April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Toners - Burt's Bees - Lavender Complexion Mist

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by lmblazer

I love the smell of lavender, so this smells good, but didn't do anything else for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by christianadivine

i tried this out because i need a mist that was hydrating, and something that would be great to set my mineral makeup with. it didn't really hydrate my skin all that well. i prefer my aubrey organics sparkling mineral water spray, as it hydrates my skin much better and sets my mineral makeup perfectly. the aubrey organics spray also costs less than this spray. another thing, i wasn't too crazy about the smell of this product. it had this woodsy-ish smell that i wasn't too crazy about, and it was very harsh. i prefer the subtle scent of my aubrey organics spray and i won't be repurchasing this burt's bees product again. i was disappointed with this purchase unfortunately.

but i think this would be good to set mineral makeup, IF you DON'T need any extra hydration. that's why i gave it 2 lippies instead of 1.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice spray. I use this after cleansing and toner, and before moisturizer. I spritz my face, or spray some onto a cotton pad and swipe over my skin, and let it soak in. Smells great and adds just a touch of good, natural moisture. Also great for setting mineral makeup! Overall a very nice product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Smells lovely and the ingredients are as pure and natural as you'd want them to be (only purified water and essential oils, basically. I use this to "set" my mineral makeup and it does a decent job of adding some moisture so that the minerals melt into my skin and look even more natural. I do wish the spray were finer, but it's adequate and I am glad that I can refill it easily with spring water and my own essential oils. Very inexpensive for what it is and I would repurchase in theory, but will just be reusing the bottle.

ETA: It's about three years later and I'm still using the cute little bottle (hasn't rusted out, nor has the label peeled off). I just fill it with mineral water, add a few drops of essential oil (usually five drops of lavender and two or three drops of something else, depending on my skin...tea tree oil when it's warm and something soothing like chamomile when it's cool). Just shake it up and spray it toward your face from above, so that you get a gentle mist floating down to your face rather than a blast of water.

I use this to set my makeup. It takes any powdery look away without adding shine and makes eyeshadow and blush melt into the skin better. It's also incredibly refreshing to spritz your face and neck when it's warm and you're feeling sticky and gross (keep the bottle in the fridge for this).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love spraying it on my face right before putting on my moisturizer. If this were a bit more concentrated, it'd make a lovely perfume spray! I've even used this to ward off bugs in the summer...which isn't meant to scare anyone but rather to say how versatile this spray is. This mist contains the oils of lavender, cedar, and bergamot orange. Light and refreshing, this is one of my favorite Burt's Bees products.