August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I love this stuff! Strawberry Body Polish costs $20 & even though the price makes me cringe, it's it's one of my favourite shower gels from The Body Shop. It exfoliates, but very gently & I don't mind that because I have sensitive skin. Many HAVE pointed out that it doesn't scrub well & that's proooobably it isn't a scrub. It's a body polish. The Body Shop HAS scrubs & this isn't one. It's really not fair to say this isn't abrasive enough because it's not supposed to be... that's why you can use it every day. It's actually a gel & it foams/lathers.

It smells sweet & fruity like natural fruit does. There is real fruit & seeds in it! I cleanse 2 or 3 times a week with this & when I do, I feel like my skin is left softer & cleaner than it would be if I didn't have it as part of my routine. The little bit of scrub it does have really does remove any extra dirt & oils off my body. I like having a body scrub that moisturizes & conditions without stripping my skin. I like that this is in a squeeze tube as opposed to a tub or contained because it's easier to use when I'm in the shower. I don't want to bother with a twist top & scraping product out with my fingers! My only complaint is the price. $20 is a lot for this, as much as I love it.

NOTE: As I mentioned, this does contain real fruit & seeds so there will sometimes be seeds left on the bottom on your shower. I have to detach my shower head & spray them down the drain when this happens.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

really itchy feeling on skin when I use this and very sickly sent! couldn't finish product so I gave it away!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of the entire range.
I'm not sure about its effectiveness as a body scrub, mostly because you have to use it daily.
About the packaging, not a fan of the cap, it trends to retain water.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by teyha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm not a big fan of any strawberry's theme products mainly because of it's strong smell,but this one is an exception. it doesn't do much 'polish' but still the seeds feel nice on my skin and it leaves some lingering sweet strawberry smell that i like. it's tad bit expensive for such small amount,but i still think it's worth it and gonna do the repurchase soon

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Nice smell, but not very scrubby at all. I need more hardcore exfoliation. wouldnt repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rochiebum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite body shop products!
I love it as an everyday body exfoliater because it gets rid of that dead skin and doesn't leave my skin feeling raw. I find it most effective when used with exfoliating gloves (also makes the wash last longer when used with gloves or a sponge)
My favourite thing about this product is that the exfoliating agent is crushed walnut shells and kewi seeds, and offcourse the amazing smell that's left on your skin! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A nice daily body wash with gentle exfoliating beads to give a scrubbed clean feel, it's wonderful when I feel itchy and sweaty. It has a rich lather and it's not drying, although I like to use a body lotion afterwards anyway. The only problem I have with this body polish is that I'm not really a fan of the scent. In fact, I find the scent of the whole strawberry line from the Body Shop to be too artificial. I love strawberries but this to me is not a true strawberry scent. I know a lot of people like the scent here but to me it just smells artificially sweet.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The sweet smell of strawberrys in this product is nice, other than that this is your typical shower gel, I dont understand why they call these soaps body polishes when they do not make the skin glow or even exfoliate. If there was a really great sale on these I might buy them again other than that I will pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love love love the smell. Ill normally just sit there and sniff it!
The packaging is really good. the price is pretty crazy.
This is def not a true expholiator! Its really just for the smell.
I would re buy it if it came on sale.But other then that, prob not

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I love this. It really helps the small bumps I have on my legs that are like tiny ingrown hairs, but just a little red bump. It also really helps the similar small red bumps just above my elbows. The scent isn't overpowering and I don't notice it through my other body wash. I definitely use this as some extra exfoliating and it doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all. There's more than enough little exfoliating beads besides the big kiwi ones. If there were any more beads, I'd feel like my skin was being peeled off.

I'm assuming this isn't equal to a sugar scrub or something like that, but as I mentioned before, perfect for sensitive skin.