April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Self Tanners - Boots - No7 Quick Dry Tinted Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hellohi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. I bought it on clearance at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for $7 (regular price, around $21). I exfoliated before applying right after my shower, and waited 10 minutes to get into some loose-fitting clothes (just as a precaution for stains), then I went to sleep about an hour later. Luckily, I got NO stains whatsoever! Even though it says you can wash off the product within 2 hours (I didn't, because I wanted the full effect of the product). I woke up the next morning looking beautifully sunkissed and NOT ONE STREAK TO BE SEEN! I got medium-dark (simply because they didn't have one for light skin tones on sale), but it worked perfectly, even though I have ivory skin. I would recommend this to anyone no matter what skin tone, since it doesn't make you orange at all. Although, it didn't make me as tanned as I anticipated, so I put it on again the next day (to add another layer) and so far my skin looks great, and not fake at all. Love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by lonetabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this on clearance at Target and had to give it a shot, as I like other Boots products. I was definitely pleased, it doesn't turn me too orange, doesn't cause bad streaking, and after one application I was amazingly darker. The smell isn't as bad as most, though it still smells like fake tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by niff524

This was the first tanner I ever tried (bought in at Boots on sale 2 years ago... for 1!!!!!) and since I've tried 5-6 other products but this is easily the best out of them. For reference I'm Asian, NC30 and have this lotion in Medium/Dark. Out of all the self-tanners I've tried (e.g. Maybelline, Evian, Nivea and oh yes, the dreadful Johnsons Holiday Skin...), this definitely gives the most realistic colour - a believable brownish tan as opposed to bright orange (maybe due to the yellow undertones in my skin, most self-tanners tend to turn orange on me). It dries relatively quickly. I can usually put my clothes on after about 10 minutes!! The smell is noticeable but no worse than others. I find the tint helpful as a colour guide. Another I like about this self-tanner is that after one application, I already develop a noticeable tan!! And in my experience it fades evenly without the 'skin-disease effect' ;)) Overall a decent product and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mercedes_123

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This self tanner is really nauseating!!! It gave me such a headache that I had to wash it off immediately! Will not buy ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

I starting using Savage Bronze back in 2002 (thanks MUA!) and recently had to find a suitable replacement when SB left the shelves. Boots No7 is available at most Target stores (check online at target.com for which ones carry it) and for $15 I get a very believable tan. I am pretty fair and I picked up the Medium-Dark which came out medium to light on my skin. I'd recommend skipping the lighter color option! My recommendations: exfoliate your entire body first, and buy some disposable gloves for application (you can pat some baby powder on your hands before putting on the gloves to keep from sticking to the inside of the gloves). The tanning lotion WILL go on orange and it WILL dye your palms bright orange FAST if you do not use the gloves. Don't worry about the orange application, it unnerved me a little at first, but the end result is beautiful. If you get orange palms, scrubbing won't help much -- here's a tip, remove it with baking soda (removes about 85% of the tanner). Comes in a pump, you get a little over 8 oz for $14.99, and has the most pleasant self tanner smell I've tried so far.

updated 10/17/08:
While it did work, the parabens and chemicals in this product and all others I have tried over the years made it an easy call to dump it. I now use, for special occasions only, Lavera Sunless Tan and love it. See review for Lavera for further info.

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After L'oreal changed my beloved Sublime Self-Tanner (and ruined it!) I've been on the hunt for a good self-tanner that will add some color to my skin without making me look orange, streaky, or like I have some sort of weird skin disease.

So far, the search has been long and frustrating.

Until I found this. I bought it on a whim while I was at Target- it was $12 for a good sized bottle, so I figured why not? Even though I am very fair and pale, I bought the "Medium/Dark" formula. I'm very familiar with self-tanners, and they are the only ones that will give me a realistic looking tan.

I won't lie- I was a bit alarmed when I first pumped some of the self-tanner out of the bottle- it's orange! VERY orange. Most self-tanners with a bronzer included will be brown in color- not orange.

It really made me think twice about using it- what if turned ME orange?

Thankfully, it didn't. And it hasn't. How, I do not know....but this lotion WORKS! I've been using this every few days for the past few weeks and it gives an awesome, realistic looking, non-orange tan. Even though the formula is bright orange, it surprisingly doesn't leave my skin that color at all.The formula is light and soft feeling, and it rubs right in to the skin. It's almost impossible to mess up- I've had no problems with streaks with this one.

The only downfall is the orangey hue- it will stain hands, so you must apply this with gloves or give your hands a good scrubbing with soap and a fingernail brush.

I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by la_clique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, a tanner that lasts and doesn't smell like chemical death, doesn't smell great, but tolerable and I don't fell like I stink for days. It is pretty easy to apply, and you can wipe off excess around ankles, knees, for a while after you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good self tanner. Its tinted so you can tell where you applied it. It (in the light/medium) goes on even though I totally suck at applying self tanner. Because it is a very light tanner I don't have lines all over the place, refer back to sucking at applying these. It has a very light scent which I liked and wont interfere with perfumes. Also it dries quickly and doesn't leave you feeling like a sticky mess and worrying about ruining your cloths.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by asaryen

This is one of the few selftanner my sensitive skin tolerates. It is hypo allergenic. The color is pretty natural. But there is some selftanner smell to it..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this product years ago (old yellow packaging). It was recommended by a friend who'd been recommended by a friend! No wonder, we were all fair skinned ladies and it was so easy to use and gave a really natural looking, streak-free tan. I have never used another self-tanner since trying this one, it was my HG. However with the recently updated No7 packaging, they have also changed the formula. The bottle looks a lot nicer and is now a pump (great, less mess). The actual lotion is now a lot thicker (used to run everywhere before), but I've noticed I am using a lot more now. It took me years to get through my old bottle, the new one - I had to repurchase in months. The colour goes on slightly darker than before and therefore streaks are visible, I would say the colour lasts longer (but then so do the mistakes!). I think it is a lot more quick drying than the old one, so this is a plus. Overall, I'm really dissappointed that as I find my HG, the formula has to change, and not for the better. I would still buy more and do use it all the time, but I am now more open to trying other brands, that won't streak as much.