August 29, 2014 | 1656 users online

Brows - Physicians Formula - Wonder Brow

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by mcheuk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too waxy for me. I have long brow hairs, and this product ended up bunching them all together, making them stick. There was also no way for me to remove some of the product, so I ended up with a really solid, dark brow. I prefer having some kind of brush (I usually use Lancome Le Crayon Poudre Brow Pencil) to remove excess color off, in order to create a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by KIDCURRY1942

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, but I think I bought the wrong color. I bought Dark Brown because CVS didn' t have Medium Brown, which I think would be a better match to my dyed medium auburn hair. Dark Brown is too dark, but I like how it filled in the sparse areas of my brows and kept the brow hair I do have in place. It lasts all day and doesn't fade or smudge. I just brush my brows in place very lightly with an eyebrow brush and I'm done. The only gripe I have is about the packaging. When I sharpened it and tried to wipe the shavings off the sharpener, it come apart from the cap. I will buy this again, but in Medium Brown next time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I likey. Girls, this may be discontinued because I was able to pick up a couple of pencils from the .99 store.
I purchased medium brown and soft black and amazingly, both work well with my colors (red hair, black brows.) I found other descriptions of "sheer" hard to imagine but that's exactly what you get. In a strange way it's the sheer that makes the colors work so well. Not sure what the true purchase price is, but I would repurchase at retail if I had to. Dull tip? Pull out the bottom portion, there is a sharpener hidden there.
I'm all over this one. Going back to stock up :-)
UPDATE Demoted to one lippie: has anyone else noticed fallout of the brows using these wax crayons? I'm hoping they fill back in. Careful with this one you guys.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These were gone at CVS with a line through the bar code so they can not be re-ordered. I found them on clearance at Walgreens and bought two. I do not think they are being discontinued though. They are on the PF site with a new name, Wonderful Brow.
I bought these based on the reviews. I'm an over-tweezer and need something to fix my brows up. These glide on smooth and very sheer. The thick pencil lets you fill the area quicker, although you may need a Q-tip to clean up if you have thin brows. Once I clean up, it stays put. The sheerness prevents over doing it. I don't find these provide much staying power. Just the slight wax may give you a bit of hold but don't except to tame brows with this. No eyebrows zits from the wax and it's not as waxy as MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by whitemaideowyn

Man, I so wanted to love this. But it just didn't work for me. I have black hair and got soft black, thinking it won't be too harsh. I don't know if it was a bad one and just dried up or what. It didn't go on smoothly and the tip was hard to work with. I guess I like my application to be more precise than the giant tip. Oh well, I like my cheap powder much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

I really got to like this product as soon as I found the right colors for my skin and hair.
The medium and light brown colors applied on top of each other combine to make one great long lasting color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just can't find a more natural brow product than this! I use this in light brown, which is more like a taupe blonde, and for me it's perfectly natural with my platinum blonde hair. It defines my eyebrows without making them clown-like or noticable in any way, but natural. I will use this stuff until the day I die, because it is my absolute HG for brows. It is waxy, so it keeps your eyebrow in place. I don't ever have issues with it *migrating* anywhere, even on the hottest of days. I also have the control of creating the perfect eyebrow shape with it. Absolute HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoa, after reading the last couple of reviews I'm not sure about this. I have yet to try to sharpen it (and that does seem to be potentially problematic) and the one I bought was not dried out, so I've been very pleased so far. The main pluses are: the color is particularly good on fair brows, and the texture is particularly good for filling in sparse brows. My brows, even grown out, are naturally light, thin and gappy, plus my left one is seamed by a childhood scar. The wide, waxy pencil sort or glides over everything very subtly, and fills everything in and the color looks right. I've tried almost every blonde or taupe pencil or powder out there, with various not-so-great results, and so I've finally resorted to have them professionally tinted every 4 weeks, which is expensive and -- well, just something I'm not crazy about doing all the time. So here's hoping this will keep working for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by chiggysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree entirely with the latest review. Mine is almost ditto hers. I too looked high and low for this brow shaper. It goes on good at first when it's fresh and new and then just like the other reviewer states, it dries out and becomes difficult to apply. Sharpening is another problem (a fatal one it seems). The first time I bought this, when it was time to sharpen it, it fell apart. O.K. so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and figured it must have been an old one when I bought it and explained away why it just crumbled when I tried to sharpen. So . . . I went out and bought another one and the same thing happened again, starts out good, goes on very nicely and then it dries out (this occurs rather quickly too, I might add, over a matter of weeks, not months). When this one too needed sharpening (sharpener that comes with it is pathetic at best anyway and you can't use your other sharpeners either!) it too has crumbled and has been rendered useless. I definitely will not waste my time trying to find this, nor will I purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wonder if I ended up with a defective product because all of these wonderful reviews do not describe my experience with Wonder Brow, at all! First, the brow stick seemed dry rather than waxy. Also, it didn't fit the cylinder that holds it - so it would fall out. Also, the nubby tip is just too wide so I didn't have much control over where the product actually landed. Eventually, the product got so dry that hardly any product marked my brow anyway. I was majorly disappointed because I really hunted this product down due to the good reviews. What a waste of time and energy.