all love! It also started fizzing as soon as the ACV was added, and I think this contributed to the smoothness and easier mixing. While applying this, it went on smoothly, and I could build up the thickness on the areas I needed it. I could actually feel it pulsate rather than just pull and dry (like it did with the water) and it felt really cool! As soon as I washed it off, my skin felt smooth, and a lot of my acne had been brought closer to the surface to be treated. One of my whiteheads actually disappeared as I wiped off the mask (I guess the mask sort of dissolved it?). The next day, my skin was clearer, and my acne had gone down a lot in redness, swelling, and size. Just make sure you moisturize very well after this mask and you should be great!!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing ! I seen a vast improvement after just one use. I use a plastic bowl and spoon to mix it (metal should be avoided). You a spoon to scoop out because if you try to pour it out it will spill everywhere. I mix mine with Bragg's ACV but if it feels too strong just use water. Sometimes I add tumeric powder just a pinch which helps to lighten dark marks and remove facial hair. I leave the mask on for 30 mins and you can literally feel it pulling out the toxins. If you have dry skin follow up with a moisturizer it can be a bit drying and use only once per week. If you have fair skin follow up with a toner to remove any tint or residue left. The clay will last you close to forever and works the best to clear my skin next to a large water intake. I purchased it at a natural market in my neighborhood but Whole Foods and Iherb have it.

on 7/16/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me preface by saying that this is an absolute chore to put on, allow to dry, take off etc but it is the ONLY thing that has ever gotten rid of those hard to treat flesh colored bumps under the skin on my forehead. Sure, the Origins Clay Mask is great for extracting white heads but it does not hold a candle to what this can do. The reason why I can't give it five stars is because my skin gets an extremely itchy reaction while the mask is working its magic - sometimes so unbearable that I have to take it off before it dries completely. Other than that, I would repurchase due to how affordable and effective it is.

honest to god if i only had $10 to buy one face mask for the ultimate face mask investment i would buy the aztec secret indian clay mask. this really is a secret clay mask. combo oily sometimes i break out. i get lazy to use this even tho it only take a few minutes it has never let me down. it drains my redness too. i use erno lazlo which is a good skin care line but sometimes i still have redness and i always see a noticeable difference after using this. man does it feel like it works it really pulsates the fu$% out of ur face making it feel tight(which i like) all i use mainly is apple cider vinegar a cheap brand and mix it evenly w the benzodite clay. it definately helps keep pore clear and clear and its a tough mother fuc*%er!!! it tights ur face like paralysis (dont let me scare you lol) it is stiff but it works i do not smile so that it does not crack. leave it on 30 minute or so when i feel like it i keep it wet so it doesnt dry out. it is so versatile u can put anything in it and it will still perform. i have tried the julep mint mask but it doesnt really show work like this does. ladies there is a reason this is always almost sold out at the vitamin shoppe it lasts forever . it is out of this world i know that much

on 7/15/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably one of my favorite masks that always helps clearing and shrinking acne, and helps bring them to a head faster.

I'd give this 5 stars but the reason I'm not is because it leaves my face feeling dry despite having oily skin, I do add honey on occasion though.
I've been using this for a year and I rarely touch any other face masks, and I'm a face mask junkie. I use it twice a week, to hopefully get my skin looking decent for the weekend, which is usually does.
I mix it with ACV of course, which doesn't sting my skin in any way, and my face rarely pulsates now but it does on occasion. This is going to sound REALLY gross, but if I have a big, sore pimple, I can feel it pulsating big time on that spot (not sure if good or bad), most likely because it's already tender. I leave it on until it dries then I rinse off because it tightens so much it pulls my skin slightly in certain areas which I'm not a fan of.

I also get breakouts on my chest (lovely) and I use this to spot treat them. I've used it on mosquito bites too which calms them.
This is like $5-$6 and it'll last you a reaaaaally long time, you don't need a ridiculously thick layer.

If you are super prone to breakouts like I am you should definitely try this out, and you may or may not "purge". So be wary.

on 7/14/2015 6:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really like this mask! I tried it awhile ago with water and didn't think it was that great and found it too drying, but recently tried it with apple cider vinegar and it makes a big difference! (I use the braggs organic with the "mother" still in it.)

Been using twice a week. I have quite dry combo skin so i don't let it completely dry(20/25 mins max.) I had such clogged pores due to trying out a chanel foundation and this unblocked them brilliantly on my t-zone after 2 uses!

Keep in mind the first time you use it, it can cause a break out because it is bringing clogged pores to a head(So don't do it before an important event.), the 2nd time you use it this stops, and it also prevents further breakouts.

I just don't get it...everytime I use this stuff I break out in 2-5 HORRIBLY painful cystic pimples within the next 3 days. I like the pulsating feeling..at the time it really feels like it's cleaning my skin. And the morning after I use it my skin always looks more even and "glowy"...but it never fails...2 days later I start feeling these planets emerging on my face (and they do not heal quickly at all) maybe it's just coincidence...but I've tried this stuff like 5 times and I don't think I'll be using it again. I hear it's good for hair too. Maybe I'll try that.

on 7/1/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

VERY IMPORTANT: This type of clay is very alkaline, so please do not put it on your skin without altering the pH first. I made this mistake and I ended up with damaged skin barrier and a breakout. I'm so glad I gave this another chance even after that! I now mix it with apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice, both of which bring down the pH of the clay and create a wonderfully fluffy mousse.

The second most important thing to remember when using this mask is to never let it dry completely! While it is moist it will absorb unwanted compounds and oils from the skin, but once it begins to dry, it loses that ability. Instead, it will start drawing moisture from the skin, making it red and raw. Even if you have oily skin, losing water is not a good thing!

Third, masks need to be used regularly get results and maintain them. Yes, this clay will shrink your pores and reduce your sebaceous filaments, but you have to use it at least once a week (maybe twice or thrice upon starting the regimen).

My favorite combo so far: lemon juice (brightening vitamin C), honey (humectant), clay, and turmeric (lightening). In the future, I plan on making a 5% solution with vitamin C powder + water to try with this mask. This clay is extremely versatile, so don't be afraid to experiment!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I feel like this product has been over hyped and I'm actually quite disappointed. The only time I saw some difference with my skin was after the first application. My face looked a little bit clearer and I had a glow the next morning. However, since then it hasn't done anything for my skin. It's not glowing, it's not clear and in actual fact the texture of my skin is starting to look rough. I followed the instructions and I even experimented with different liquids (water, vinegar and honey/plus different moisturizers afterwards). I used it constantly and then I used it less to figure out which worked best. At times I left it on for 10 minutes and then once after reading someone else's suggestion on here(which I later regretted big time), I left it on for an hour and let me tell you, THAT WAS EXTREMELY PAINFUL. My skin was red raw and it felt like severe sun burn on my face. I felt sick and I had to use an ice pack. When I've used it for less time, I didn't mind the pulsating effect but I didn't like the intense tightening. I'm always eager to get it off as soon as it dries so I can't say it's a relaxing experience. The only positive I can think of is that it does do a good job of drying out spots so I may still use it occasionally for small breakouts.

Popular Masks