OPI Manicure finishing butter

on 11/16/2008 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am obsessed with OPI's Manicure Skin Renewal Scrub and I love that scent so I bought the Manicure Finishing Butter, hoping it would have the same refreshing citrus scent. Unfortunately it doesnt. It's a nice scent a very light licorishy scent like fennel or anise.and once it dries down it doesn't have much of a scent. I like it more as a body butter than a hand lotion because I find it actually dries out my hands, but it makes my legs feel awesome and gives them a nice shiny look. I really like the texture of this it's unlike any lotion I've used before. I also like that it has SPF 15. This stuff is super expensive, luckily a friend of mine can get salon stuff from the beauty supply stores for cheap so I only paid like 30 bucks for the HUGE bottle. If you've used OPI's skin quenchers lotions this is a lot thicker. I would buy it again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

on 12/3/2006 12:58:00 AM

I received this for free after writing to OPI and asking them to open a museum.

I love most OPI products and I was expecting to love this too. But I just find it good, not spectacular. Mostly I LOVE the texture, very light and smooth and slippery. The scent is slightly herbal with a very STRONG anise scent. It's more like a body butter scent than a lotion scent, but it's whipped, not creamy or dense.

What's great about this is really only the texture because the softness and the lasting power is nil. I really felt that my hands were actually drier after using... I felt that this made them feel good but doesn't moisturize. There is a difference there. Maybe I need something heavier, but this product only softened the hand for five minutes, then wore off. Then I should have just gotten up and grabbed my Essie Smoothies since that what seems to last on me, that or the Creative Scentsations... but I will not be buying Manicure finishing butter.

It is commendable that OPI is using SPF 15 in this product but it just doesn't last. So I am not giving this rating beyond a 4, but at that, I feel it's too generous.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Fantastic lightweight, non greasy moisturizing hand lotion with SPF 15, smells nice and lite. My hands feel like velvet after its rubbed in. Not sticky or slippery. Love it-will repuchase.