October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Hair Treatments - Dove - Advanced Color Care Radiance Enhancing Treatment

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I grabbed this from a 99Cents Store in Vegas. The smell is okay, but it did nothing great for my hair! It was sticky and crunchy and it left my hair feeling like hay!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrid! Not only does this do nothing for moisture or shine on coloured hair, but it also leaves my hair feeling coarse. And it stinks, stinks, stinks! It's smells sooooo strong and perfumey! My eyes were burning and I was practically choking being trapped in the shower with this stuff! Would NOT recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i LOVED this stuff! and im so surprised to see some negative reviews too! this stuff is dirt cheap and comes in little one dose tubes which i find very handy for the shower or the gym. i have alot of long hair and one tube is ok for me though i condition normally first then add a portion of this to my hair. i never have to shampoo afterwards but i never put it on my scalp anyway. this has done wonders to my hair! its now very soft and shiny and though it says that it is for hair coloured darker i think that it would be an amazing treatment for any hair, coloured or not. i will try heating it up but i love it anyway even using it at room temperature. no split ends, just shiny, soft, less tangly hair. will continue to purchase for as long as it is on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm far from impressed with this deep conditioning treatment. It smells very strongly of roses, which I can not stand but would be able to deal with if it wasn't so overpowering.
Aside from that, this product left my hair feeling very greasy and coated even after shampooing a couple times. It did not leave my hair any softer, healthier, or shinier.
A complete waste of plastic tubes and the box they came in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I received a sample of this in the mail last week, and finally used it this morning. I have some highlights/lowlights on the top layer of my hair, and I thought this conditioning might be good for them. The results are pretty good--my hair's definitely soft and holding a curl well. My highlights seems to have more variation of color than usual; within each streak are a host of tones instead of all one shade. Not too much smoothing action, though. There seem to be more flyaways than usual around my face. I don't think once was enough to know how well this really worked. For now I wouldn't repurchase unless there was an amazing sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

These little tubes ressemble hot oil treatments. I put mine in hot water first and it really helped to penetrate. Left my hair smelling awesome and with a good amount of shine and body. Not bad at all. Dove has really revamped their haircare line which is still at a good price. Not bad for a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at big Walgreens in a nearby town. This Walgreens had all sorts of new items I have not seen in any stores elsewhere. Dove seems to have revamped their hair product line, as all sorts of specialty products for damaged or colored hair are available. This is a box of 5 treatment tubes along the lines of hot oil treatment, but the product is not oil. It is more like deep conditoner in a tube. It is supposed to be for "hair colored darker or similar to its natural shade", but I think that is likely a gimmick, as I don't see how this product would be ONLY for a certain haircolor. The box claims that this product will "provide the same softness, manageability, and radiance as the after-colorant conditioners supplied in home coloring kids" and "leaves hair as silky and shiny as the day it is colored". I found that it does indeed do both. I have heavily color-treated hair that I am not coloring anymore, but trying to grow out. You apply this product to hair in the shower after shampooing. Leave in for 3 minutes. Rinse. I did this, and thought that my hair felt like something was on it. So, I used my regular shampoo and conditioner afterwards, as I would with a hot oil treatment. After using this product my hair now has a glowing shine to it and is very soft and smooth, more shine than my shampoo and conditoner alone provides (and I LOVE my shampoo and conditioner!) This Dove product really did something. The "radiance" claim is true here on my hair. This was regular $5.99 for 5 treatments, and I used a $1 off coupon, making it $1 per treatment. I did not like the mini-tube packaging, because there was still product in the tube that I couldn't get out. It was a tiny amount, but still, it was there. _____________ingredients_______water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG_2 oleammonium chloride, glycerin, dimethiconol, fragrance, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, DMDM hydantoin, Lysine HCI, Silk amino acids, borago officinalis seed oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone. After the seed oil and the amimo acids they list the specific names--a lot! Check the label if you're at the store.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No