April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Eyeliner - Prestige - Waterproof Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

umm to be clear.. i have the automatic waterproof eyeliner.. grey colour.
very easy to apply
lasts for the whole day (i don't know about oily skinned people)
if i apply more it becomes darker n darker

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was at London Drugs a few years ago to buy the waterproof eyeliner that CLARINS makes, when the "cosmetologist" asked me if I had ever tried the prestige eyeliners? She said they were 3x cheaper and work just as well. So I tried it.. and I was hooked! Made in germany, Super creamy and black! You have up to a minute to work with it before it sets. ( I still havent mastered the art of eyeliner. lol ) it can be smuged out too if thats the look youre going for. Usually priced around $8. But London Drugs had a 40% off sale and I stocked up.. like i bought 15 pencils. Thats how good these are! I use black and the shade called "suede". its a soft smoky brown colour. I use the one under the eye for some added intensity. and If you ever happen to sleep in your makeup... as long as you dont smear your face into the pillow, your eyeliner will remain the next day :) you will need makeup remover to get it all off tho. I use body shops camomile gentle eye makeup remover. Does not burn the eyes.
The only downside to these when used in the water line is that it will smudge a little on the outside edge after a couple hours.. but its a moist area so can i really blame it? no. actually I dont think Ive ever found a pencil that hasnt smudged b4. do they even exist ?????

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

For reference: NW10 (up to NW13 when "tanned"), dark brown eyes, combo skin leaning oily in the summer & dry in the winter.

I have this in Teakwood & Star, and I plan on buying more shades soon. These are really lovely, at least the shades I have. Pigmented & soft, AND they stay pristine all day for me until I remove my mu (all day being around 6am - 11pm - that's 17 hours!!), even on my watery waterline (usually I get some smudging/transfering, especially near the inner corner/tear duct, the whole line will smudge & move down).

Teakwood is a matte darker reddish-brown color with maybe hints of burgundy, it has at least much red as brown but is definitely very toned down. Very unusual shade for an eyeliner, drugstore or HE. At first I was a little concerned that the redness of Teakwood might make my eyes look bloodshot and sick, but to my surprise Teakwood looks very natural & flattering. Maybe because there is naturally some redness in my eye area and Teakwood plays on that. But this red-toned brown looks much more natural & flattering than straight-up brown eyeliner. Some people didn't even realize I had eyeliner on, just thought I had naturally defined eyes. :D I've been using this regularly for ~3 months now and for sure will rebuy when I run out.

Star is a slightly frosty/shimmery off-white. It's nice for the inner corner but it's sometimes not as opaque as I'd like. In general, I get the feeling that it's not as nice as Teakwood - Star is less pigmented, slightly "greasier", doesn't last AS long, etc. It's still a very decent eyeliner, but I would not repurchase.
I'd give Teakwood 5/5 and Star a 3.7/5. I gave an overall rating of 5 because Teakwood is so awesome and Star is certainly decent quality, I just personally prefer using eyeshadow for inner corner highlighting instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The BEST waterproof eyeliner I have ever used! I am so pleased to stumble upon this little gem when I thought nothing could replace my Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes as my Holy Grail waterproof eyeliner! I have the Prestige Waterproof eyeliner is Charcoal Brown and it's so pigmented (without any hint of red) and looks almost black. It's a top quality liner, soft so it doesn't drag on the eyelids and stays on and on for over 10 hours. I have used MAC, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Chanel and heaps of drugstore brands but this eyeliner is definitely my HG. I hope Prestige never discontinue this eyeliner. Indeed, Prestige is an under-rated brand - the eyeshadows are awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by jchad1988

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LONGLASTING eyeliner that does NOT smudge or wear off and lasts all day and night so easy to apply on too

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used the black eyeliner and it worked okay. It slightly smudged throughout the day and was sometimes difficult to apply. It sometimes created jagged lines and I would need to soften it by holding a lighter to it for a few seconds; it glided on much more smoothly after doing this. The tip rarely broke off though, which has happened often with other retractable liners that I've tried. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Inexpensive and does the trick. Comes in some interesting colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in the color Surf, a muted dark blue. I have oily eyelids and this smudges within the hour even with Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath. It is a pain to apply on the waterline. The color is uneven and patchy. The color is unflattering. Overall, a horrendous product, at least for oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Runnergirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I was shopping for a new eyeliner I tried on about 6 different brands all on the back of my hand and when I tried to rub them off with a tissue all but one came off...Prestige! No matter how hard I rubbed it just stuck on and i've been hooked ever since. It stays on no matter what you do which means (finally) not having to bring eye liner when I go out! Best eye liner I have ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are just OK, to me. I'm not sure how these can be waterproof when they wear off with just the slightest eye watering. They just don't last long on me at all...I will continue with my hunt for a real "waterproof" eyeliner.