January 31, 2015 | 926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Ladybugskywalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When it comes to body shop, one of my favorite scents is strawberry. I like the fruity smell, makes me wanna just dig in (don't do it). Yes, it smells like stalrawberry flavoured candy and if you don't like scents like that then this may not be for you.

This body butter has a very thick creamy texture, which I think is suitable in dry, winter conditions. I live in a tropical weather and this might not be as useful but I bought it because I'm a sucker for the scent. I bought the bigger container and wished I have bought a smaller one because I don't have to use a lot of it. So if you stay in a similar weather then buy the smaller container or its going to take u a long time to finish it.

So far the scent stays a bit longer than I expected and it doesn't smell yucky or differently after a while. Because its thick I use it on places like elbows and knees and sole of feet. It sinks in very well and non greasy, which is what I like.

So far I don't have any allergic reaction towards body shop products and if you're the same then this might not give you any problem.

The packaging is jar like, which I think is unhygienic if you dip in but I use a plastic spoon for cosmetics and scoop as much as I want, so its no big deal. Plus, the jar is hard plastic so I don't need to worry about it being squeeze under the weight of the luggage like bottle lotions

A thumbs up for this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 6:30:00 PM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This body butter smells amazing. I sinks into the skin really quickly and the smell lingers around for ages. I'm constantly repurchasing this as it's one of the only body lotions I've found that doesn't break me out in a rash. My only complaint is that it does't last very long which is a pain because it's kind of on the pricey side (AUD$26.99). But the whole strawberry line from The Body Shop smells incredible and I'll probably always hav at least on thing with this scent in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by timtamz07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This little pot I use is so cute and I use it as a hand cream and that's all I have to say. I love the smell of it which i never get tired of. All the products in the body shop are al in the pricey side but they are really worth it. I got this body butter as a present along with the strawberry bar of soap, body lotion and shower gel. Woe that day I use it all up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kagurarox

I've gotten a few compliments on the scent when I was wearing this body butter. I went to The Body Shop and smelled the different body butters, and prefer this scent over most of the others. It smells like strawberries and cream. I only buy it though when it's on sale, since like most of The Body Shop products, it's pretty pricey. It's smooth, smells good, and makes your skin soft and without making it greasy. Just be careful not to leave it in a hot car, or it'll melt and spill all over your car. >.<

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this sooo much! I would give 10 stars for overall if I could :) it is true that it works well for dry skin but because my oily acne prone skin is predominantly around my face and shoulders (where I dont use this product anyway!) it's fine for slightly oily skin as long as used in not too oily areas and in moderation, so don't feel that it's particulatly good for dry skin scare you off :) so beautiful and men can't get enough of it! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hippolyte93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love love this product...the smell is AMAZINGGG and sticks to the skin for a long while...very moisturizing however what i don't like about it is that it takes some time to sink into my skin...can't get dressed directly after applying it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Ada9898

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This body butter is great for dry skin! It is slightly sticky when applied. The only con about this product for me is the smell. But for strawberry-lovers it must be fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Themakeupdreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS BODY BUTTER!
it goes on my skin a little bit gooey but dries smooth and makes my skin smell really yummy. Since I have oily skin it definitely helps me in that area. BUY THIS BODY BUTTER!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

amazing body butter. not greasy. Slight stickiness. thick consistency. long lasting smell. moisturIzing. if you have dry or itchy skin you might want to try this. it has a sweet smell that smells like strawberry and rubber at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As an avid strawberry lover, I was very excited to try this body butter. Loving the smell of it in the tub I bought it right away- however I was very disappointed by how fast the scent dissipated from my skin.
It has a mild scent- so maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised- but after using the 'Pink Grapefruit' body butter for months, this smell was quite a let down for me.
It's certainly not gross smelling or anything of the sort; the formula is lovely (as always) but it's a very subtle scent.

If you're only wearing this body butter, don't expect to have people compliment your smell- they won't smell anything.