Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien Body Cream

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Compared to the perfume, the body cream scent is juicier. It also lasts much, much longer. I get 8 hours+ from the body cream vs 1-2 hours from the perfume. As a body cream, the texture feels rich but not sticky and sinks into skin easily. I also got the Eau de Sud scented body lotion and that is just as good.

However, I'm not keen on 2 things. It is not easy to get the last 1/3 of the product out. I had to cut open the tube to be able to use it up.

The other thing, is that on that after an hour or so my skin feels drier than before. I have normal skin usually, so don;t need to moisturise often. But when I use this scented body cream on my hands or body after half an hour or so the skin feels parched and uncomfortably tight. I had the same issue with cheaper scented lotions like the Britney Spears Curious one. My favorite perfumed creams and lotions that offer moisturise as well as scent would have to be Guerlain. I've found the Guerlain a more luxurious formula that my skin responds well to. Anyway, back to the Annick Goutal body creams. I find I have to moisturise separately before, with an unscented oil or moisturising cream. I did end up using it on my feet in summer sucessfully though. I think the dry feel without gave a fresh lasting scent without it feeling sweaty that richer creams can when feet get hot.

on 10/15/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I became a perfume addict this past summer while using Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien EDP. Then I came upon the reviews for the body cream and decided I just had to have it. I didn't want to spend $60+ for a bottle of 6 ounces of the lotion. I found a perfume company selling a small set that I assume are used by some hotels.. My set included 2.3 ounces of the body lotion and 2.3 ounces of the shower gel. I love the lotion, can't stop myself from using this almost ever single day. The perfume does not last very long on my skin but the lotion has a subtle but gorgeous scent after 12-13 hours which is remarkable. If only they could make the perfume last that long, I would be in heaven..I sent away for a different small set and received 2.3 ounces of the lotion, 2.3 ounces of the shampoo - which I am going to use as shower gel, and 2.3 ounces of hair conditioner. I have sent away for another set of the shower gel and lotion. For about $60 I have over 6 ounces of the lotion and over 6 ounces of the shower gel.
I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 4/27/2006 7:48:00 AM

I'm addicted to this stuff! The perfumed body cream lasts longer than the edt in my opinion. And smells so much better. This scent has a citrus overtone with a very slight floral undertone. Sometimes I slather it on before bed and the sheets still smell of it in the morning. Also love the shower gel but that is also crazy expensive. One tube does last a long time though... I've had the same tube in the shower and it's running low only after about four months of daily use.

on 8/13/2003 5:32:00 PM

this lotion is an absolute must if you love the perfume. if its possible, it smells even better than the perfume.
it is very highly scented, and it lingers for hours. layering the lotion with the perfume really makes the scent last. its light yet very moisturizing, and sinks in quickly and does not leave a residue.
review challenge 08/03-08/09 continued >>

on 1/31/2002 1:21:00 PM

This was not for me. I received a generous sample from a swapper, and although the cream is nice, it smelled like Lemon Pledge on me. I love the Petite Cherie lotion, but this one made me smell like furniture polish.

on 1/31/2002 7:03:00 AM

If you love Hadrien, this is pure heaven. It is very rich and highly perfumed, and the scent is true to the original fragrance. Gorgeous!

Popular Body Skincare Products