December 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is good enough to keep the little frizz at bay and for what it is about protecting the hair color, I couldn't say much... My hair color still faded with the use of this spray although it was shinier, it seemed at least. For the price itís a decent product, but for sure you can get something more professional letís say that would protect the hair more and at the same time prevent the color from fading. Itís worth a try, it might just do the job perfectly for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amaze-balls!
As background, my hair is long, wavy, some-what tangly, and is NOT dyed/color-treated. I didn't use this when coming out of the shower, but rather used them in the morning before heading out. I'd give about 5 sprays on the ends of my hair and then brush through. This doesn't seem like much but it really did enhance the natural waves of my hair without the frizz. It also made my hair look a little more polished by reducing a random tight curl here and a straight strand of here there. Great for adding texture too!
The price online doesn't seem like much and I use it so little that I don't mind spending $6-$10 on it.
One thing that's misleading about the packaging is that it's more of a squirt rather than a spray. Make sure you aim well. I do like that it's not a fine 'mist' b/c I actually get product in my hair without spraying so much.
I got really lucky with this product. I actually found it here and swapped it because I didn't find anything else on the other swappers list - boy am I glad that I did that!
I've only got a bit of this product left and am looking into repurchasing as soon as I'm done my other hair products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hannahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff makes your hair smell amazing, but it's a mediocre product otherwise. It does help with combing through wet hair, but if you use too much it can leave a strange, straw-like texture when it dries. I picked up a couple bottles from the dollar store, so I certainly can't complain too much, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by missannster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is the best. i actually found it in big lots for $3 so i picked up two. i used it several years ago in college and it was my go to product at the time for my blonde/thick/long hair to make it soft and detangled. i haven't been able to find it for a few years and just recently tried to locate it on drugstore.com or even ebay with no luck! so i was so excited when i found it again. the smell is great and it makes my hair feel healthier. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised by the reviews on here! I really like this product. I have pretty thin hair, and it doesn't weigh it down at all. Make sure you're not spraying too much. The smell is awesome, and although it doesn't really illuminate my hair, it does make it much easier to comb through. I love it, don't knock it till you try it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by no_bullshit

This is a cute bottle but it offers nothing. Nothing! The glitter stuff doesn't even show up, it also weighs my hair down and doesn't even make it shiny. Dull, sucky product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like using Dove products because they tend to be easier on my skin and hair than others, which can be harsh and damaging. I bought this after I began to notice that my color-treated has was loosing it's oomph and becoming pretty dull. Obviously, the glimmering, pink bottle caught my eye. I bought it for a couple dollars (probably less than $5). That's good, because this product did nothing (literally). It added no extra shine, it didn't control frizz, it didn't help with anything. It did, however, weigh my hair down a little, which irritated the heck out of me. It's almost like this is oil and glitter, minus the shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was an on-the-whim purchase. I have fine hair, and I have chunky highlights. My hair is not dry, but, I figured that this would be an additional benefit to my every work morning hair routine. I use B&B thickeing spray, Avedas volumnizer, Paul Mitchells root lifter, and Doves shine spray. This spray is DEFINATELY lighter then John Friedas Brilliant Brunette line - and does add a very slight shimmer. For a drug store purchase, I have no complaints. This spray isnt a miracle worker, but it doesnt weigh my hair down, and it also does leave a pretty scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jfjinca

All this stuff did was make my hair feel dirty (immediately after application and it only got worse) and crunchy (to the touch). I have oily hair and I'd rather have that feeling than the feeling this gave me.

I dumped it out of the bottle (thankfully it was cheap...now I know why) and I'm going to use it as a water bottle to set my mineral makeup. It has a fine spray pump, which is exactly what I want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just didn't do anything at all for my hair. The bottle sure is pretty though. (i got the light pink version)